Random news/info thread.

LESTAT

Awesome. I remember the rumor going around that Chester had been replaced with Steven Tyler, I'm glad that is not true. I have come to appreciate STP a lot. High Rise is great. I can't wait to see what they release next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Video from the same day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEzv38kDJDc

http://the-jack-music.com/artist/stone_temple_pilots.html

Descriptions of what seem like a two different sources for STP's Loud Park show. The "Down On The Park" source is a new one for us. You can download a sample of it.

So far we weren't able to get our hands on either of them.

• 2 months later...

@scottweilandSTP account was removed from Twitter and it looks the new one was created - @thescottweiland.
I guess, someone's losing the legal battle.

Self-Titlied album is also gone from Spotify. Maybe it means nothing - gonna wait and see if it will return.

@scottweilandSTP account was removed from Twitter and it looks the new one was created - @thescottweiland.

I guess, someone's losing the legal battle.

Self-Titlied album is also gone from Spotify. Maybe it means nothing - gonna wait and see if it will return.

Isn't it weird that STPWCB won't play any songs from the self titled album?

I think that is only because it was the first album released in like 10 years by STP. It's probably in a different class of STP jams in Chester's mind/the band's mind. I think a lot of that album was recorded separately, like the band finished the music then sent it to Scott for vocals. I don't think they LOVED that album. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means but that is the overall impression that I got by that album. I saw some negative stuff said by Robert and Dean regarding that CD.

I would love to see Between The Lines sung by Chester but I don't think it will happen, and that's fine with me.

I think that is only because it was the first album released in like 10 years by STP. It's probably in a different class of STP jams in Chester's mind/the band's mind. I think a lot of that album was recorded separately, like the band finished the music then sent it to Scott for vocals. I don't think they LOVED that album. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means but that is the overall impression that I got by that album. I saw some negative stuff said by Robert and Dean regarding that CD.

I would love to see Between The Lines sung by Chester but I don't think it will happen, and that's fine with me.

High Rise is much better.

Edited by Geki

I don't think it was their best album by any means but my favorite STP song is on that album, ''Cinnamon''. I know it's poppy and unlike STP but that song is just so good. I wonder if Chester could pull it off because Scott's performance on that is really good IMO.

I think Chester could pull it off easily, the song doesn't seem to be hard to sing, especially for Chester.

Chester writing new material with STP again:

https://twitter.com/STPRobertDeLeo/status/553763934738477058

Awesome!!! ''New STP starting Monday''. I wonder if they will debut a new single or something on Monday??! Pretty awesome. Also, it looks like Chester is not wearing his plugs for his ears, I wonder if he finally retired them?

Edited by Geki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guitarist Dean DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz of Stone Temple Pilots checked in with Jonathan Clarke to talk about their recent EP, High Rise, and having Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) as their new lead singer and the release of their first full album with him later this year.

http://www.q1043.com/onair/jonathan-jc-clarke-1368/listen-stone-temple-pilots-talk-new-13279001

• 1 month later...