The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Time for some words and that will be the last I say of it.

I have grown up but it seems like they won't evolve with me. As I discovered new music with heart and soul(we'll be burning inside the fire of a thousand suns is NOT deep).

While the CORRECT lyric "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?" might not be the deepest thing I have ever read, it is a whole lot deeper than "Everything you say to me sends me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break". There is nothing to think about with that lyric. It is just all out on the table. Nothing to chew on. Linkin Park HAVE grown and evolved since HT and Meteora. And anyone who says they haven't just wants to start drama in an LP Fan Forum.

If I picked up an acoustic guitar and covered "The Catalyst" nothing would reach out to you because there's nothing there. Buried underneath these walls of sound and noise there's nothing, there's no heart, no soul, nothing being poured into the music, it's just sound.

That's great. And even if you can play acoustic guitar, it is already clear that you do not like "The Catalyst". For example, if I learned how to play "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift (A song I hate) on the guitar and played it to a Taylor Swift fan, they would love it. However, I would feel nothing because that is just not my kind of music. You don't feel any heart or soul from "The Catalyst" because you obviously do not like the song. The "walls of sound and noise" that you hate so much, is Linkin Park trying to experiment and branch out from the "Nu-Metal" tag that they have hated for so long.

Regardless, yuo guays makeang fun o f me becuase fo the way i splel shwos a distinact lckac off argumeant on ur part.

We are making fun of you because your making yourself look like someone who dropped out of school in the 2nd grade (maybe 1st). In order to make a valid argument and have people take you seriously, you need to spell check yourself so you at least look somewhat educated. However, we cannot force you to do this, so you decide on how you want us to see you as from now on.

I'm not saying the band hasn't matured, but can we stop throwing around that word? It's just getting a bit tiring. It sounds like it implies the band was never mature before which is just false.

I don't think LP has any emo songs. Maybe Valentine's Day was the closest it ever got to sounding emo.

I'm not saying they weren't mature before, but stating that they are more mature now. "Breaking the Habit" is a very mature and deep song. So is "Pushing Me Away". "Emo" by definition, however, is "a style of rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics". You cannot make me believe that nearly all of Hybrid Theory and Meteora doesn't fall into the category. MTM was better in pulling away from that demographic and LP started talking about the world and not just them. And lot of people, myself included, view this as maturing.

LPFreak64 - your interpretation of 'The Catalyst' was AWESOME. Please post a review/interpretations of the songs from ATS when it comes out!

I probably will. Thanks for reading!

Edited by LPFreak64