LPU 16 Wishlist

DarkChester

Didn't see a thread for this year...

What do you hope makes it on to the LPU 16 CD this year? I'm always been a big fan of the band releasing demos of songs that actually made the main albums, such as stuff like Primo, the Faint demo, Fear, Holding Company, Pretty Birdy, you get the idea. I do like having demos in general, even if they are songs that didn't make the cut, but I do prefer having demos of songs that made it. I think it's really cool to see how a song progressed to the final versions that we know and love. LPU 15 interestingly enough didn't have any demos of songs that made the main albums, unless the final track is one. LPU 14 had BTH. I think LPU 9 and LPU 13 were the best for this.

Anyways, I'd love to see a Bleed It Out demo. A Shadow Of The Day demo would be cool as well, maybe the version with the electric banjo that they talked about. I'd also love to see more demos of A Thousand Suns songs, it would be epic to get demos of stuff like Waiting For The End, Blackout, The Messenger with the pub chorus, etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next month is the last LPU15 demo so maybe there's something cool there.

As for LPU16, we'll likely get more 0:47-long unfinished 1998 demos, more Meteora instrumentals, a short MTM instrumental, and if we're really lucky, Breaking the Habit. Live.

Yeah, basically how I feel. Not really feeling the LPU albums the last few years. Seems like they stopped giving us quality demos like Primo and Pretty Birdy and the like. I like demos of songs that made the albums because they are usually good songs and it's cool to see how they evolved into the album versions that we know, etc. Don't care much for songs that didn't make the cut on albums and stuff like that, I hardly ever listen to any of them.

I'm still waiting for the Final Masquerade demo that had Mike singing it all the way through.

That would be dope. I'd rather have stuff like that instead of rejected songs that didn't make albums, etc. There is so much good shit like that in the vault. A few that come to mind, including this, would be;

Papercut (Demo): Would be nice to have on a LPU album, even if we already have a few different version of it now.

Somewhere I Belong (Demo): One of the ones with a different chorus, the band said they had 30 different choruses for it.

Numb (Demo): Would just be cool to hear, IMO.

Given Up (Demo): Wanted this since 2007. The version where Chester kept going after the 18 second scream into 30 seconds.

Leave Out All The Rest (Demo): The one heard on the making of MTM with Mike singing the whole song with real lyrics.

Shadow Of The Day (Demo): The one with the electric banjo that was used in it that was later scrapped from the song.

Hands Held High (Demo): The one Mike talked about in The Making of MTM Webster Hall version, the alternate chorus.

Blackout (Demo): The one heard on LPTV with different lyrics from chester about acid rain, etc.

Iridescent (Demo): The one talked about in LPTV, the ''piano version'', would be nice to hear to me.

The Messenger (Demo): The one with the English pub used as background, show in LPUTV.

LOST IN THE ECHO (Demo): The one the band talked about with Rick in the making of Inside LIVING THINGS.

SKIN TO BONE (Demo): The original ''hippie folk song'' version that Chester talked about.

UNTIL IT BREAKS (Demo): The fourth demo that wasn't released yet, where Chester's part in the song comes from.

POWERLESS (Demo): The original version of it that the band talked about. Think what Primo was to I'll Be Gone.

Keys To The Kingdom (Demo): The band talked about this many times in 2014 during interviews and such. I want the version with the kid screaming ''The cold doesn't bother me anyway!'' at the end instead of what we got on the album. Although, 99.9% sure this will never be released because Mike said Disney didn't want to let them use the line. But it just sounds fun to me.

All For Nothing (Demo): The one that the band originally showed Page in LPTV. With the ''Got my soldiers steppin' to it'' lyric.

Guilty All The Same (Demo): The one that Chester said originally inspired the band to make the album heavy upon hearing.

War (Demo): The original demo that Chester wrote at his house in 5 mins and brought into the band. He talks about it on the ScuzzTV interview from 2014, he said that Mike asked him if he had an punk songs laying around and Chester wrote it and brought it in the next day. Mike also mentioned that the demo for War originally had the lyric ''1-2-1-2 Fuck you!'' but they changed it to ''1-2-1-2 Thank you!'' for the album. I want to hear it.

Final Masquerade (Demo): The one you mentioned with Mike singing the entire song.

A Line In The Sand (Demo): Sounded cool in the LPUTV episode for it.

Edited by DarkChester

WHAT

I kid you not. In the Making of MTM (Webster Hall Version), they were talking about how they came up with the 18 second scream idea in Given Up. Chester said ''I went past the 30 second mark and Mike said we might have to cut it down into half'' or something like that. I remember him specifically saying he went past 30 seconds and they were laughing about and Mike was saying he can't believe that Chester could do that, etc.. I really wish they had all this stuff in the Making of MTM that came with the album. But yeah, this would be epic to hear, IMO. Out of everything on my list, it's probably the least likely to ever be released, though.

Edited by DarkChester

I kid you not. In the Making of MTM (Webster Hall Version), they were talking about how they came up with the 18 second scream idea in Given Up. Chester said ''I went past the 30 second mark and Mike said we might have to cut it down into half'' or something like that. I remember him specifically saying he went past 30 seconds and they were laughing about and Mike was saying he can't believe that Chester could do that, etc.. I really wish they had all this stuff in the Making of MTM that came with the album. But yeah, this would be epic to hear, IMO. Out of everything on my list, it's probably the least likely to ever be released, though.

I was actually about to write why didn't they include the 30 seconds scream in the final version but then I thought about it live so that kinda crushed it but it would be cool to see that demo.

Another "LPU 9"-esque release would be pretty cool. A bunch of demos of songs that made albums, + one or two instrumentals/other demos.

1. One of the other Tom Morello Jams
  2. Meadowlands (Waiting For The End Demo)
  3. Drawbar (Final Masquerade Demo)
  4. Castle Of Glass (Demo)
  5. Dingleberry (When They Come For Me Demo)
  6. Minutes To Midnight Instrumental
  7. From The Inside Demo
  8. Shadow Of The Day (Demo)
  9. Meteora Demo
  10. Tinfoil (Powerless Demo)

Another "LPU 9"-esque release would be pretty cool. A bunch of demos of songs that made albums, + one or two instrumentals/other demos.

1. One of the other Tom Morello Jams
  2. Meadowlands (Waiting For The End Demo)
  3. Drawbar (Final Masquerade Demo)
  4. Castle Of Glass (Demo)
  5. Dingleberry (When They Come For Me Demo)
  6. Minutes To Midnight Instrumental
  7. From The Inside Demo
  8. Shadow Of The Day (Demo)
  9. Meteora Demo
  10. Tinfoil (Powerless Demo)

Wow, your list is epic. I wish this would happen. LPU9 and LPUXIII are the best LPU releases to me, and mostly because I love how they gave us demos of songs that made the cut. LPU9 was perfect to me. This is a great tracklisting. I wish Mike would read your post and consider this for LPU16.

After checking out the list of unreleased songs I created this new wishlist. I assume they will continue with the bi-monthly thing, so I've selected 12.

1. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride
2. Grecian
3. Chicken Basket
4. Nocturnal (Meteora Demo)
5. Episodes (Minutes to Midnight Demo)
6. Powerless (2010 Long Version Demo)
7. Sakura ( I liked a lot the samples from stagelight)
8. Ape
9. Dingleberry (WTCFM Demo)
10. Poppy THP Demo
11. Sono
12. Unrealeased Remix by Mike
Edited by Capacity

After checking out the list of unreleased songs I created this new wishlist. I assume they will continue with the bi-monthly thing, so I've selected 12.

As a physical collector, I literally hated the bi-monthly digital only thing that they did. I hated it back when Fort Minor did it with the Militia as well but I never thought LP would do it since they usually release stuff physically.

As a physical collector, I literally hated the bi-monthly digital only thing that they did. I hated it back when Fort Minor did it with the Militia as well but I never thought LP would do it since they usually release stuff physically.

As a physical collector sucks, but I prefer the bi-monthly download. It's a great way to kill time to the next edition and even more this year, that we haven't almost had any news. And above all, we receive two more demos, which is fantastic.

As a physical collector sucks, but I prefer the bi-monthly download. It's a great way to kill time to the next edition and even more this year, that we haven't almost had any news. And above all, we receive two more demos, which is fantastic.

I'm going to just end up burning them all on a CD to keep in my collection.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...

Since LP release a lot of unreleased tracks/seeds in LPU15 (exception of Part of Me demo) and they weren't that much exciting, I would like a LPU16 full of demos of songs already released. Since we have almost all the HT demos, we could receive two from each album besides it, making 10 songs in total. Something like this:

When My Time Comes (Leave Out All the Rest Demo) or the demo with Mike singing full lyrics

Battle Axe (Victimized Demo)

Figure.09 (Singing Verses Demo)

Odyssey (A Line in the Sand Demo)

21 Stitches (Given Up Demo)

Pac Manny (Blackout Demo)

Sick (Don't Stay Demo)

Dingleberry (When They Come for Me Demo)

Buried At Sea (Burn It Down Demo)

True Chainz (All for Nothing Demo)

Edited by kiq fLP

I would like to see such a tracklist:

1. Figure.09 (Demo with Mike
's rapping)
2. In Between (Demo with Chester
's vocals)
3. FTI/LFY/HTF Demo
4. Buried At Sea (BID Demo)
5. Accident (BIO Original Demo)
6. 1997-1999 Demo
21 Stitches (Given Up Demo)
8. TINFOIL (Powerless Longform 2010 Demo)
9. True Chainz (AFN Demo)
10. Odyssey (ALITS Original 2010 Demo)
11. Violent Lullaby (The Catalyst Demo)
12. Song Q (HHH Demo)

Edited by Metheory

01. Pictureboard (Xero/Hybrid Theory)
02. Dust Brothers song featuring Linkin Park (2001)
03. My December (Remixed by DJ Crook of Team Sleep) (Reanimation)
04. Sick ("Don't Stay" Demo) (Meteora)
05. "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (Meteora)
06. Machine Shop mixtape song (2005)
07. Fire In The City (Minutes To Midnight)
08. Chicken Basket (A Thousand Suns)
09. Powerless (Original Longform Demo) (A Thousand Suns/Living Things)
10. Skin To Bone (Demo) (Living Things)