Proggy sound

SergSlim

While listening to the XFM Radio (London), trying to record the Stone Temple Pilots interview, LESTAT caught radio's anchorperson talking about Linkin Park:

I had someone come in and play me brand new Linkin Park material in the wake. Someone from the management company. This is no lie. Came in to the XFM studio with a cop from America who would flown over with the one copy of the 6-track sampler of the new Linkin Park album and basically this cop's job was to guard it at all times. This is the true story. It really was the case of the new material being on the lock and key. But it was really good and actually very different. If you're one of those people who thought that Linkin Park have made the same album 3 times as far as their new studio releases go, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this new one. There's rapping on it, but not the kind of rock-rap type of stuff that Mike Shinoda has done in the past. And the track is going to be the first single. At its full-length is almost proggy in places. It's very very good. Lots of take in, lots of new layers coming with the Linkin Park sound. And of course they have confirmed the full UK tour.

You can download this part here

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find!

Proggy definition: Used to describe pyschadelic music with progressive tone changes, ie, progessive music. This music is so progressive that it is foggy and the notes kind of just float mid-air, barely changing at all. Also can be used when touting progressive music that you feel is exceptionally trippy. A stoner type term.

Edited by LPjahova808

Nice find!

Proggy definition: Used to describe pyschadelic music with progressive tone changes, ie, progessive music. This music is so progressive that it is foggy and the notes kind of just float mid-air, barely changing at all. Also can be used when touting progressive music that you feel is exceptionally trippy. A stoner type term.

Now define 'foggy' and 'trippy' please :)

the wait is almost over.. PLUS a 6 track sampler... these days a lot of stuff leaks so maybe someday we can get that sampler.

Think that the guy on the XFM said that the sampler was guarded by a cop, and most likely returned to where it came from... but maybe later on we'll be able to get our hands on it

the wait is almost over.. PLUS a 6 track sampler... these days a lot of stuff leaks so maybe someday we can get that sampler.

Did you miss the part about the law enforcement officer protecting that disc. Warner has learned from years upon years of leaking music.

Nah, i read that part

but do you think that is the only cd sampler in existence???

no wayyyy, im positive that another sampler will leak.

I'd be willing to bet it is, only because if one sampler is that important to have the cop, then they wouldn't be giving out other ones.

Sounds awesome. Maybe something will leak in the near future. I think most people knew that the music wasn't going to sound like HT or Meteora. They weren't going back to that. I'm still hoping for a M2M and HT mix (like Chester said) even though the chance of that actually happening is small. Absolutely hilarious how he talks about people who think that all three albums have sounded identical. The only people who still think that are people who have disliked the band so much from the start that they let their bias keep them from seeing that the band has evolved and changed. Or people that have serious comprehension problems.

I think the wait is coming to an end. And I bet this 'proggy' sound is like Lockjaw stuff or LOATR remix, like this modern drum n' bass stuff. And the rap I think is gonna be more agressive and straight, like Dedicated or the rap of Blackbirds, I hope I'll be right

Edited by loxias