2014.10.18 - Belo Horizonte, MG - Circuito Banco do Brasil (+ Webcast)

RogueSoul

2014-CircuitoBancodoBrazil_zpse828f467.p

Linkin Park is back on the road! After taking a month off from touring after the Carnivores Tour as Chester toured with Stone Temple Pilots and Joe promoted MALL, the band will be heading down to South America for a short excursion in Brazil for the Circuito Banco do Brasil Festival in Belo Horizonte and Brasilía.

The band will perform their first show in Belo Horizonte on Saturday, October 18 at Esplanada do Mineirão. This will be the band's first time performing in Belo Horizonte, and the fourth time ever that the band will be touring in Brazil (one show in 2004 to end the major part of the Meteora Touring Cycle, one show in 2010, and a few shows in 2012). Though the tour is short this time around, the band is rumored to return to South America in March 2015.

I can tell you're all asking the question: what will the band play? We're not 100% sure yet. Mike and Joe have posted snippets of 'Points Of Authority' and 'Final Masquerade' being rehearsed, respectively, so we'll definitely be seeing those! According to Phoenix's LPU chat recently (if you missed it, check out this summary from our friends at mikeshinodaclan.com!), the band will be adding a few more songs into the setlist, old and new! While we can't say for certain what songs he may be referring to, new songs from The Hunting Party are surely being implemented! Older songs the band had rehearsed for the Carnivores Tour that never made the setlists include 'A Light That Never Comes', 'Breaking The Habit', 'No More Sorrow', 'When They Come For Me', 'Wretches and Kings', and the entirety of Hybrid Theory. Will any of those songs weave their way into the setlist? As far as THP songs go, Chester had promised a fan that they'd play 'War' during their European Tour - and since they don't have any time to rehearse between the upcoming shows and the European Tour, they'll likely be playing the same setlists. 'Keys To The Kingdom' and 'A Line In The Sand' are other favorites that fans really want to see live! What songs from The Hunting Party do you want to see live?

This show will also be webcasted! You can tune into the stream via Multishow, and watch all the performing artists as they tear up the stage. This will be the second occassion in Brazil in a row in which one of Linkin Park's shows are webcasted - their show in São Paulo in 2012 was broadcasted, as well. If the band adds any new songs, we'll be watching the debuts of some new The Hunting Party tracks as well as the return of some older ones! For more information on the webcast, click the spoiler button below!

WEBCAST LINK: http://glo.bo/1t1nhCs

Time:

17:50 - Nação Zumbi
19:20 - Titãs
20:50 - Panic! At The Disco
22:30 - Linkin Park
All times are in Brazilian Standard Time (DST). Find out what time the stream will be happening in your country here.
Outside of Brazil? Download this Chrome Extension to view the webcast: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Watch the band's full show at Arena Anhembi in São Paulo in 2012 below! The Brazilian crowds always jam hard at the shows, and this show won't be an exception! The band performed songs such as 'Lies Greed Misery', 'In My Remains', and 'Victimized (w/ QWERTY)' from their 5th album, Living Things at this show. Hopefully a wider selection of songs from The Hunting Party will be added to the set, adding to the 5 already being performed!

Let's not forget the other bands on the tour! There may be a few names unfamiliar to you, so here's an introduction. Nação Zumbi is a Brazilian rock band who combine elements of rock, hip-hop, and rap with Brazilian elements and heavy guitars! Check out their new song, 'Cicatriz' for a taste of their sound! Titãs is another Brazilian-native band, one of the most successful Brazilian rock bands. They combine elements of rock and Brazilian music together, resulting in an interesting sound! Check out their popular song, 'Epitáfio', here. Panic! At The Disco is a band many of you have likely heard of before, but for those who haven't: P!ATD is a three-piece rock band hailing from Las Vegas, Nevada, who are known for their songs such as 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' and 'The Ballad Of Mona Lisa'. Check out their hit from their new album, 'This Is Gospel'. The other half of the festival which will take place in November will feature Kings Of Leon, Paramore, MGMT, Skank, and Pitty.

Who's heading to the show? Are you excited to see Linkin Park and the other bands perform? After this show, the band will perform in Brasilía to end the short excursion in Brazil, then had back to the United States to play two one-off shows: for the 'Stars Of The Season' Gaia and for Guitar Center's 50th Anniversary. After that, the band will begin their European Tour in November with special guests, Of Mice & Men. If you haven't kept up to date with Linkin Park news, here's some news: The band posted the opening credits of Joe's movie, MALL, on their Youtube channel, featuring a demo track entitled 'White Noise'. The band will also be performing at the very first Rock In Rio USA in May 2015. Check back here for updates on the show, or follow us on Twitter for live updates!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Show Page Notes

Date: October 18, 2014

Venue: Esplanada do Mineirão
Festival: Circuito Banco do Brasil
Show #: 1 of 4
Other Bands: Panic! At The Disco, Titas, Nacao Zumbi

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. With You

05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

06. Blackout (Shortened; Instrumental)

07. Papercut (Shortened)

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway (Shortened; 'Wastelands' Transition Outro)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (False Start Only; Aborted)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened; Instrumental)

14. Joe Solo Medley

15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Final Masquerade

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name)

19. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You (2014 Abridged Version)

20. Somewhere I Belong

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

23. Burn It Down (Shortened)

24. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)

25. New Divide (Shortened)

26. Until It's Gone (Shortened; Points Of Authority Rap Intro)

27. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo)

Song Notes:

- Brad was not present at the show.

- 'Castle Of Glass' had to be skipped due to Mike having keyboard issues. The intro samples could be heard right after 'Wastelands' ended. The band went into the Ballad Medley instead.

- Mike's keyboard messed up during 'Final Masquerade'.

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a 'hybrid' verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and a 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name'. After the 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name', he went into the chorus again.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did really Phoenix said tgat they will add also OLD songs? Because it seems unreal that they will change so much the setlist in a short time.

Anyway if they are going to add old ones think they chooses songs reharsed for carnivores tour. Hope for Nms, APFMH or WTCFM

Did really Phoenix said tgat they will add also OLD songs? Because it seems unreal that they will change so much the setlist in a short time.

Anyway if they are going to add old ones think they chooses songs reharsed for carnivores tour. Hope for Nms, APFMH or WTCFM

They'll need to change for Europe and that's basically a warmup

Edited by stich

In Brazil yes. Ever? No. They played 2 world cup stadiums in South Africa in 2012

The first time that LP would play in a World Cup Stadium would be in 2012, but they canceled the show in the Durival de Britto Stadium (which was from the 1950 World Cup :P)

Didn't they play a soccer stadium in Poland? And another one in 2012 too in Europe? Or is that not the same thing? Sorry, I don't know anything about the world cup but I do know the LP venues, lol.

Yes they played on a "soccer" (Football) stadium in Poland 2012, actually every show in Poland was on a football stadium. I think they played much shows on such stadiums, especially in Europe.

World Cup 1994 stadiums:

Giants Stadium - The band played there in 2003 and in its parking lot in 2007 - Bamboozle Festival.

Pontiac Silverdome - 2003.

Citrus Bowl - 2003.

Gillette Stadium (Foxboro Stadium until 2002) - 2003.

LP played in 4 of 9 stadiums that used in the 1994 World Cup in the US in the same tour.

Edit:

Also, the show in Malaysia last year was in the 4th biggest soccer stadium in the world.

Didn't they play a soccer stadium in Poland? And another one in 2012 too in Europe? Or is that not the same thing? Sorry, I don't know anything about the world cup but I do know the LP venues, lol.

World Cup is the most important soccer competition.
Yeah, LP played in many different stadiums during their carrer, including in Brazil in 2004, but it's like Skipees said, the first time at World Cup stadium was in the USA in 2003, then in 2012 in South Africa and now in Belo Horizonte and Brasilia.
Poland never hosted a World Cup.

Honestly, not to be a downer or anything, but I don't really care if they play old songs. I just want to hear songs from THP. I would love to hear stuff like War, A Line In The Sand and All For Nothing during a show. Keys To The Kingdom for sure, the most out of any. I know that a lot of people only want to hear the old stuff, but I feel like they've added tons of stuff from past albums in the new set so a few new songs shouldn't be a big deal!

According to the chat summary, Phoenix didn't really say they're going to add new songs to the set, just that adding new songs is fun for the band in general. Did he say something about adding new songs to the set that wasn't included in the summary?

From what I gather from the transcript, he never really said they were adding new songs for Brazil and/or Europe. They should, though. I mean cmon. Basically every song on THP would translate well live IMO and honestly, I think the crowd might actually enjoy some of the songs, even if they don't know the words. I never understood that though, either, because when I see bands play live that I'm not too familiar with, that is how I discover songs I like by them. I'll remember the melody or a lyric and go home and google it, find out the song, and download it for my library. It doesn't always have to be songs everyone knows.