Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How awesome it would be if Mike releases the snippets today, huh?!?!

Like the ultimate trolling, the snippets are real but nobody believes it LoL

On a related note, I'd like to thank LPLive for not posting a stupid April Fools story like another website did.

Also, I reckon they will start releasing snippets on LP.com tomorrow

Agree but is weird to me that the video have 2 days on youtube, and is the same name of the song of the post.

Where this people get the information ? fake or not is weird.

if it was real, warner would've got it automatically removed.

you upload anything with song name it's instantly muted/blocked - I've tried :P

On a related note, I'd like to thank LPLive for not posting a stupid April Fools story like another website did.

amen.

don't know why april fool's day is so religiously followed on the internet... it's not as if people need an excuse to write shit on the web :lol:

Edited by LGraham

the guy who post the preview,just post another preview which he said "2nd part of the preview"..

here's the link..

http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/linkinp...espuestas-abajo

Note : i'm not sure if it's legit or not..

just want to share with you guys..

I guess the band was peaking out the window when coming up with songs or song names.

Chester: Hey Mike, omg, look at the breeze outside today!

Mike: Yea, it looks like it's getting ugly out there. I just saw a lightning strike.

Chester: Yea, it doesn't matter though. I just saw a dove! The dove always fly, no matter what!

Mike: The dove always fly? Don't you mean "the dove always flies?"

Chester: Yea, I do. I just like how "the dove always fly" sounds. We gotta make a song name out of that.

Mike: Gotcha.

Someone should translate that second article. I have high hopes that these articles are fake, but for some reason they are interesting to read for me. Haha. Anyways, I would actually like if there was a song called Lightning Strike that had piercing screams from Chester. I know this is fake, but some of these descriptions sound cool. And about the lyrics to Lost In The Echo, yes they are horrible. They're fake. But LP has had some horrible lyrics before, what about ''what the fuck is wrong with me'' or ''shut up when I'm talking to you'', even ''fuck it are you listening'' or ''go away, you try to take the best of me''. I also don't think the album is 7 tracks, of this is real, it's probably a sampler review, like the 6 track review of ATS.

Even though I don't think it's real and people in the comments section of the second Spanish article seem to agree with that sentiment, I'll translate the second article too if people want me to.

Edited by lakersfan13

I translated it with google translate, it's a little choppy.

Beryllium ": An apocalyptic atmosphere surrounding the next piece of equipment, electronic sounds very deep, for a track almost entirely instrumental with a few lines you recited by a robotic, very distorted / Toxic, Harmful, noxious, injurious, dangerous / "the rarest disc ends until switching off slowly. "You do not see me": A simple song, with few shades of rap, no electronic sounds, rock pure and simple, with a letter simple and easy to understand "Breake the pain": Another song without too much moonlighting, direct, point relates abstract situations of life, like "Burn it down" "If you die": Ballad who knows how pretty and surely will become a very popular piece by fans, another less complex songs but valuable in other ways. "The Breeze": A great introduction to piano and soaring electric guitar sound then turn to pass through an electronic bridge leading to one of the songs more "powerful" album "Just like the breeze, storm Becomes , over time, as in slow motion "Mike raps to make way for the chorus, full of epic chorus" I was never what lies ahead Warned of I will not run, I take the things from the front "with a melodic edge feinting to be quasi rapper. Great song, surely a future single from the album. "Age of Hope" and a friendly female choirs are hopeful that the outlook INICA "Age of Hope" without doubt the longest song on the Long Play and one of the longest in the band in his career. Very reminiscent of "The Messenger". "The dove always fly": Begin with the end of AOH, powerful riff that contrast with the melodic Chester you begin to shape a song that seems lost, but returns with even more strength thanks to a great performance Shinoda .

I don't know, all these articles seem like they are describing ATS! They say the first track is instrumental and it recites one line, just like ''The Requiem''. Then it says Burn It Down has a ''Burn it down, Let it go'' chanting, very similar to Lift Me Up, Let Me Go in ''The Catalyst''. It says Norimba or whatever it's called sounds like the chanting of the savannah with growls, it's tribal music, just like ''When They Come For Me''. It says ''Lightning Strike'' has piercing screams and Mike singing, just like ''Blackout''. This seems really fake to me.

Edited by Geki

Even though I don't think it's real and people in the comments section of the second Spanish article seem to agree with that sentiment, I'll translate the second article too if people want me to.

Go for it, even if its fake these rumors are at least helping to pass the time while we wait for real info.

This is the track listing so far, according to these articles. :P

Severium

Noise Behind The Wall

Burn It Down

Avengers Of Another Time

Lost In The Echo

Lightning Strike

Namibia

Beryllium

You Don't See Me

Break The Pain

If You Die

The Breeze

Age Of Hope

The Dove Always Flies

That's 14 tracks, a couple of which, are instrumentals, leaving that to 12 real songs. We all know how much LP likes to have 12 song albums. I highly doubt this information is correct at all, but it's strangely fitting. I think some of the titles may have got translated wrong, though.

Go for it, even if its fake these rumors are at least helping to pass the time while we wait for real info.

Done:

"Berrylium", the next track on the record, has an apocalyptic feel and deep electronic sounds,resulting in a track that is almost completely an instrumental, with a few lines ("Toxic/Harmful/Noxious/Injurious/Dangerous") that are recited by a distorted robotic voice. It is the strangest track on the album and ends by fading out. "You Don't See Me" is a simple song, with shades of rap and without any electronic sounds. It is pure and simple rock, with simple lyrics that are easy to comprehend. "Break the Pain" is another to the point song, the lyrics refer to abstract life situations, similar to "Burn it Down." "If You Die" is a ballad that will surely become a fan favorite. It is yet another song with little complexity, but offers much to appreciate from other perspectives. "The Breeze" starts with a powerful piano intro and explosion of electric guitars, but after an electronic sounding bridge, acoustic guitars come in, cementing the songs place as one of the most powerful tracks on the album. Mike raps "Just like the breeze/Storm becomes/Over time/As in slow motion" to open the epic chorus, which continues in a semi-rap, "I was never warned of what lies ahead/I will not run/I take the things from the front." It is a great song and will surely be one of the next singles off the album. "Age of Hope" is a hopeful sounding track that features a female choir. Without a doubt, it is the longest track on the LP and one of the longest tracks the band has produced in their entire career. It is similar in many ways to "The Messenger." It transitions into "The Dove Always Fly", which features potent riffs that contrast with Chester's melodic voice, and gives way to a song that seems to lose itself at moments, but returns with even more strength, thanks to a great performance by Shinoda.

The guy then went on to post this below:

Believe me if you want, if not it's your own problem. I'm not responsible for what happens if this information is found to be utnrue, I choose to believe it and I'm sharing it with you because I find it to be interesting. Thanks.

The good thing is that this article will most likely be proven correct or incorrect within a matter of days or weeks. We'll see if his/her description for Burn It Down holds up and is even remotely accurate.

I think you can safely say it's false if you don't hear Chester and Mike screaming "burn it down, let it go" on the chorus, if you don't hear ANY screaming on the chorus, if you don't hear "modified voices leading into distorted guitars", etc etc etc...

There's definitely some vagueness in the article but I think the person provided enough specifics for Burn It Down to be able to tell whether or not the song fits his description. And if BID does resemble his description...then who knows.

i remember that fake MTM album that fooled MANY casual fans. It was on torrent sites and everywhere else. It had a few LPU songs and radom other weak nu-metal songs from an unknown band. If someone would go to the trouble of making a fake album they would surely make a fake article as well

Yea, that was a band called Tribal Ink. The person who made the torrent basically created a compilation of Tribal Ink songs and he also mixed in some Grey Daze songs. It was an absolute fail attempt. It tricked me for maybe 30 seconds (mostly because I was paranoid about how the album would sound at the time). As soon as I heard the Grey Daze songs and saw the tribal ink lyrics online, it became clear.

i remember that fake MTM album that fooled MANY casual fans. It was on torrent sites and everywhere else. It had a few LPU songs and radom other weak nu-metal songs from an unknown band. If someone would go to the trouble of making a fake album they would surely make a fake article as well

LOL I remember that album. I used to work at my local mall back in 2007, and I remember some guy that worked at GameStop (Then EB Games), knew that me and my friend were huge LP fans. He came to the mall one day and was like hey guys, look, I got the album weeks before it comes out! He showed us, and the track listing was a bunch of fake shitty nu-metal songs and some Grey Daze material, just like you said.

But yeah, I agree with this. If people are willing to make fake tracks, and fake albums, someone will definitely make a fake review. I also agree with an above post saying that once we hear BID, we will be able to tell if that review has any merit.

I talked with the guy who put the Review on that forum and he said to me that the review will be out on the Rolling Stone in April. Correct me if i wrong but the April Magazine is already out and don't have this information, i downloaded the Magazine early today and just have the TBA when Mike talks about BID and Lost In The Echo...