Post Traumatic Album Release Day

RogueSoul

Release Day is currently happening for Post Traumatic!

New Zealand was first up to receive the album, at 8:00am EST / 5:00am PST for the rest of us. Of course, the album has "leaked" to the rest of the world as expected. The actual leak occurred just one hour before the first release and is the shorted period of time we've seen for a leak to happen before the release.

No download links allowed here, of course.

We are very proud of Mike for his album and are excited to be a part of the global celebrations today.

Feel free to discuss the album below as Release Day rolls out across the world! Let's celebrate!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First impressions:
- It starts and ends really strong, but some of the stuff in the middle is a bit eh. None of it's bad (except maybe About You), but it just doesn't compare to first and last 4 songs except Promises. Love that one
- Production is fantastic on the whole thing
- Mike is a really strong vocalist. Dude kills it here. Can't say the same for most of the guests. Grandson and Chino were good. Don't care for the rest
- The writing is the strongest aspect IMO. You can feel how personal this whole thing was to Mike, and it adds so much to it

Top 3: Nothing Makes Sense Anymore, Running From My Shadow, Promises I Can't Keep

Bottom 3: About You, Make It Up As I Go, Lift Off

So far I've listened to half of the album (the first 8 tracks). Brooding is pretty cool and Promises I Can't Keep is a good song. I'm gonna listen to second half later tonight.

Edited by Geki

Brooding reminds me of a mix of Space Station and Drawbar, with under random instrumental demos from ATS, LT and OML mixed in. I've now learned that I should never ever judge songs based off of what people say in reviews, because I always have totally different experiences with the songs. Still only listening to the first 8 songs for now.

I don't have time today to immerse myself in the entire album, so I only have listened to the first half of the album so far (first 8 songs). Brooding is pretty cool and Promises I Can't Keep is a good song. I'm not sure what people were saying when they said Promises I Can't Keep was an upbeat song - the lyrical content is super depressing and I personally think it's a pretty dark song in terms of sound too, it's similar to Place to Start through About You. About You is also pretty depressing and dark to me, and all the other tracks on the first half of the album are too. The second half is supposed to be more upbeat and where the change is according to people. Crossing A Line is half way though the album as track 8 and that's where the shift in tone starts to happen, IMO. Pretty cool. I'm gonna listen to second half later tonight.. Brooding is also a pretty dark song in terms of sound. The definition of Brooding means ''showing deep unhappiness of thought.'' I also opted to use the EP cover over the album cover in my iTunes. I just think it looks cooler, and fits the tone more. The mixes also sound slightly better, maybe that's just me thinking that, then the pre release mixes did for the first 5 songs and CAL. Haven't listened to the mix for Ghosts or RFMS yet though.

I'm gonna listen to the second half (9-16) tonight when I can properly dedicate enough time today to immerse myself in the album. I love listening to music late at night too so it should be cool. When I hear the entire album in full a few times, I'll post a track by track of my thoughts like I usually do.

I'm waiting to hear the album until the preorder arrives tomorrow.

The $59 deal of the album, art book, exclusive shirt, and signed photo print is truly a great deal.

IF you were lucky enough to get the notice early enough to buy the bundle and get the signed print :)

i wasn't altho maybe i will have him sign it on monday

I don't have time today to immerse myself in the entire album, so I only have listened to the first half of the album so far (first 8 songs). Brooding is pretty cool and Promises I Can't Keep is a good song. I'm not sure what people were saying when they said Promises I Can't Keep was an upbeat song - the lyrical content is super depressing and I personally think it's a pretty dark song in terms of sound too, it's similar to Place to Start through About You. About You is also pretty depressing and dark to me, and all the other tracks on the first half of the album are too. The second half is supposed to be more upbeat and where the change is according to people. Crossing A Line is half way though the album as track 8 and that's where the shift in tone starts to happen, IMO. Pretty cool. I'm gonna listen to second half later tonight.. Brooding is also a pretty dark song in terms of sound. The definition of Brooding means ''showing deep unhappiness of thought.'' I also opted to use the EP cover over the album cover in my iTunes. I just think it looks cooler, and fits the tone more. The mixes also sound slightly better, maybe that's just me thinking that, then the pre release mixes did for the first 5 songs and CAL. Haven't listened to the mix for Ghosts or RFMS yet though.

I'm gonna listen to the second half (9-16) tonight when I can properly dedicate enough time today to immerse myself in the album. I love listening to music late at night too so it should be cool. When I hear the entire album in full a few times, I'll post a track by track of my thoughts like I usually do.

i dont get it, how does everything have the digital copy already? i thought they're all being released tomorrow?

IF you were lucky enough to get the notice early enough to buy the bundle and get the signed print :)

i wasn't altho maybe i will have him sign it on monday

i dont get it, how does everything have the digital copy already? i thought they're all being released tomorrow?

I listened to the leak (half of it so far). I was dying to hear the album badly, I would have listened to the full album if it had dropped yesterday since I was free all day, but I'm busy today. So I only listened to half of the album during lunch time (first 8 songs) and am gonna listen to the rest later on tonight.

I think the album will probably be on Apple Music and stuff by midnight too, since Ghosts was the day it came out, etc. If not I still have the leak.

Only got a chance to listen to the album in full once (listened to some of the new songs in random order a couple of times too), but so far so good! I have to say, this album has some of the best rapping Mike has ever done IMO. He goes HARD on some of these songs.

Faves so far (new songs + previously released): Over Again, Running From My Shadow, Promises I Can't Keep, Ghosts, I.O.U, Can't Hear You Now.

Also, I don't get the hate Lift Off is getting. I actually think it's a pretty good song :lol:

Man this is great! I love it even more than The Rising Tied, and I really like that album.

Favorites so far (really addicted to those):

1. Over Again

2. Ghosts

3. Can't Hear You Now

4. Make it up as I Go

5. Lift Off (too bad MGK is in this one, Mike and Chino are killing it)

6. Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

Watching as I Fall, Place to Start & Crossing a Line are pretty nice as well; the other ones probably still need to grow on me (I had just one listen to the new songs). About You is the only one I don't like atm.

First listen hot take: This album is pure fucking flames! I was skeptical of the guest features but they really brought something special to the album. Never listened to K. Flay before this and was pleasantly surprised with how well her Vocals complimented Mike's production. IOU is an ignant banger. Worlds on Fire sounds heavily NIN inspired. Overall, my expectations were met and exceeded!

Just listened through for the first time. The only track that I didn't like was Make It Up As I Go, I really hated K.Flay's voice a lot and I thought the instrumental and even Mike's parts were just kind of boring, it didn't capture me. Everything else was pretty damn epic. A really solid album, it's very rare that I hear an album and there is only 1 song out of 16 that I don't like! Respect to you Mike for making this and making a great album while you were at it. I'll post a song by song review once I listen a few more times, because I always love doing that. Out of the non pre-release songs, I absolutely loved Hold It Together, I.O.U. and Can't Hear You Now (wow that song is awesome), but like I said, I loved everything literally, just not Make It Up As You Go.

Edited by Geki

MGK is nothing but a Ryu replacement to me, I feel like Ryu would have been on that track five years ago - and would have come with a better feature. Chino kills it though

I absolutely love the K Flay track, it sounds like she had a hand in the production

I love Brooding, I could listen to Mike's instrumentals all day

About You is still the least favorite song I have listened to, I wish Mike took his lyrics and put them on a better track.

HE GOES IN ON IOU HOLY GUAC. My jaw dropped about 25 seconds and and stayed until he finished his second verse

World's On Fire seems like it's the second weakest track on the album

Can't Hear You Now is a great ending to the album. So proud of Mike, so impressed by him