LP To Play In Jakarta, Indonesia

hahninator

LP has announced on Twitter that the band will be returning to Jakarta, Indonesia this fall. They posted the following message on their page:

"Jakarta, Indonesia. We're coming. September 21. Stadion Utama GBK. See you soon."

The band has played in Jakarta once before, on June 13, 2004 at the Pantai Carnaval. That show kicked off their five-show Asia Tour in 2004. The show page for that can be found here. This tour date fits in between Taipei, Taiwan on September 19 and Bangkok, Thailand on September 23.

Congrats Asian fans! There's still a rumored Hong Kong show earlier in the tour for Asia, and it's possible that the band could squeeze in one or two more shows to that leg. We'll see!

Awesome, thanks! This is great. A DSP from Indonesia :D I love how in 2010/2011 we're getting DSPs from a bunch of different places the band hasn't played in a long time, or even ever. Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, Indonesia. Even Yokohama (2003). Hopefully India gets added.

I still see them putting a few Chinese shows on there of course since they had that 5 show MFR tour in Asia in 08 canceled and they played 2 shows there in 2009. Maybe Shanghai or Beijing and then Hong Kong. I doubt China will get skipped.

I've worked for this band for a while now, and it's still completely mind blowing how they manage to play ridiculously huge shows on every corner of the earth. This is going to be a really cool show.

I've worked for this band for a while now, and it's still completely mind blowing how they manage to play ridiculously huge shows on every corner of the earth. This is going to be a really cool show.

Haha yeah I feel the same.

The venue looks badass. Holds 88,000? Wow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelora_Bung_Karno_Stadium

That's a big ass venue. It holds as many as most multi-day festivals hold at their max lol. Good luck to Pooch :P

The tour grid I have says 25,000, so I wonder if they're sectioning it off or something. Still. 25,000 in Indonesia? Crazy.

Yeah probably. I mean with a stage in there that cuts it down of course - they'll probably put the stage in the middle and split the stadium in half or something like that. Huge venue but 25k there is pretty impressive. The DSP pics are gonna be su-weeeeeet.

Awesome, thanks! This is great. A DSP from Indonesia :D I love how in 2010/2011 we're getting DSPs from a bunch of different places the band hasn't played in a long time, or even ever. Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, Indonesia. Even Yokohama (2003). Hopefully India gets added.

I still see them putting a few Chinese shows on there of course since they had that 5 show MFR tour in Asia in 08 canceled and they played 2 shows there in 2009. Maybe Shanghai or Beijing and then Hong Kong. I doubt China will get skipped.

here in India the organisers are talking LP touring india in december . but still nothing is confirmed till posted by band themselves