New Linkin Park album in mid-2012

Nikita

From HitFix exclusive interview @ Sundance 2012:

Linkin Park is about to announce 2012 tour dates, and Shinoda says fans can expect the active rock band's fifth full-length album "mid-year." LP's last LP was 2010's critically praised "A Thousand Suns."

There's also a video of this interview (link below).

Source.

Mike talking about tour dates and new album at 4:05

Edited by Nikita

Great news, very much looking forward to the record! Although it feels a bit strange to be talking about a new record so "soon" (in "LP years") after the last record. Good to see they're still committed to releasing more music, more often.

I think people are maybe misinterpreting Mr Trapanese's comments about Mike/Linkin Park being "pop" music. He's contrasting his experience of working in the film industry to Mike's experience working in the popular/contemporary/modern-day music industry. He uses the term "pop" in a generic sense, as an umbrella term for modern music, where the focus on records/singles/radio differs entirely from his work of scoring music for motion pictures. I think he could have said this regardless of what pop/rock/punk/metal/hip hop/dance artist was sat next to him, simply to refer to the industry they work in. In a generic sense, Linkin Park music is "pop" (popular/modern) music. Beethoven, for example - not so much.

Edited by M_Macd

hahahah the pop music thing is funny , but sadly its somehow true .. the last album there were like 4 "harder" songs?

There is so much wrong with this I could... oh, it's not worth it.

I think people are maybe misinterpreting Mr Trapanese's comments about Mike/Linkin Park being "pop" music. He's contrasting his experience of working in the film industry to Mike's experience working in the popular/contemporary/modern-day music industry. He uses the term "pop" in a generic sense, as an umbrella term for modern music, where the focus on records/singles/radio differs entirely from his work of scoring music for motion pictures. I think he could have said this regardless of what pop/rock/punk/metal/hip hop/dance artist was sat next to him, simply to refer to the industry they work in. In a generic sense, Linkin Park music is "pop" (popular/modern) music. Beethoven, for example - not so much.

Hit the nail on the head.

Just like to point out that my earlier statement was sarcasm, in case the capital letters and excessive punctuation didn't tip anyone off.

Can't wait to hear what this album sounds like. More so than perhaps any other artist (alongside Muse, perhaps), I genuinely have no idea what each LP record will sound like, and that's really, really exciting. I don't see how people could prefer bands to just churn out the same old thing over and over, where's the excitement in that?

There is so much wrong with this I could... oh, it's not worth it.

Hit the nail on the head.

Just like to point out that my earlier statement was sarcasm, in case the capital letters and excessive punctuation didn't tip anyone off.

Can't wait to hear what this album sounds like. More so than perhaps any other artist (alongside Muse, perhaps), I genuinely have no idea what each LP record will sound like, and that's really, really exciting. I don't see how people could prefer bands to just churn out the same old thing over and over, where's the excitement in that?

Exactly, agree with everything that was mentioned above.

They said:

- we gonna finish your new album at the end of 2011

- new album early 2012

- new album before summer

- now mid-2012

amen

can't wait to hear new stuff

When did they ever mention the album would be out before this interview...never. Rick Rubin said they were much further on in the process, he never gave a release date, I'm intrigued as to where you think they said this. Though of course I may just have not as paid as much attention to news over the past few months :/

Chester said, that he were shocked when they not realease an Album in 2012 ...so the goal to release an Album in 2012 was there.

Moreover with the rock am ring news, would announce a date...Summer 2012 which is mid of the year. But nobody wanted believe that..and now mike confirm this.

I think mid year is the deadline and the album will be out.