LP Next Studio Album.

What would you like to hear for the next album? I know that we'll never get what we want but it's fun to dream.

I would love to have a Hip-Hop album with some super heavy bass tracks but also with real instruments like The Roots, you may think that Chester would be end up in the shadows this time but hell no, if Mike is taking over singing vocals in recent albums why Chester can't handle some rapping?

It would be extremely interesting and fresh to have some rap by Chester in the style of the covers of the Beastie Boys (Sabotage with LP & Fight For Your Right with Camp Freddy) also his verses in Blackout are amazing.

Edited by LPJZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that they will go full pop but thats just me , i kinda hope they move into even heavier territory than the hunting party while at the same time experimenting a little bit with punk rock like "war" or even progressive metal/rock with more complex guitar playing and non-conventional song structures ,that would be cool

I always wanted album by LP in MtM+ATS style - with tracks like Primo, BITS. OR album with rock, but melodic, catchy and not very heavy like New Divide, Final Masquerade, In My Remains or Roads Untraveled - something like THP+LT style.

Or as someone said - a hybrid of ATS and THP - my two favorite albums by Linkin Park.

I want an album with a mix of MTM/LT with some THP raps. A lot of people say they'd better release another heavy album, but IMO they'd better not do that because last year we got a heavy album, but they killed us to play them live.

They said full-on pop before THP, so I think they'll do that. That will be pretty disappointing since I dislike Burn It Down MASSIVELY and that's about as cartoonish/poppy as they've gotten.

I'd like an album like ATS with experimental song structures....doesn't have to be electronic, it could be rock. Songs like TLTGYA. Doesn't even have to be heavy but I like change and I like good change.

I don't think pop will do much for the fans but LP might go back to selling out arenas with 2-3 number one hits on a pop album.

I think it's 3rd or 4th thread where we discuss the next studio album, but anyway...

I hope for something different, maybe some blues, reggae, techno and jazz influences blended in the metal/rock/pop/rap/alternative sound they already have. I would like to hear some Chester's rapping too. Since Mike encouraged Brad and Rob to improve their playing order to play THP, maybe he should improve his piano playing, and make songs with some prodigy piano playing. Maybe do some death metal and metalcore songs. I would like an album with all this, an album full of diversity, and things they haven't done before.

The next album on will be Joe and Mike only All their solo medley preformances are preparing for this massive change.

Hey guys, look! I found a troll!

Do I get a cookie now?

Non-troll: Something along the lines of the two solos, yet still developed for the entire band could be cool.

Hopefully it's something that Linkin Park wants to make themselves, even if it is poppy, and they don't give a fuck about what the 20 ''hardcore'' fans think on LPLive. I've been a member of a lot of fan sites for bands and this site talks the most shit about any band I've ever seen. Linkin Park has never been on a full on rock band and they probably don't want to kee making heavy music just to please the 20 or so people I see on this sit blast the band all this time.

If they want to go for a pop album, go for it. If they want to go for a metal album, go for it. If they want to go for a country album, go for it. If they want to go for an EDM album, go for it. It's the bands choice...

Personally, I think they will continue on after where they left off with Living Things. It seems like the band kind of went out on an edge for The Hunting Party since that wasn't their original direction in terms of progression but the band was so inspired to make something heavy that they went for it.

Mike did say during an interview at Rock In Rio that they were satisfied with the reaction they got from The Hunting Party and that they want to experiment on the next album, so that seems to me that they probably are pursuing a different idea than the kind of music made for a The Hunting Party.

I personally think some of their best work were on albums like Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns and Living Things so I hope they can deliver with those caliber of songs again. Chester has a great voice and they don't utilize it enough in my opinion. Stone Temple Pilots utilizes it, so should Linkin Park. I also think they are really great at writing melodies and choruses that will stick in your head and I hope they write those kind of songs again.

I gave this topic some thought a couple of days ago, before this thread. This goes in-depth. In my opinion, I like to take A Thousand Suns as an example. I dont want them to replicate this album, but to continue the great things they did on this album.

Lyrics

Firstly, I'd like them to reinvent themselves with the lyrics and to really get nitpicky with them. A song like Until It's Gone has a Linkin Park stamp on it. Its so Linkin Park, while the band has the potential to write really good songs, like they did on A Thousand Suns. I dont have problems with the personal nor political point of view. I just want it to be good.

Secondly, something I didnt liked on It Goes Through, for example, is that the second verse is almost identical to the first, which I find disappointing.

Thirdly, I want Mike to get off his horse and not to brag so much. It made sense on a song like When They Come for Me because it matches the theme of the album, but since Living Things and especially on The Hunting Party (Keys to the Kingdom, All for Nothing, Wastelands, A Line in the Sand), he exaggerates it. Where are the themes he used on Papercut or Fort Minor?

Music

What bothered me on Living Things (and before actually, but it came to the front on this album) was the song structure the band used on many songs. Of course the AABA-pattern is a common thing in the current pop music world and its okay to use that. But you can experiment within this structure. So what have New Divide, Burning in the Skies, Lost in the Echo, Ill Be Gone, and Powerless in common? The last four bars in the bridge consist of the first lyrical bars/sentences from the chorus. Its so repetitive. It´s a way that the band became familiar with in writing a transition between the bridge and the final chorus. But every song in A Thousand Suns was different compared to another song on that album. The Hunting Party likewise. Did you know that Keys to the Kingdom, All for Nothing, Wastelands, Rebellion, Final Masquerade and A Line in the Sand all differ in their final chorus?

Id love to hear them experiment with song structure, time signatures, creating amazing ambiances (like in Castle of Glass, Powerless, Final Masquerade, Until Its Gone and all of A Thousand Suns), retaining energy with rock/metal sounds (Figure .09, Papercut etc.) and taking their best songs to a whole new level (A Line in the Sand, the Little Things Give You Away, Keys to the Kingdom (the second half).

Style

What I love about Linkin Park is that they are able to do anything. The only genre they didn´t do is R&B. Every album (except for Meteora) has its own sound. On Minutes to Midnight, the band tried to go astray from the nu metal sound, in which they succeeded. On A Thousand Suns, they tried to expand their barriers even more, in every way. Living Things was the commercial album, a commercial compromise, to reconnect with some lost rock fans but in their own comfortable way. The Hunting Party was the critical compromise, to gain some credibility with the rock critics but also as a response to rock radio, but again in their own way, once again, expanding barriers.

So whats next? I really dont know. But I bet Im going to love it again. They could go commercial again, like they did on Meteora and Living Things, but I dont think they will. I expect something slightly softer with more electronics in it and Chester more prominent. You never know it with Linkin Park. I think that the next album will come out in 2017/18, in a different music world with new influences.

I'd be happy if they did some sort of an MTM/ATS/LT mix. Some songs that go somwhere between pop rock and rock, some experimental trakcs (both lyrics and instrumental wise), and have some nice electroincs to add to those songs. Some acoustic stuff would be nice as well. But, they probably would end up going full pop. I think the main reason why they didn't promote THP that much after it came out, is because it didn't get a lot of mainstream success (charting, radio play, etc.). In my opinion, with this album, they'll try to create something that will be more well received, which will result in a much poppier record.

I want a self-titled album. An album that represents LP as a whole. Some songs on it would fit Hybrid Theory, some Minutes To Midnight, some Living Things, etc... I want everything they have under one roof. Hence the self-titled name. It's them in a nutshell. That way we get heavy jams, folk music, hip-hop, pop, and electronic/indy all in one. Each single could be drastically different from the rest and appeal to all the fans. Could be a nice way to wrap things up (for now).

and they don't give a fuck about what the 20 ''hardcore'' fans think on LPLive. I've been a member of a lot of fan sites for bands and this site talks the most shit about any band I've ever seen. Linkin Park has never been on a full on rock band and they probably don't want to kee making heavy music just to please the 20 or so people I see on this sit blast the band all this time.

Hey Geki. Bye Geki.

If they went pop I think it could work, as long as the songs aren't like Burn it Down (I still don't do the all caps thing). To me, that song sounds like it's trying too hard to be pop. I could imagine that song being born from the band saying "Ok, let's write a radio song", and as a result I never could enjoy it.

If they went pop I think it could work, as long as the songs aren't like Burn it Down (I still don't do the all caps thing). To me, that song sounds like it's trying too hard to be pop. I could imagine that song being born from the band saying "Ok, let's write a radio song", and as a result I never could enjoy it.

I kinda like BID the instrumental is really good what I don't like is the chorus it sucks massive balls, the synth in the bridge is nice I wouldn't mind getting another BID just to make LP popular again, so they would come to my country again.

I kinda like BID the instrumental is really good what I don't like is the chorus it sucks massive balls, the synth in the bridge is nice I wouldn't mind getting another BID just to make LP popular again, so they would come to my country again.

Oh yeah I agree that the instrumental was pretty good. It's the same kind of deal as Until It's Gone. I love that track instrumentally, but I just don't like the lyrics too much.