Mike 4/20 Instagram Stream: New Song Soon

hahninator

Today, Mike went live on Instagram (which you can still see on his feed) to discuss the new Post Traumatic merch. He even called Frank Maddocks, who was at the gym when he answered, to discuss some of the new items he has for sale in the store. Mike personally oversaw all of the items being created and said he is very proud of the merch being released.

In regards to the album, he said he is wrapping up Post Traumatic and putting "the finishing touches on it."

At the end of the stream, he teased a brand new song that he said was being released soon. The song features rapping alongside what sounds like a guest feature chorus. The vocals being repeated in the track are "all of a sudden it's about you now, ohh, even when it's not about you, about you". The track, possibly titled "About You", will apparently be released sometime in the coming days.

In an Instagram post yesterday, Mike said, "This is Aaron. We made the video for “Crossing A Line” together. This is a photo of us finishing a new video. #PostTraumatic" And finally, in his Weibo live chat in China recently, he commented that he shot parts of a new music video in China.

All in all, we should have new music shortly in the form of a sixth pre-release track!

This is awesome!!! Informative post as always, and it's much appreciated.

I would ask if you guys feel that 6 tracks are too much to release before the album, but a) I will never complain about too much new music, and B) the album has 16 songs lol so there will still be enough to make release day special!

Usually six is way too many but this is a completely different set of circumstances. The EP counts for three of those.

Album is 16 songs. Without the EP tracks its 13. We have a single, a bonus track with the single, and now another one coming. After this, it'll be too many yeah. But 3 of 13 seems ok. Still double digits new songs that we haven't heard yet.

Usually six is way too many but this is a completely different set of circumstances. The EP counts for three of those.

Album is 16 songs. Without the EP tracks its 13. We have a single, a bonus track with the single, and now another one coming. After this, it'll be too many yeah. But 3 of 13 seems ok. Still double digits new songs that we haven't heard yet.

6 it's okay he's a new artist and he is getting a pretty good spot for festivals considering that his new songs are not really hits, I don't know how a festival crowd would react to mostly unknown songs (FM/MS) people expect to listen to LP hits pretty sure that he'll do ITE, WTFE, COG.

5 or 6 tracks is not too many in this current environment, especially not on streaming. Having plenty of songs out before the album is out might make the SPS especially for the first week peak look good. I actually don't care for this chart stuff, but it can come in convenient for Mike.

Well, the time changes, the promotions of the album changes. You can always decide to not listen to any new songs before the album premiere. I did that with THP, I only listen to GATS & UIG in full and the rest I was listen when I received the CD.

Edited by martinez

Cool, I hope I ll enjoy it More than The others

for me, Mike can't make a bad track. He's always been someone that just exudes talent and creativity, and whether he makes a song using kitchen utensils or beats or guest artists, they always sound amazing to me. his art appeals to me in the same way.

that's my 2 cents

Mike has made some not so great songs with later albums, IMO. But he is talented as fuck, for sure. Sometimes I feel like he has strayed too far from his original self in terms of his style and music, but I suppose that's just growing. I thought Mike was cool as fuck though, up until like 2005. His style and attitude on the Meteora and Hybrid Theory touring cycles was badass. He looked awesome on PR04.

Edited by Geki

for me, Mike can't make a bad track. He's always been someone that just exudes talent and creativity, and whether he makes a song using kitchen utensils or beats or guest artists, they always sound amazing to me. his art appeals to me in the same way.

that's my 2 cents

I agree. I don't consider Mike as much of a musician as he is an artist. He's obviously an amazing musician though, but he can do so much more too...

I agree. I don't consider Mike as much of a musician as he is an artist. He's obviously an amazing musician though, but he can do so much more too...

agreed but when I hear songs like No Roads Left and what he did for Mall and his own recent stuff, I become more and more impressed with his vocal ability