Special Los Angeles Memorial Soon

RogueSoul

The official Linkin Park Twitter just tweeted out a new message regarding how the band is doing and a quick diagnostic on plans for the future:

DH2tly4U0AAZkIC.jpg

The band is looking to host a special event in Los Angeles in Chester's memory soon with details to follow in a few weeks. What's interesting and perhaps most relieving about this message is that Phoenix wrote "The five of us are so grateful for all of your support as we heal and build the future of Linkin Park.' Whatever that means, it seems as if the band isn't calling it quits just yet, but still need time to figure out how things will play out.

The band will choose whatever is best for them and we will support it 100%. Until then, we'll all keep healing together. If you're still having trouble coping, the LPLive Help Line Discord chat is still very much alive and active. For any updates on Linkin Park be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.

It's hard to believe it's only been a month. It does feel like far longer. I don't expect them to be ready to play anytime soon, but they have on two separate occasions (where they haven't been pressed to do so) issued statements stating the look forward to the band and performing in the future.

That being said, it does feel irresponsible to me that radio stations are already pushing the LA "event" as a tribute show.

It's hard to believe that we will hear a new LP album again and will get a new world tour

One step at a time lol. I don't think that will happen for a few years at least. Although if they were to go out on tour again I will be there.

Interesting. I wonder what they are going to do exactly, but I am happy there is some movement.

Also I wonder what the whole event is going to be like. There are many options on how to do such a thing, hopefully including a livestream etc.

I think it might also give people a bit of closure, as well as for themselves to not just blatantly end it at that.

I hope they can make a good decision for themselves of what they want to do in the future, and that they can slowly heal a bit too. Must've been such a rough time. One day at the time and one step at the time.

With whatever they come up with I'm supporting them all the way, their music has always been awesome after all. I hope for more music of course, but we'll see what they do. It's their life and job.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

this is my first post here, so... yeah, I'm glad to be here :D

I'm really excited about the memorial in L.A., because I'm planning to go there with a friend and we're both from Germany.

We're desperately waiting for any news. Last week we've read that there was a fan memorial planned on the 22nd of October (in L.A.), which "now has to remain lowkey out of respect for the official one", so we were wondering if they're going to do it around the 20th...

What do you guys think? I mean... the concerts in Japan are still not cancelled and if they're really gonna play those dates I'm pretty sure the memorial has to be before that, because to me it'd seem weird to play "normal" concerts without having some sort of "closure" first (which I'm sure will never really happen, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say) at a memorial with a lot of fans...

And I'm wondering what it'll be like. I attended two memorials in Germany, which were really emotional but beautiful... but I don't think they'll do something like that. I think it'll be a concert with a lot of artists that loved/respected/worked with Chester and the rest of Linkin Park...

It's just really important to us, because we wanna support the guys and celebrate Chester's life with them...

Edited by Headstrong0510