LPTV: CHINA - Part 1

GlassCastles

Linkin Park has just released the first LPTV from their five show run in China, with footage from Nanjing, Shenzhen, and Shanghai. In the episode, the band discuss music's universal connection with fans and how the tour will be their biggest ever in China.

What did you think about the episode? Looking forward to Part 2?

Edited by RogueSoul

Sry guys, I have something off topic. I had weird feeling about Chester in Rybnik. I don't know maybe I'm paranoid. I've noticed especialy during screaming parts he doesn't screams whole bridge. He stop screams last 2 seconds and there is still scream. Is it some echo or he uses playback? I've noticed this thing in some videos on youtube as well. Please tell me I'm wrong with playback.

Sry guys, I have something off topic. I had weird feeling about Chester in Rybnik. I don't know maybe I'm paranoid. I've noticed especialy during screaming parts he doesn't screams whole bridge. He stop screams last 2 seconds and there is still scream. Is it some echo or he uses playback? I've noticed this thing in some videos on youtube as well. Please tell me I'm wrong with playback.

Yeah man it's an echo effect, don't worry.

He uses an echo effect to keep the scream going (for intesity purposes) but since he can't physically do screams like the GU Bridge or OSC Outro or else he'll destroy his voice.

He uses an echo effect to keep the scream going (for intesity purposes) but since he can't physically do screams like the GU Bridge or OSC Outro or else he'll destroy his voice.

Glad to hear it. I thought he uses fucking playback. Maybe I have one more similar question. Mike said in some interview or LPU chat they don't play everything on stage live. I've noticed their guitar and bass engineers are in the backstage with instruments. I'm not musician so I'm litlle bit out. Can anybody explain this to me? Thanks BTW. Chester should quit screaming. I like screaming but I think it's time to sing only clean. He is almost 40 and in ten years? I dont know but I can't imagine his screaming in 50. They can play heavy without screams.

Glad to hear it. I thought he uses fucking playback. Maybe I have one more similar question. Mike said in some interview or LPU chat they don't play everything on stage live. I've noticed their guitar and bass engineers are in the backstage with instruments. I'm not musician so I'm litlle bit out. Can anybody explain this to me?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Almost every artist uses backing tracks to either add elements of the studio version that they can't play live because of layering or simply to act as a click track for the band. Look at Robot Boy or CFTI live, for example, since those two will probably be easiest to understand in this scenario. Robot Boy - Mike's playing the intro piano and the synth solo, but the dums are other elements are all played in the background. In CFTI, Joe's doing all the scratching but everything else is played over the PA.

The tech's backstage really just make sure the band has the guitars they need to perform the songs they're doing. They bring out the different guitars to the band members and take the unused ones backstage, they tune the guitars, restring them before the shows, etc. Hope that clears stuff up.

Chester should quit screaming. I like screaming but I think it's time to sing only clean. He is almost 40 and in ten years? I dont know but I can't imagine his screaming in 50. They can play heavy without screams.

Nope.

I mean they can play heavy without screaming, yeah, but screaming should stay. It's not as if screaming is destroying his voice, he's a professional.

If you have anymore questions about the band's live stuff, use this thread: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7380

Good grief, would the Given Up bridge and OSC outro screams ever sound like shit without the echo on them. If you can't tell the difference between a decades-old simple echo effect and "playback," you're in no position to be complaining about authenticity from a live performer.

Edited by Astat

I'm not sure I understand your question. Almost every artist uses backing tracks to either add elements of the studio version that they can't play live because of layering or simply to act as a click track for the band. Look at Robot Boy or CFTI live, for example, since those two will probably be easiest to understand in this scenario. Robot Boy - Mike's playing the intro piano and the synth solo, but the dums are other elements are all played in the background. In CFTI, Joe's doing all the scratching but everything else is played over the PA.

The tech's backstage really just make sure the band has the guitars they need to perform the songs they're doing. They bring out the different guitars to the band members and take the unused ones backstage, they tune the guitars, restring them before the shows, etc. Hope that clears stuff up.

Thanks. I just wanted to know if they play every guitar parts. I mean Mike and Brad. If their techs help them with playing from the backstage. So answer is no. I had to ask. Thank you for explanation :)

Good grief, would the Given Up bridge and OSC outro screams ever sound like shit without the echo on them. If you can't tell the difference between a decades-old simple echo effect and "playback," you're in no position to be complaining about authenticity from a live performer.

Like I said before I'm not musician. I don't recognise everything on stage.

Edited by FromTheInside