Post Traumatic Album Release Day

RogueSoul

Keep in mind that Mike making his own music even back last year before Chester died is 100% irrelevant because Mike has been making his own music as far back as 2003/2004 on the tour bus during Meteora. Chester made his own music as well. Linkin Park was still in top form and was going to continue to be for years to come, it wasn't like Mike was going to put Linkin Park on hiatus or anything close to that. Mike even said that this was never his plan but due to Chester's passing and the uncertainty of the future from that he decided to put out this album. You don't just simply continue right away when the absolute legend such as Chester fucking Bennington passes. Mike even said that right before Chester passed they were having talks about the future and future tours and albums and Chester was so excited, etc. Just wanted to add that here.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I agree huge. Not a hiatus or even a break or anything. The way he described it made it sound like he would put out a few songs like Welcome while LP was still rolling 100%. No impact to LP. Chester etc told him to do it. I assume at least 1-2 of these songs are from that.

Just like Mike would be totally ok with Chester doing those DBS popup LA warehouse shows last fall.

Damn they had so much stuff they were still going to do.

I'm not a big fan of such electro hop.

I'll give this album 4/5

the best tracks for me at this moment is - "Place To Start", "Brooding (Instrumental)". "I.O.U."

you know, when One More Light came out, at first it seemed very positive to me, and only then, after Chester's death, the depressive note of the album reached me,

now, I was waiting for a depressive album from Mike, but it turned out very well.

Edited by FLAME-XIII

Place To Start - 8/10

Over Again - 7.5/10

Watching As I Fall - 7/10

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore - 7/10

About You - 6.5/10

Brooding - 5/10

Promises I Can't Keep - 6.5/10

Crossing A Line - 7/10

Hold It Together - 8.5/10

Ghosts - 8/10

Make It Up As I Go - 9.5/10

Lift Off - 7/10

I.O.U. - 6.5/10

Running From My Shadow - 10/10

World's On Fire - 7.5/10

Can't Hear You Now - 7/10

Edited by HybridParty

Loved reading everyone's analyses - very thorough and insightful. I'll keep mine short.

I've listened about 3 times through and this album is everything I thought it would be. It's raw, passionate, and damn if it isn't Mike Shinoda. Each listen I seemed to have found a different favorite song, but top three I would say would be Over Again, Ghosts, and Promises I Can't Keep. If you asked me again after another listen I would probably name 3 different songs.

As much as I wish everyday that this album never had to have been made, I am thankful that Mike brought us along through his journey and allowed us to heal with him.

Okay, so the picture of Mike and MGK made me think. It was shot in Berlin on an offday according to MGK and he claims to have wrote his verse there. When was Mike in Berlin with MGK?? Only thing I can think off was last year during the OML tour, right?

Also in the annotations for I.O.U. Mike makes it sound like the track was also complete before Chester passed. And if I recall correctly there was an interview with Mike from when CAL was released where he states that had been thinking of going solo before Chester passed. Add those facts with the cool Fort Minor shirts Mike wore during the OML tour and I think its safe to say that Mike was well on its way to making a new Fort Minor record. With Lift Off and I.O.U. as demos. Ofcourse everything changed after july 20.

But to me it seems that the foundations of PT were already laid more than a year ago as a potential Fort Minor album. I think thats more than logical coming from a guy that always writes. And I dont blame him, but for me it does take something away from Post Traumatic as an album about coping with the loss of a dear friend. Like, couldnt he have saved those tracks for later and instead release a 12 or 10 track record? I think I would have prefered that TBH.

I wanna state again that I dont blame Mike. And maybe my theory doesnt even add up.

But what are your thoughts?

While I agree that Lift Off and I.O.U. may well have been written and completed before Chester passed away, I don't think it takes away from PT to include them on the album.

I say that for a couple reasons.

One reason is that Mike has explicitly said more than once that Post Traumatic is not a tribute album and that not every song is related to Chester. If your opinion is that the album SHOULD have been that way, then that's different. He didn't mislead anyone with the intent of the album, though.

Also, I've listened to the album a few times all the way through beginning to end. Those 2 songs in there definitely serve as kind of a break for the listener. A little levity on an album that takes on very complex and heavy emotions. I don't think that's a bad thing, and again I don't feel that it took away from the impact of the album overall.

Mike said I.O.U. was going to be a Fort Minor song but he decided to put it on Post Traumatic because according to him, once his friends heard him talking shit on a track, they knew he was on his way to becoming whole again. Genius has the quote. We knew that Mike revived Fort Minor in 2015 obviously because of Welcome and some shows, so it's not a surprise that he would make some songs once more for it in the future. He probably did write about it around the time of the European tour last June/July with LP, but what does it have to do with anything? Not every song on the album had to directly be about Chester. I actually don't think a large portion of the songs in fact are. I think Over Again and Promises I Can't Keep directly deal with the pain Mike experienced from losing Chester, and possible Can't Hear You Now, but the rest of the songs are really about Mike's own individual issues after coming out of the tragedy, and some are just Mike being badass like I.O.U. or his verse in Lift Off, etc. The album has a wide variety of topics but it all deals with grief, that doesn't mean the songs have to directly be about Chester. And I'm sure that in the future Mike might write some songs about Chester too, it doesn't have to be this thing that is tackled all at once and that's it, you know?

M.G.K. also said that he recorded his verse quickly during an ''off day'' in Berlin last year. Could have also been during the June/July European tour for LP. The fact that he said off day makes me think it was. Like I said, Mike has been making his own stuff since like 2003, but it never got in the way of Linkin Park or anything, just like Chester's stuff didn't either. Linkin Park was it's own machine and Mike and Chester were both 100% committed to it before anything else. Chester asked the band if they cared that he was going to put out an album with Dead By Sunrise, and he said if they didn't want him to, he wouldn't have done it, same with STP. Mike also asked the band about his solo stuff, etc. So yeah. I remember an interview from July 2015 when the band was doing press in China and Chester was like ''Mike writes music all the time, he was even writing music on the plane over here'' and then Mike played a little clip of something sounding like Bruiser, anyone remember that? Chester used to say he would record song ideas into his phone, etc. Chester also said around May of last year that he wrote about 5 songs on his own and he wasn't sure if they'd ever come out. Mike and Chester always just write music, I think most musicians in bands do, it doesn't always have to be for the band.

I don't think Lift Off serves as a break, I think it fits really nicely with the album. It's still a pretty dark track, I think Mike's verse is the most upbeat of the entire song. The chorus from Chino and M.G.K.'s verse are a little dark. I.O.U. is just Mike straight up being gangster and it's a nice touch, it's badass.

I used the word "break" because Mike used it in the iHeartRadio podcast. he said those songs serve as little breaks from everything that was happening in his life over the past year.

That being said I definitely agree that it matches the overall flow and vibe of the album.

I think the first verse of Can't Hear You Now is a deliberate callback to some of the lyrics and feelings expressed on Place to Start (and the original EP in general). It rounds out the album in a really cool full circle sort of way.

Also I definitely feel the same way as you when you say that any sort of FM or DBD activity would have had no impact on LP. All of that would have happened in the midst of everything LP had going. Also I'm willing to bet that whoever said Mike did an interview and said he was thinking of "going solo" probably misinterpreted what he meant. He may have said he was going to release some solo stuff, but he wasn't going to leave LP.

Edited by Justin

In the case of I.O.U., think of it in the context of the grieving process. The second half of the record is all about looking forward and trying to come to acceptance rather than sticking in the past. At that point of the process, you'll want to be looking at other things that you enjoy doing or are fun - in this case, Mark going hard on a dope beat - as you begin to think of things beyond tragedy.

Musicians write music to write. It doesn't necessarily need to be assigned to a project or be set in stone that you'll one day release it. I know I have dozens of lyrics and melodies written down and in my head that don't have a "place" yet, but maybe they will one day. It's not a linear process (sort of like grieving, huh?). I don't think the fact that some of the songs were originally meant for other projects (Place To Start, Make It Up As I Go for One More Light, and I.O.U. and possibly others for Fort Minor) takes away from the message of Post Traumatic. You can even look at it from the angle that Mike's taking the good stuff/memories from the past to do something constructive for the present and future.

As long as it comes from his heart, all it can do is really strengthen the message.

In the case of I.O.U., think of it in the context of the grieving process. The second half of the record is all about looking forward and trying to come to acceptance rather than sticking in the past. At that point of the process, you'll want to be looking at other things that you enjoy doing or are fun - in this case, Mark going hard on a dope beat - as you begin to think of things beyond tragedy.

Musicians write music to write. It doesn't necessarily need to be assigned to a project or be set in stone that you'll one day release it. I know I have dozens of lyrics and melodies written down and in my head that don't have a "place" yet, but maybe they will one day. It's not a linear process (sort of like grieving, huh?). I don't think the fact that some of the songs were originally meant for other projects (Place To Start, Make It Up As I Go for One More Light, and I.O.U. and possibly others for Fort Minor) takes away from the message of Post Traumatic. You can even look at it from the angle that Mike's taking the good stuff/memories from the past to do something constructive for the present and future.

As long as it comes from his heart, all it can do is really strengthen the message.

Epic post. You explained it perfectly.

Where is the quote from Mike about Make It Up As I Go being from OML? I know that I read it somewhere. It wasn't just the Brad Delson credit that gave it away, plus the fact that we know K.Flay worked with Mike in 2016/2017 anyways. I know Mike talked about it before the album dropped somewhere.

Does anyone think that the volume of the album is low? Sounds kind of quiet compared to other albums, even by LP and FM, etc. Some tracks are mixed louder than others.

Edited by Geki

why there is no Parental Advisory Label on CD ?

Because it's 2018. We have a president in the U.S. who talks about grabbing women by the p**sy.

I think my favorite songs on the album are by far Hold It Together and Can't Hear You Now. I loved both of those upon very first listen and Hold It Together is going to be a song that I will probably play for years to come. Love the melodies and lyrics and the chorus kicks ass. Can't Hear You Now, once again, love the melody and lyrics, but I think it has possibly the strongest lyrics on the album, especially the pre-chorus and chorus, wow. I love the effect used on Mike's voice during the chorus, too. Solid A+ songs to me. I've also become very fond of Brooding again, I love it. Very moody.

Edited by Geki

So, I have been listening the full album a couple of times. Right now I can say that I like 12 songs with distinction on "Promises I Can't Keep". I really like the music production on this album. What I'm missing in this album are transitions to some songs. The ending of About You is like it was cut and so left. I'm also hearing that some songs are louder than others, for example WAIF is definitely louder than RFMS.

If it's about the booklet, kind of disappointed. I like the graphics and the whole art in general, but besides one page (credits) I already have seen the whole booklet, which was shared in various places and by Mike himself, so I didn't go "wow" while looking at this booklet like I did with THP, plus it's really short.

PT booklet:

standard - 10 pages (no lyrics)
deluxe - 36 pages (no lyrics, some notes)

why there is no Parental Advisory Label on CD ?

I'm pretty sure some countries will get a PA sticker, just like it was with THP.

After listening to the album a few times now. Here´s my review:

Also track-by-track review:

1. A Place to Start - Short but great opener. Only 6 points because I wouldn't listen to it without hearing the whole album. (Mike told in one of his interview´s he thought of putting it on OML as opener...) 6/10
  2. Over Again - Really special track, recorded before and after Hollywood Bowl show! Rough and intense lyrics! As I first heard it I had goosebumps all over. 9.5/10
  3. Watching As I Fall - Mad Mike is what I call this one! Love the unique in comparison to the rest of the album. 8/10
  4. Nothing Makes Sense Anymore - This song is really underrated to the rest of the songs that got released before. Great music video! In my opinion the "darkest" song on the album (maybe Mike doesn´t want so much attention to this one) 7/10
  5. About You - One of the "weaker". Mike's rapping is good I like the ending but blackbears apperance is not needed and pretty weak in my opinion. 6/10
  6. Brooding - Great instrumental. Mike always does them well every time. Same as A Place to Start... only 6 points because I wouldn't listen to it without hearing the whole album. 6/10
  7. Promises I Can't Keep - I love Mike's singing voice like he is here! Could be easily on a Linkin Park album as said above and lyrics to sing along! 9/10
  8. Crossing a Line - The beginning of the song does not pick me up but how longer it goes the better it gets. I like this song way more live than on the album tbh! 7/10
  9. Hold It Together - This is also on my top 3 of this album! Really catchy to sing along! I hope there´s a live debut for this one soon! 10/10
  10. Ghosts - This song also stands out a bit from the rest. Really cute video that put a smile on my face the whole releaseday! 8/10
  11. Make It Up As I Go - I like K.flay´s unique voice. Mike rapping good as always. Good collab not more. Yes, radio song. 7/10
  12. Lift Off - I thought as I first heard that MGK "AND" Chino collabs here that this one would be on my top 3. But nope. Little disappointed, but still good. 7/10
  13. I.O.U. - Mad Mike again. But I need to say I like "Watching As I Fall" more. Sorry. 7/10
  14. Running from My Shadow - This flow is one of his best he´s ever did. Almost like his legend track "Remember the Name". The best collab on the album in my opinion with grandson! (They should do more in future!) GUITARRRZ! 9.5/10.
  15. World's On Fire - Again need to say. I love his singing voice! Good song. 8.5/10
  16. Can't Here You Now - YES, singing and rapping! Good beats, good flow. Uplifting. Great way to end this album. 9/10

It´s a special album. Not just music more about the person Mike and his story the past year. Lyrics and the journey from dark to light. That just deserve´s 10/10.

Who would imagine after july last year that Mike would drop this one in less than a year...
I try to rate my top 3 song´s here but that still changes:
Hold It Together
Over Again
Running from My Shadow

I can´t give this an overall rating it´s to special and specific. But I would be around 8.5-9.5/10
Thank you Mike, we are all proud of you!

The album is charting extremely well around the world, especially for a debut effort: No. 2 in Germany, No. 20 in the UK, it's probably going to enter at No. 16 in the U.S (according to HDD, the official Billboard chart should be posted on Tuesday), etc.

I can't state enough how much I love Lift Off.

The vibe is so soothing, with Chino's amazing vocals. Great words from Mike and MGK as well. It's the big standout track for me. The other tracks are cool to. But I do feel like they sorta sound the same sonically, which might be a problem after listening too much. I know they are different, but thats how I feel about it.

Also hope that Mike is gonna take more risks in the future with the song structures. At times its all a bit formulatic. I hope he finds his inner Justin Vernon :P

Still a great album. And did mention I love Lift Off?!

I haven't seen this post before but I totally agree. "Lift Off" is my standout track alongside "Make It Up As I Go". I spend so many great moments already bopping my head along to the latter and drifting off into amazing moments of content and thinking with the former. Chino and the whole collection of different synths and sounds make "Lift Off" just hauntingly beautiful. Also, I can totally relate to the last part of MGK's verse.

I also agree with the formulaic part of the post. Some songs got my confused with other older songs at first. But this is ok considering the situation behind the album.

It's a really good album, though it could have been shorter. Still, a lot of standout tracks are to be found here. I also enjoy the overall flow of the album and the delivery by Mike. Looking back, it will be an album I will cherish for its own meaning to me at these times.

It's a really good album, though it could have been shorter.

What songs would you have cut to make it like a stereotypical 12 song album or whatever? I'd probably cut World's on Fire, Place To Start, Ghosts and Brooding.

Not necessarily 12 tracks. Less songs don't have to be a bad thing, though. I could honestly live without the last two songs and maybe "Watching As I Fall". But everyone has their favorites, so every song on there has its own justification.

Finally my album review. First of all, let me say I am SO GLAD I waited to hear Ghosts and Running From My Shadow. I am inherently a little old school and I truly hate all the pre-release/instant grat tracks that artists do these days. Mike isn't a rare case, he is just going with the trend in the industry. It's fine, it keeps the hype for the album going and people LOVE it. It also works well if he's debuting songs gradually over time before the album release and he drops those studio versions. That is almost exactly what happened here with About You, Ghosts, and Running From My Shadow.

The first three songs are just SO impactful to so many people, including me. The release of those three songs like really shook things up for me because of how emotional they were. In January I was probably doing the worst overall in the journey from July until now. I thought I was going to hit rock bottom in January... each month was a little worse than the previous one from July to August to September to October (the show was a great time but I had to get out of LA immediately the next day... really in a bad place mentally/emotionally). No one asked for any of this to happen to us (Mike either, obviously) and the impact that those first three songs had is immeasurable. They were raw as fuck, really well concocted (hell, Over Again went #1 in the charts), and emotional as it gets. I connect with those three so much and I might even say no release of music has ever affected me as much as the Post Traumatic EP. Coming from someone who truly listens to music to rock out, etc.... that EP is the first piece of musical work that I connect to emotionally so much and that has truly helped me in a bad place.

I absolutely love Place To Start, Over Again, and Watching As I Fall. Over Again might be my favorite song Mike has ever written and I've easily listened to it hundreds of times over the course of six months.

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore has a Thrice Alchemy Index vibe to it, I like it a lot. Dustin Kensrue, the singer of that band, wrote songs like this for the second half of that album. The music for that one might be the best one Mike has released for PT too.

About You has both my favorite instrumental and my favorite rap verses on the album. Mike goes so hard, I love the aggressive style he has and he blows up on it live. It is such a shame Blackbear is on this one because the song completely tanks after the second verse and is almost unlistenable. Another chorus, verse, Mike breakdown bridge, and final chorus would be about 60x better. Blackbear takes away from the song huge for me but I still am a huge fan of the first half. Verse two COULD be my favorite verse on the album (hard to beat Over Again though).

Brooding is cool. I am surprised it isn't in the live show yet too to open the encore or something. The second half reminds me of Space Station 2.0.

Promises is where we see some great Mike production and you realize after About You that Mike has greatly evolved in his production capabilities. Shoutout to that little sample that sounds like Joe scratching, that might be Mike scratching a vinyl right there. Cool track.

Crossing A Line is my least favorite song on the release, which is funny because I really dislike lead singles MOST of the time anyway. It just doesn't fit the vibes of the album to me and I am blown away they chose that as the lead single instead of literally anything else, especially Ghosts. CAL doesn't do much for me but I don't HATE it. It's a skippable track though. The lyrics actually aren't bad, it's just the instrumental and delivery.

Hold It Together is another one you can connect to really well. The first verse is almost all of us in July and August. Darren from Mutemath sounds great on it too. At first I didn't like the chorus on it but I grew to like it a lot. The "struggling" line is sung nicely. This seems like an easy one to play live.

Ghosts! The first time I heard this one was in context with the rest of the album. HOW was this not the lead single? Catchy as hell and a super fun instrumental. It delivered live, and everyone already knows it. I love the semi-fast delivery and the breakdown before the chorus. This is one where Mike can showcase his singing skills as a frontman and he does a good job with that.

On Make It Up As I Go, it's hard to deal with K.Flay's voice immediately. It's just so radically different than anyone we've heard guest with them, lol. This song sounds like it came RIGHT from the Linkin Park vault, which it really did as it was for One More Light. In the Apple Store interview, Mike said he had to re record this one a LOT to get the verses right. The reason it wasn't on OML is because the chorus was there but he told Brad in order to fix the song up to standards for the OML album, it would take too long and would run into the album's deadline. Basically the WBR deadline is what caused this one to not be on the album. HOLY production after the second chorus - I LOVE that drop. And live it fucking explodes with the lights. And you've got this organ sound on the bridge too... all in all Mike really delivered a great one here. This one could easily be a single too. Catchy as hell.

I blew up when I heard Lift Off. That VERSE deserves its own thread on LPLive and praise for decades. Mike delivers HARD right there. It sounds like some damn 1999 Mike Shinoda shit. I'm not even sure I heard this delivery and swagger-style on any Fort Minor song before this. A+ lyrics and that verse... fuck. 12/10 for me. Chino is flawless just like on Razors Out which tells me as weird as it might sound, a Mike and Chino EP would be very welcoming. His soaring vocals fit Mike's production very very well. Machine Gun Kelly I thought would be a total dud and even though he talks about drugs in his verse, it's extremely relatable to the song topic and fits. It's long and he does well, and doesn't wreck the song. PHEW - that could have really been a disaster. He is appropriate as a guest here because he was at the Bowl but also opened some Europe shows in 2017 (last LP tour with Chester, and had JUST talked to Chester in July about covering Metallica (!!!) in the LP encore starting in Mansfield. Damn. He was so fucked up from 7/20... I'm good with him being on this album. What a track.

I.O.U. stands out even more than Lift Off with the topic of the album. You can tell both of those were originally Fort Minor songs, which Mike confirmed about I.O.U. at the Apple Store. He got super in depth about how hard he worked on the lyrics lol, he really is proud of this one. It was badass live. Super dark sounding beat and modern sounding hip hop song. It's great. "Play major, my minor's my main fort" - the crowd roared this at the show. Cool stuff to see a very different Mike song.

Running From My Shadow. Shit, this was such a surprise when I listened that I rewinded it no less than 5 times on the spot. Mike goes hard on the verses and it's a HEAVY song for hip hop. Bridge fucking explodes. I am so, so glad I waited to hear it with the full album. This is an absolute jam - truly love it big time. And as a closer live? Fantastic.

World's On Fire is about Anna and their kids. It starts pretty basic but I like the synth (keys?) that come in on it. Mike doesn't really write love songs outside of Where'd You Go but this is definitely one. It's good for the album because he's showing extreme appreciation to Anna for being there after July for him and also undoubtedly, his kids provide a huge highlight in his life. Think back to when after weeks of trying, Anna finally convinced him to go to lunch just down the street from his house. TMZ saw him and fucking assaulted him verbally (harshly) about Chester and Mike said it wrecked him. Anna is the true hero here as she is the one keeping Mike afloat behind the scenes. Quite appropriate to have a song about her on it.

Can't Hear You Now. I love this track a lot. It's hard to figure out the exact lyrical meaning behind it so I need Mike to do a Genius annotation for it or a track-by-track. Good song to end the album and it's dark, but also in a way it's ending on a positive note. It's like a fucked up situation but then it has an overall positive message.

As a whole the album really is something I loved instantly on the first listen. When have I been able to say that last? Minutes To Midnight. ATS I think is a damn masterpiece but it took me a very long time to fully grasp and appreciate that album. Living Things, The Hunting Party, and One More Light all have some duds in those. This album? I love it all. Mike did a phenomenal job.

I don't know what I want more - another solo album like this or LP to come back in 2019-2020. Both would be exceptional and we are in a very great place where either is likely. One thing is for sure - Mike won't stop making music so we aren't going anywhere. He was writing all the time just on the NYC visit this past week. And he says he cut songs from the album too. He must have a substantial amount of songs in his arsenal just from recently (summer 2017 to now). Awesome job here and I look forward to whatever is next.

The first three songs are just SO impactful to so many people, including me. The release of those three songs like really shook things up for me because of how emotional they were. In January I was probably doing the worst overall in the journey from July until now. I thought I was going to hit rock bottom in January... each month was a little worse than the previous one from July to August to September to October (the show was a great time but I had to get out of LA immediately the next day... really in a bad place mentally/emotionally). No one asked for any of this to happen to us (Mike either, obviously) and the impact that those first three songs had is immeasurable. They were raw as fuck, really well concocted (hell, Over Again went #1 in the charts), and emotional as it gets. I connect with those three so much and I might even say no release of music has ever affected me as much as the Post Traumatic EP. Coming from someone who truly listens to music to rock out, etc.... that EP is the first piece of musical work that I connect to emotionally so much and that has truly helped me in a bad place.

had JUST talked to Chester in July about covering Metallica (!!!) in the LP encore starting in Mansfield.

Yeah I definitely agree, I hit Rock Bottom in October/Early November, around the time of the Bowl show and honestly didn't give a shit at the time whether I lived or died. That feeling persisted until January when the Post Traumatic EP came out. It helped me come to terms with Chester's passing, and my own demons as well. Now, I'm still not perfect, (I'm REALLY dreading July 20th) but I'm in a whole lot better spot than I was in Late January when the EP first came out. And about the Metallica cover, WHAT THE HELL!!! That would've been insane!!!

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

Yeah I definitely agree, I hit Rock Bottom in October/Early November, around the time of the Bowl show and honestly didn't give a shit at the time whether I lived or died.

I thought I was going to hit rock bottom in January... each month was a little worse than the previous one from July to August to September to October (the show was a great time but I had to get out of LA immediately the next day... really in a bad place mentally/emotionally).

Somehow, alot of people have problems in these months. I just talked to someone from my school and we both agreed that the months of October and November, sometimes December are the worst every year. Ever since I had my worst year in school ( I received some bad exams in November, December) I'm quite scared of what the fall gives me. Last year I said: "I hope I'will survive this fall in school". Cause if my school kind of works and is not too bad then my mood is back too.

And to the album. There are many songs I like, especially Lift Off, Hold It Together and I.O.U.

I'm happy to have the opportunity to see him live