11.01.2014 - Los Angeles, CA - MFR Philippines Benefit

hahninator

On the 11th, Linkin Park plays their third show out of three total for this short "escape from the studio" mini-tour they are doing. The band played a private show on the 9th in Las Vegas for their recent collaboration with Harman, meaning they're playing two shows at The Joint in a row. A few lucky Linkin Park fans were even able to get in that were near the venue. This is a benefit for Music For Relief and Power The World entitled the "Concert For The Philippines." To get access to this show, you had to donate or raise $250 for Music For Relief before you were given a ticket.

This will be Linkin Park's second show ever at Club Nokia in Los Angeles. The first show took place back in 2012 (show page here) for the X GAMES, where LP performed a full setlist a month before the Honda Civic Tour kicked off. That show was streamed online, so if you missed it for whatever reason, make sure to check it out on YouTube.

Highlights to expect from this show will be the full-band performance of 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' and the collaborations that will take place. The band has rehearsed with both Heart (on 'CASTLE OF GLASS') and The Filharmonics (song unknown) in recent days so we are expecting some great collabs at this show. Bad Religion and The Offspring will be performing as opening bands. Special guests are Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart, Travis Barker and The Filharmonic. It was previously announced by Examiner.com that Tom Morello and Mix Master Mike were guests too, but this hasn't been confirmed by the band as of right now. With the show starting at 8:00pm, it is unknown if the special guests are performing sets or not. It is also unknown whether Linkin Park will be performing a full set or an abbreviated one.

EDIT: At the second Las Vegas show, the band brought back 'Wake' for the first time since March 2008 and let it open the show along with 'Given Up' once again and also brought back 'Empty Spaces' and 'When They Come For Me' for the first time since October 2012. 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' was on the setlist to open the encore but it was not played for an unknown reason.

This show will be streamed via the AXS mobile app. It was also announced that it would be on LP.com, but this doesn't seem to be happening as of now. However, fans are in luck since AXS will be showing the performance on February 15th on television. If you are looking to record the webcast, we invite you to comment in the thread to discuss how to make it happen. We are assuming that an iPad plugged into a television with the DVR option being used to record is one of the best ways.

WHO: Linkin Park, The Offspring, Bad Religion + special guests

WHAT: Live stream of their "Concert For The Philippines"

WHERE: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA

WHEN: January 11, 2014 at 10:30pm PST (Linkin Park set time)

WATCH: Live stream via the AXS mobile app (iPhone, iPad, and Android users) / TV broadcast on February 15, 2014 on AXS TV

Who will be tuning in to the stream? What do you think the band will play at this show?

EDIT: It seems that Youku, the Chinese version of YouTube, will stream the show HERE.

SETLIST:

01. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. New Divide

04. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' V2; Wall of Noise Outro)

05. Breaking The Habit

06. CASTLE OF GLASS (w/ Ann and Nancy Wilson [Heart])

07. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley) (w/ The Filharmonic; Acapella Outro)

08. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike/Chester); Outro Piano Transition)

09. What I've Done (w/ Mike Einziger)

10. In The End (w/ Mike Einziger)

11. BURN IT DOWN

12. Bleed It Out (w/ Travis Barker; Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ drum solos; Ext. Outro)

Setlist picture here.

VIDEOS:

COG:

LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent:

Numb:

WID:

ITE:

BID:

BIO:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have no choice but to watch the live stream on my iPhone? I thought it was being webcasted online as well. Oh well, I guess. I hope someone can rip this show when it airs on TV... we don't get DSP's anymore so I hope people can record as many shows as possible from now on.

How do you get the stream when it comes time? I just download the app and I type in ''concert for the phillippines'' and nothing came up. I know the show is tomorrow night obviously but I was just curious. Pretty dumb idea to make the stream exclusive to the app. There should be an online stream as well.

How do you get the stream when it comes time? I just download the app and I type in ''concert for the phillippines'' and nothing came up. I know the show is tomorrow night obviously but I was just curious. Pretty dumb idea to make the stream exclusive to the app. There should be an online stream as well.

I'm sure something will pop up on the app. Yeah I wish it was online as well. Someone will figure out how to get it. Maybe with the Android file we can get a link for a browser or something. Worst case scenario, we'll watch it on our phones and someone will record it with their iPad -> TV -> DVR for us to download.

Assuming this show and Vegas get the same setlist, here are my predictions for collaborations:

-Nancy Wilson on COG (already known)

-Travis Barker and Rob both playing drums on ALTNC

-Filharmonic doing the gang vocals on WTCFM

Our performance from CONCERT FOR THE PHILIPPINES will be broadcasted LIVE tomorrow night from Los Angeles at Club Nokia. Watch it from your mobile device via the AXS Mobile App. Get the App here: http://www.axs.com/concertforthephillipines

Tickets are still available until today at 5pm PST here: http://www.crowdrise.com/ConcertforthePhilippines

https://www.facebook.com/linkinPark/posts/1...8?stream_ref=10

I'm going to be a little more bold with my prediction. They are going to finally perform Robot Boy live.

They may also play Hands Held High with them. I don't think it will happen, but it's a possibility. I am 90% sure they'll perform on the Ballad Medley.

Too bad the stream starts at 10:30 PST, I won't be able to tune in. Is anybody going to try to record it? Anyway, I believe the band will play a similar set to the one they played last night. I'm waiting to see what kind of collaborations will take place. Of course, we will have the COG with Nancy Wilson performance, that I'm very excited about. I believe that The Filharmonic will join the band on the ballad medley, and with some luck, even perform Hands Held High with them. It seems like it's going to be a very cool show.

I believe that The Filharmonic will join the band on the ballad medley, and with some luck, even perform Hands Held High with them. It seems like it's going to be a very cool show.

Iridescent is the most relevant song they have related to the purpose of the event. I highly doubt they'll do HHH. With luck I think we might get a full performance of Iridescent, but even then...

Honestly there are a few songs they could play for this kind of event that would be very fitting.

ROADS UNTRAVELED would fit pretty well.

Iridescent.

NOT A-FUCKING-LONE would be PERFECT for this. They would never find a better chance to debut this song, but they won't.

NOT A-FUCKING-LONE would be PERFECT for this. They would never find a better chance to debut this song, but they won't.

Agree. Not Alone would be perfect for this kind of event, but the chances they will debut it are REALLY low, considering the fact is was released almost 4 years ago, and that they never even talked about playing it live.

What the hell happened with the streaming via LP.com?

It looks like it was confirmed initially because KROQ posted it, because they wouldn't just make it up, but something must have happened and they made it mobile-only. Lame. It's possible someone with an Android can get the direct stream link somehow but I'm not sure. I have an iPhone so I'm not much help here. As of right now there's no other way to watch besides with the smartphone but maybe that'll change if an Android user can help us out.

Is anybody going to try to record it?

Yeah definitely. We have someone trying to record it for us tonight. Obviously others across the LP community will try to as well. The more the better :)