Mike's VMA Tracks

Mycophycophyta

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why won't these open? I am using Adobe Audition (the only program I have to listen to tunes)

there also appears to be some kind of copy protection/encoding on these songs that prevents them from being opened in an audio editor

I have no idea what the deal is. Nkramar opened them just fine in Audition, yet they don't work for you, and I can't open them either (I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0, which was the precursor to Adobe Auditon). There's some kind of compatibility problem going on...had that issue with a few other files in Cool Edit from time to time as well.

I THINK it may have something to do with the album artwork being embedded in the mp3 file? I don't have any ID tagging software to remove it though, so I can't check.

A bit of interesting info, courtesy of my younger brother...I was playing these tracks for him, and he happens to be a huge Rob & Big fan. He swears that at least a couple of these instrumentals have been used in the show (he specifically recognized Saturday and Hype). I know Mike and Rob Dyrdek are good friends and Lying From You was on the soundtrack for Street Dreams, but I never knew about any of Mike's instrumentals being used in the TV series.

I have no idea what the deal is. Nkramar opened them just fine in Audition, yet they don't work for you, and I can't open them either (I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0, which was the precursor to Adobe Auditon). There's some kind of compatibility problem going on...had that issue with a few other files in Cool Edit from time to time as well.

I THINK it may have something to do with the album artwork being embedded in the mp3 file? I don't have any ID tagging software to remove it though, so I can't check.

Damn that sucks, I don't have Itunes or any kind of other media player ha.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPD85IEI

Maybe someone could remove the album art through iTunes and then reupload the set?

I could try to do that...might take a bit though.

That worked, thanks! Seems like each file decreased in size by about 300 kb, I'm guessing that's the end result of removing the artwork...hopefully iTunes didn't transcode anything, haha.

• 2 years later...

http://soundcloud.com/mike-shinoda

page 3 of mike's account

get firefox, install download helper and you can download the tracks of soundcloud

thank you for your answer he upload them all exept the third track... (the one i want)

01. Hive

02. Teletronic

04. Catharsis

05. Saturday

06. Montreal

07. Selector

08. A.15

09. Hype

10. Madison

two more things:

the "mikeshinoda.com" version and "mtv score" version are excatly the SAME? (exept the third track of course)

mike created them all or some of them created by lil' jon? if so which ones?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck kid, we talked to Mike about it a couple years ago and the track just isn't there.

They're exactly the same.

ok cutie.. to avoid confusion with others there are 2 versions:

one with 9 tracks

one with 5 tracks

Edited by Skipees

Did you seriously just call me cutie?

The two versions are the same, one just has less tracks.

older then you but you call me kid..

NOT the same:

less tracks & short versions.

Edited by Skipees