Linkin Park x Blink 182

hahninator

Thanks to an L.A. area Blink 182 fan, we have learned that Linkin Park and Blink 182 will be touring together this year. "blink will apparently be co-headlining a tour with Linkin Park this fall in the US. Not sure when tour dates will be announced but I have friends in both bands' camps who confirmed this to me over the weekend."

hoppuschester.jpg

Coupled with the Linkin Park email and social media posts to renew your LPU memberships by next week, it seems that an announcement is coming any day about a North American Tour featuring both bands.

"Join LP Underground by Friday (April 21) @ 6pm PST to get access to the upcoming #OneMoreLight World Tour pre-sale." This means that an announcement could come as early as next week, since the renew deadline is Friday for presale access.

This will be Linkin Park's first North American outdoor tour since Carnivores Tour in 2014 and will continue their streak of big-name openers on these runs, following Incubus in 2012 and 30 Seconds To Mars in 2014.

Source: Blink-182 Online

I wonder if anyone else will be on the tour, as well.

When Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance did a co-headlining tour, Indie Electronic Duo "Matt and Kim" was the opener on majority of the dates and all dates had an opening act. I'm guessing the same will be here, that they have an opening act.

As far as this tour, I will be there if they come to Seattle. Blink-182 is my favorite band. Tom DeLonge is my favorite musician of all time. The Blink-182/My Chemical Romance tour in 2011 came to Seattle and I missed it. I'm so mad because I have never seen MCR and will never get to see them again. I also had never seen Blink-182 and this was a time when Tom DeLonge was still in the band. I told myself I would NEVER see Blink-182 in concert with Matt Skiba. Normally, I'm okay with new singers but Blink-182 is not Blink-182 without Tom DeLonge in my opinion. I also told myself I would not listen to any future releases they release. I have not listened to California nor do I ever plan to. I will also not listen to the deluxe version which is essentially a whole new album. However, I did end up going to see the band.

Last year, Blink-182 went on a tour with A Day to Remember and The All-American Rejects. That is a stacked lineup if I have ever seen one. Both of those bands I love a lot and had never seen either band before so I immediately decided to go.

Now, I have seen both Linkin Park and Blink-182 one time each. However, I have a friend who only goes to concerts if I go with him. He really wants to see Linkin Park live and I already told him about this lineup and we have already decided we are going together. He has never seen Linkin Park live so this gives him a chance.

Back when ATS was released, I was going through a huge Linkin Park faze even though they were already in my top 10 acts of all time. I decided to look into the tour history of them coming to Seattle and found out that U.S. tours that were during the summer and fall, they would stop in Seattle. U.S. tours that were winter tours, they would always ignore Seattle. My suspicion is this tour will happen in August/September so I have a good feeling about them coming to Seattle. Even though Blink-182 isn't the same to me, it will be still cool to see two of my top 10 acts of all time again, together on the same stage on the same night. Here's to hoping they have a band I like opening for them as both times I saw them separately they were 4/4 on bands I like as openers.

Note: I did not proof read that, so sorry if there are any mistakes.

I have not listened to California nor do I ever plan to.

That's a shame because it really is a good album.

Incubus and 30STM are also big perhaps they are bigger than Blink 182 so why not ?!

LP 100 minutes setlist, Blink 182 70 minutes and another act 30-40 minutes

Thirty Seconds To Mars is definitely not bigger than Blink-182. You could maybe make an argument for Incubus. Blink-182 has had five consecutive top 10 charting albums and their biggest album went five times platinum. 30STM has one single-platinum album and one top 10 charting album. Incubus has four top 10 charting albums but their biggest album was only double platinum.
Edited by leftshoe18

Their lead singer quit the band. They aren't as big anymore.

That's not so true... California debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and was nominated for a grammy. The lead single Bored to Death charted on the Hot 100. They're headlining arenas and festivals around the world. Sure, they're not as big as they were back in the early 2000's but that's the same case for LP. They're still very popular and I can't see them agreeing to be an opening band when they could easily headline the same venues themselves.

I told myself I would NEVER see Blink-182 in concert with Matt Skiba. Normally, I'm okay with new singers but Blink-182 is not Blink-182 without Tom DeLonge in my opinion. I also told myself I would not listen to any future releases they release. I have not listened to California nor do I ever plan to. I will also not listen to the deluxe version which is essentially a whole new album.

That's a shame, considering Matt Skiba can actually sing. :P

Edited by Astat

Their lead singer quit the band. They aren't as big anymore.

While I agree that they aren't as big as they were in the 2000s, they are still a pretty big deal, with or without Tom. Tom was AWFUL live with them and was bringing down the quality of their live shows because his heart was more into his side projects than Blink. Matt has 1000% increased my interest in seeing Blink live. He does a great job replacing Tom and the new songs with him are killer. I think this is a great lineup for a summer tour and I can't wait to see the dates.

https://twitter.com/wolverinekills/status/855419708773945345

http://www.blink182.com/tour/

B and C city USA tour right now. Interesting they play West Palm for a festival and Denver later. August 12th. LP could kick off Aug 13/14 in the midwest.

As for this, they just finished up an A/B city Amphitheater tour last year for this album, so why not hit the B & C cities? Now that they have the Deluxe album coming out, it'll be a perfect chance to loop back around for some of the A & bigger B cities that they missed.

This is absolutely amazing. I know blink aren't that great live IMO, but two of my favorite bands.. My two best friends love blink and touring with LP will be unforgettable. Really hope they hit up Milwaukee, madison is a long shot and St. Paul seems likely at worst

That's a shame, considering Matt Skiba can actually sing. :P

Studio? Sure

Live? He sucks pretty bad

Tom, Matt, and Mark. All three of them can't sing well live.

While I agree that they aren't as big as they were in the 2000s, they are still a pretty big deal, with or without Tom. Tom was AWFUL live with them and was bringing down the quality of their live shows because his heart was more into his side projects than Blink. Matt has 1000% increased my interest in seeing Blink live. He does a great job replacing Tom and the new songs with him are killer. I think this is a great lineup for a summer tour and I can't wait to see the dates.

As for this, they just finished up an A/B city Amphitheater tour last year for this album, so why not hit the B & C cities? Now that they have the Deluxe album coming out, it'll be a perfect chance to loop back around for some of the A & bigger B cities that they missed.

A) Matt sucks worse live than Tom. I've seen them live with Matt. Not only can he not sing live like Tom could not, he can't play the guitar very well live which is something that Tom was actually a master at. Matt Skiba doesn't even know how to play Carousel correctly.

B) Blink-182 is currently on a tour with the Naked and Famous in B cities. That plus the fact it will be Linkin Park's first tour for their new album means it's a good chance they would hit A cities.

And to other posts above, Blink-182 and Linkin Park sell out/play the same type of venues. They both play arenas. To think that they wouldn't co-healine is crazy. Neither band would agree to open for one another.

Edited by Bliss

To think that they wouldn't co-headline is crazy. Neither band would agree to open for one another.

Well I agree with your first part. Co headline means someone still closes the show, because it rarely happens when they swap.

Blink will open for LP, there's no doubting that. Incubus opened for LP in amphitheatres which they headlined the previous summer. LP does not play before anyone in the USA in amphitheatres.

Well I agree with your first part. Co headline means someone still closes the show, because it rarely happens when they swap.

Blink will open for LP, there's no doubting that. Incubus opened for LP in amphitheatres which they headlined the previous summer. LP does not play before anyone in the USA in amphitheatres.

I agree with you on this. I guess I should have clarified in my post. Of course someone still has to close the show and that will LP no doubt but I wouldn't expect Blink to be an "opening act" for Blink in the sense of a traditional opening act. I would expect them to co-headline and they are.

It's not Blink without Tom. LP isn't the same band. 5-10 years ago, this would have been awesome news.

Honestly I feel this should have been a tour when Blink-182 announced it's reunion.

ATS era co-headliner with Blink-182 and Linkin Park would have been amazing.

Edited by Bliss

And so Blink posted a new video on FB about tour life. It looks like a announcement is coming soon ;)

And maybe we will see a drum battle between Rob and Travis Barker :D

Yeah, I saw that post too. The caption said they were excited to meet new faces.

So I expect it to come early next week :D