"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

Submit some via this thread :P This can be the thread for that.

5. At a live show in Tuscan, Arizona in 2003, Brad and Joe swapped instruments to play the song "A.06". There is a picture of the incident in the "From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora" book.

Need to be changed from TuscAn to TuscOn :P

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a few interesting facts!

1. The band offered free tickets for soldiers and families of soldiers participating in March-April war in Iraq on the Projekt Revolution tour in 2003.

"We need to give something to people who make personal sacrifices for our country. It is therefore postponed tickets in every city we play in so far as to invite military personnel and their families to be able to see our shows for free. Our hope is that in these difficult and challenging times, these guys could find some fun and games "- Brad Delson

2. At the song P5hng Me A*wy from the album Reanimation around 0:42 - 1:00, after turning the sound, Mike sings:

"Everything has to end, you'll soon find we're out of time left, then watch it all unwind

Everything falls apart, even the people who never frown, Eventually break down "x2

3. On the Esaul video, which is on DVD Frat Party At The Pankake Festival, Chester does not have flames tattooed on his hands.

4. Team members agree that, peer2peer network and the Internet as a whole made ​​a significant contribution to the initial popularity of Linkin Park. Because they enabled access to music by a band much wider audience and to do so in an accessible to all interested parties a way.

5. Song No More Sorrow from the album Minutes to Midnight contains part of the original guitar track recorded at The Little Things Give You Away from the same disc. This amendment was proposed by album producer Rick Rubin during the recording disc.

6. Nobody's Listening was the last song recorded for the album Meteora (Street Team members receive promotional discs without this piece.) It was already completed during the mixing entirely in the studio. Then Chester, due to the earlier illness, was then forced to play his vocals.

7. The song "Standing in the Middle", featuring Motion Man (with CD LPU 4.0), was recorded in 2001 as a preparation for the song "Enth E Nd" from the album Reanimation.

8. In the track "The Messenger' for the first time in Linkin Park discography, the band used the word "Love".

I hope that there were no replays: D

Edited by gottsu

6. Nobody's Listening was the last song recorded for the album Meteora (Street Team members receive promotional discs without this piece.) It was already completed during the mixing entirely in the studio. Then Chester, due to the earlier illness, was then forced to play his vocals.

Wait, I thought Hit the Floor was the last one in, I read it here in another fact, lol.

5. Song No More Sorrow from the album Minutes to Midnight contains part of the original guitar track recorded at The Little Things Give You Away from the same disc. This amendment was proposed by album producer Rick Rubin during the recording disc.

8. In the track "The Messenger' for the first time in Linkin Park discography, the band used the word "Love".

Sorry But these arnt entirely facts if there not entirely true :P

5. The guitar part for no more sorrow wasnt actually a part of the TLTGYA song at all. Rick Ruban actually said to Brad that he thinks he should use the Ebow on the solo for TLTGYA. Brad didnt feel like it worked so then went and worked on a song Ebow Idea, that later turned into what we now know as NMS.

8. Thats incorrect. Points of Authority is the first song that love was used on. Chester actually said The Messenger in an interview but was incorrect.

Hope that clears up things a little.

Heres a few of my own.

- Mike is known to own more guitars then Brad.

- Brad Delson's Red Custom 24 Paul Reed Smith is one of the only ones ever made without the PRS logo on the headstock.

- Due to Licensing restrictions. Wisdom Justice and Love can no longer be distributed though Linkin Park's DSP's.

- All of the footage shown on the screens behind the band during the Live Performance have been made by a company called 'Ghost Town Media'.

- It is known that the band loves their video games. Halo is one of their favourites.

- Brad Delson is the only member on stage that doesnt use the In Ear Monitoring system. Instead he wears heavy duty headphones to protect his really sensitive hearing.

- Linkin Park have contributed music to so far all three of the Transformer movies. One song which was made JUST FOR THE MOVIE!

Edited by Pez

8. Thats incorrect. In Pieces is the first song that love was used on. Chester actually said The Messenger in an interview but was incorrect.

You are also wrong, Points of Authority was "You love the way I look at you"

You are also wrong, Points of Authority was "You love the way I look at you"

I was actually in the process of editing that exact thing, but then I decided to add a few facts myself. Thats why I took so long correcting myself. haha. Thanks anyway.

Facts I've nicked from the special edition liner notes of Meteora and MTM-

• "Foreword" was actually recorded after everything else on Meteora.
  • Chester wrote the lyrics for "Easier to Run" before any of the music was created.
  • Though the final recording of Faint is 135bpm, the original demo was only at 70bpm.
  • "Session" took more than a year to finish.
  • "Numb" was written only one week before the band entered the studio to record.
  • The demo for "Hands Held High" was called "Song Q", and was the only song that Brad concieved that ended up on the album.
  • "Valentine's Day" was recorded in the studio owned by Korn.

in the interesting fact of the first use of the word "Love " is that the word is used literally. And not out of context as in the POA, " you love the way ..."

Edited by gottsu

Thanks you guys. New facts added today:

When A Thousand Suns was released, Chester said that 'The Messenger' was the first LP song to use the word "love". Actually, 'And One', 'Points Of Authority', and 'In Pieces' all use it!

In December of 2010, Linkin Park brought up the same fan (Pez) at two different Australian shows to play 'Faint' on guitar: Newcastle and Sydney night 2. He's the first fan to play on stage twice!

The Minutes to Midnight touring cycle began and ended with 'One Step Closer' (Berlin 2007 and Pomona 2009).

The power went out mid-song on 'Breaking The Habit' at Pomona 2009. The band continued playing and the crowd sang in the place of Chester, but the problem caused the DSP for the show to be lost!

Linkin Park played their first shows in Israel and Abu Dhabi in November 2010.

The band has canceled three shows in Sweden over the years - in 2011 (9/11), in 2003 (Chester was sick) and in 2008 (Brad had an ear infection).

LP offered free tickets to the soldiers and families of active military personnel during the Projekt Revolution 2003 Tour.

Mike Shinoda is known to own more guitars (even a Hello Kitty one!) than Brad Delson!

Brad Delson's Red Custom 24 Paul Reed Smith guitar is one of the only ones ever made without the PRS logo on the headstock.

Due to licensing restrictions, the song 'Wisdom, Justice, & Love' can no longer be distributed though Linkin Park's DSP's. The last DSP to feature it was Tampa 2011.

On the A Thousand Suns World Tour, all of the footage shown on the screens behind the band during the show was made by a company called 'Ghost Town Media'.

Brad Delson is the only member on stage that doesn't use the in ear monitoring system. Instead, he wears heavy duty headphones to protect his sensitive hearing.

Linkin Park has contributed music to all three Transformers movies so far. One song was made specifically FOR the movie - 'New Divide'! 'What I've Done' was in the first movie and 'Iridescent' was in the third.

'Foreword' was the very last thing contributed musically to Meteora.

Chester wrote the lyrics to 'Easier To Run' before any of the music was created.

Though the final recording of 'Faint' is 135bpm, the original demo was only at 70bpm!

'Session' took over a full year to finish!

The demo for 'Hands Held High' was initially called 'Song Q', and was the only song that Brad concieved that ended up on the album.

In 2011, Linkin Park took their Projekt Revolution Tour back to Europe for the second time (2008 was the first). However, the USA didn't get a Projekt Revolution for the first time on a touring cycle!

Linkin Park performed at both the Transformers 2 premiere (Los Angeles in 2009) and the Transformers 3 premiere (Moscow in 2011)!

2011 is the first year that the band has released European festival shows as DSP's. From 2007 to 2010, they have never released any European festival shows!

A November 2006 issue of Rolling Stone magazine first revealed the working title of 'Bleed It Out', entitled 'Accident'.

'H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called "All For One" by the group Brand Nubian. The members of the group are credited in the liner notes of the album.

Linkin Park was forced to cancel five shows on their North American Tour in 2011 due to Chester being sick. Two of them were rescheduled for the end of the tour - Dallas and Houston.

The North American Tour in 2011 made it the third consecutive tour in the winter to have shows canceled in the USA due to Chester being sick - 2004, 2008 and 2011.

Edited the fact about the South American shows. 99 was replaced.

The band has canceled three shows in Sweden over the years - in 2011 (9/11), in 2003 (Chester was sick) and in 2008 (Brad had an ear infection).

First that should be 2001 (I don't know you copied & pasted from actual thing or if it's correct there), and second, the attacks hadn't yet happened for the 2001 show. The live guide says Stockholm was scheduled for the 9th. They were in Hamburg on the 11th. Edited by stl22

I thought I posted this before somewhere...oh well.

The Minutes to Midnight touring cycle began and ended with One Step Closer.

now that you mention it, i remember that, but i would have never thought of that on my own, cause it seems like an insignificant fact but its a cool fact

An interesting fact to add about the israel show: It took 2 years of negotiations to get LP in Israel

thats what the promotor shuki weiss wrote on his website:

לאחר משא ומתן בן שנתיים וביקוש גדול של קהל המעריצים הישראלי העצום, נחתם ההסכם בערב

"After 2 years of negotiations and big demand from the israeli fans, we reached to an agreement tonight"

Edited by Tomer

Oh wow. Thanks. I'll definitely add that one.

That's crazy that it takes so long to bring LP somewhere when a promoter like MLK just says "we need you here __________" and LP makes it happen lol

Haha ironically MLK was co-promotor for the Tel aviv show :D