Mike performing on The Tonight Show on June 19th

hahninator

LPA reports that Mike will be performing on "The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon" on June 19th, the night before his album release show at New York City's Gramercy Theatre.

The release week events include a signing at Looney Tunes on June 18th, this Tonight Show performance, and the Gramercy show. It's shaping up to be a great week in NYC.

Tickets for the day are unfortunately already sold out.

You just fill in and request them. But they go up for grabs a month early. It's too late now, there aren't any left for this one.

If you want to stand in line at 9am for a chance to be on the wait list (then get your number and come back at 3:30) you can try that too for the standby line.

Similar to when he did Conan few years back with FM. I signed up for tickets for that one soon as it was announced but never got them. Was such a bummer. Lucky those who get to see Jimmy Fallon and Mike though!

Similar to when he did Conan few years back with FM. I signed up for tickets for that one soon as it was announced but never got them. Was such a bummer. Lucky those who get to see Jimmy Fallon and Mike though!

Damn, that sucks about Conan. I think the only U.S. appearances he did for Fort Minor in 2015 were Conan and that show in L.A., that was it. But yeah, if you were already attending Fallon on that day or you lived in NYC and got a ticket or whatever, pretty cool. I still wouldn't travel just for a song or two, but that's just me.

I wonder what Mike will play... Ghosts? Since it's the newest single off of the album? Although the album will be out worldwide for a few days by the time he plays Fallon so who knows. Probably Ghosts, though.

I think Crossing A Line. Wouldn't be a big loss, my least favorite song released so far.

Good bet, why did I not think of that? Lol. It is the big single for the album. I guess because so many songs have been released that I forgot that somewhat.

If he doesn't play Right Now...

Because playing a never-performed non-single from an album released 13 years ago under a different name totally makes sense when you're doing album release promo appearances. Lmfao. Might as well play X-Ecutioner Style too while he's at it...

I also wouldn't say it's a sure thing that the Roots will back him for the performance, guys.

Edited by Astat

LOL I'm not gonna lie, I thought about Right Now when I first heard that Mike was gonna play The Tonight Show, but c'mon, he's not gonna play that. It would be cool but there's like a 99% chance he won't. He's obviously going to play a song off of Post Traumatic since that's the entire reason he is going on the show, to promote it. I agree with JZE too, Black Thought probably doesn't even remember that song, although it was a really good song, one of my favorite off of TRT.

If there is even any trace of a song like Right Now on the show.. it'll probably be like Mike and Black Thought rapping what they remember of their verses while Questlove plays a drum beat... probably like messing around during a commercial break or something.

He's not going to use airtime to play a song from 13 years ago when, at the time of this show, he'll have had an album debut 4 days prior.