What's Next For Linkin Park?

hahninator

With The Hunting Party Tour ending quickly after just three shows, what is the next move for Linkin Park?

Even though it was just a few shows, this tour started with the band in impressive form (especially Chester's voice) and with excellent production. But what does the band do now? There seems to be almost no chance that this "B city" tour gets rescheduled (especially with low ticket sales in quite a few cities) so do they attempt to book another North American run later in the year for bigger cities?

Do they play a Hybrid Theory club tour to get some hype for the band going? Or do they just skip out and only play the USA festivals and international shows this year? The press release today was pretty pessimistic in several ways, but this also was their largest tour cancellation ever at 15 shows (the previous record was 12 in June 2003). And with two more songs from The Hunting Party being dropped from the setlists (Rebellion and Until It's Gone), is the touring cycle for this album coming to a close?

What do you think we will see from Linkin Park going further into 2015?

I feel there's a lot of markets still in planning, like Asia, Australia, and South America. No way they'd just skip over them. Granted, they might be shorter tours but it's something.

I'm staying optimistic about rescheduling the current tour. At least the bigger shows like Brooklyn will be rescheduled. I was so hyped, I think the realization got to me because I'm running a fever now. The only cure would be APFMH, that'd jam the fucking germs straight out of me.

One word:

MEXICO

Anyway pretty sure that the rest of the band will work on some new music, I don't understand why those B cities were selling so bad... would you give me some explanation for that Hahn?

Also the chance of more debuts is unlikely, when Chester comes back they won't have time to rehearse they'll stick with the current set that they perform flawless.

Edited by OrangeChester

I feel there's a lot of markets still in planning, like Asia, Australia, and South America. No way they'd just skip over them. Granted, they might be shorter tours but it's something.

I'm staying optimistic about rescheduling the current tour. At least the bigger shows like Brooklyn will be rescheduled. I was so hyped, I think the realization got to me because I'm running a fever now. The only cure would be APFMH, that'd jam the fucking germs straight out of me.

Hopefully a Australian tour!!!

Also the chance of more debuts is unlikely, when Chester comes back they won't have time to rehearse they'll stick with the current set that they perform flawless.

They just have to take the time to rehearse new stuff, it's as easy as that. They did the bare minimum before this tour.

I really can't tell what they would do because they are unpredictable. But here are possibilities:

Recording:

Studio time and writing (Mike is already writing)

That could lead to an EP/LP

Possible acoustic sessions? It would be a rest for Chester

Live:

Who knows what to expect, this isn't as bad as when a musician enters rehab but there's no way that the entire tour would restart. Maybe most of the shows that they cancelled. They have more time for rehearsals now but will they use that?

Side projects:

Mike might not do anything with Fort Minor but we will get something from him in some way, maybe he will collab with another artist or group, he is very into that now. Hell, maybe even Brad or Rob will lend their talents to some other artist's material, Brad has become good at programming, producing, and finally guitar.

Still counting on stuff from LP because they said that this would be an LP Heavy year

Honestly, probably nothing aside from potential writing from Mike for LP7.

As much as I want this tour to be re-scheduled in the summer, they're not even going to consider it. Hell, any NA tour where they hit similar places (even the closest big cities to the B cities of the canceled shows) is highly unlikely. Shame, since they're going to be around the US anyways for the festivals, it wouldn't be too crazy to schedule some kind of small tour especially since they know they've disappointed a lot of NA people with this cancellation.

Also really sucks for the Calgary Summit that got canceled. I think I have a better chance getting struck by lightning as I type right now than them re-scheduling another summit in Calgary. Don't think Canada is ever going to get another summit, and any potential shows in general are far, far away since THP is basically done. Maybe 2017.

Blehh, really upset about this. Not quite at the Geki level but it sucks.

I was told Phoenix said at the Amsterdam Summit that the band does not plan to tour Asia for THP. Maybe that has to do with album sales there.

Perhaps the rest of the year they'll do these USA festivals, do South America and Australia, and then a European run in August.

I'm not sure why the B cities were selling badly. Floor was available for the entire tour except Brooklyn, I believe. THP didn't sell many copies in the USA and lacked a big radio single. Blame the disagreement between LP/WBR for that on the lead single. GATS then UIG was a disaster. LP wanted GATS, WBR wanted UIG. They should have agreed to disagree and dropped Wastelands or something. However, LP is at the point in their career where they can really do what they want and if they want The Catalyst and GATS to be lead singles, then fuck it that's what the lead singles will be.

Orlando had a really good crowd. Nashville and Indianapolis were really small (7-8,000) and the trend would have of course continued as they got to these "middle of nowhere" places further into the tour. Atlantic City and Brooklyn would have been fine, and maybe a few in Canada.

I guess we'll have to try and see the band in May and June in the USA. What I would REALLY like is if they add in some random headlining shows between these festivals. As of now, LP is playing just on the weekends on those two months. Add some mid-week headlining shows and that'd be a nice treat. There's no way they make up an entire mediocre-selling B city tour, but I could see them playing NYC and a few other big cities maybe.

I think they definitely will perform some more THP songs, but it will be on a not THP tour. Mike is probably already writing new stuff, since he isn't on tour.

Why try to predict what's next? Let the band surprise us.

Don't worry, they will surprise us (for example no new THP songs on THP tour), no matter how hard we try to predict what's next. It's more about speculating rather than predicting.

Why don't they just reschedule those shows when Chester is able to perform?

Easier said than done. Scheduling a tour to begin with is a nightmare in itself. It's not like these arenas have their doors open waiting for LP to play there. Most of these places have a lot of other events taking place that they need to schedule around. Plus a lot of these shows weren't even selling well due to their odd locations. I wouldn't doubt that they would be losing some money on this tour, even if it was continued it as planned.

Why don't they just reschedule those shows when Chester is able to perform?

They could definitely find the time to redo the entire tour. But it's a B city tour and is probably selling worse for them than they thought. If this was some A city tour with 20-25 shows across America/Canada and almost completely sold out, you'd for sure see them reschedule.

I predict LP will come to New Orleans. Somehow, someway.

In all seriousness I think Mike will be doing SOMETHING music related. He was in the state of mind to tour and play music every night, and now that's been pulled from under him. I doubt he'll just go do nothing at home. Actually that goes for everyone, including Chester.

When they hit the road again, I think LP may play a few US dates to "make up" for the cancelation, but I think they'll hit their usual spots rather than the cities they had scheduled.