User ranks! / Contributors

[AndOne]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10,000 posts or the Xero show from 1997 :P

But seriously, since you are registered for over a year now, you can have one. Think about it wisely and PM me about it.

We only have to be registered for a year to get a custom title?

Ok, it's not an official rule but let's make it one. So, if you are registered for 1 year or more (with a minimum of 100 posts!), you can PM me with a custom title.

If you want to change it you have to wait another year :P so think about it wisely.

Getting a custom title with a certain amount is not a good idea imo. Rather someone who is loyal instead of someone who just posts a lot.

Ok, it's not an official rule but let's make it one. So, if you are registered for 1 year or more (with a minimum of 100 posts!), you can PM me with a custom title.

If you want to change it you have to wait another year :P so think about it wisely.

Getting a custom title with a certain amount is not a good idea imo. Rather someone who is loyal instead of someone who just posts a lot.

Didn't mean to start anything :P

• 1 year later...

Just a thought......

I think that the first 100 members or the members who have been a member for X amount of days and still post and visit the site regularly should get a contributor or a VIP status.

This will probably get shot down, but I think it would be a good way for the site and staff to show appreciation for those loyal members.

Just a brief stats for this:

Out of 20 people who were the first 20 registered on the forums:

3 - are Staff members

4 - VIPs

2 - Contributors

3 - haven't logged in since 2009

8 - regular members

Out of 60:

3 - Staff

5 - VIPs

8 - Contributors

14 - haven't logged in since 2009

Rest are regular members :)

Just a brief stats for this:

Out of 20 people who were the first 20 registered on the forums:

3 - are Staff members

4 - VIPs

2 - Contributors

3 - haven't logged in since 2009

8 - regular members

Out of 60:

3 - Staff

5 - VIPs

8 - Contributors

14 - haven't logged in since 2009

Rest are regular members :)

I don't see your point

I think that the user ranks should be looked at again as the site is growing, and more people have hit the 1000 post mark and have capped out.

Maybe at 1500 or something, a user can have the option of creating their own user rank?

-------

And I disagree with the first 100 people to register. Just because you were a little more on the ball then some other people, that doesn't entitle you to anything. Now, if you are a contributing member and are active in one way or another, say, finding mistakes in the shows on the main site, or help people out in the forums when the have questions, then yes, you are a contributor to the site and should be recognized as such.

As far as VIPs go, from what I remember, most if not all of them are former mods/staff.

And I disagree with the first 100 people to register. Just because you were a little more on the ball then some other people, that doesn't entitle you to anything. Now, if you are a contributing member and are active in one way or another, say, finding mistakes in the shows on the main site, or help people out in the forums when the have questions, then yes, you are a contributor to the site and should be recognized as such.

I was the 66th member to join. Go figure.

As far as VIPs go, from what I remember, most if not all of them are former mods/staff.

Adam is the only non-former staff member to be VIP. Unless Shinoda himself has an account that we can identify...

I was the 66th member to join. Go figure.

Ya, weren't there alot of phantom accounts when the site was re-launched? I remember that being a topic of conversation, I think on the IRC channel.

Adam is the only non-former staff member to be VIP. Unless Shinoda himself has an account that we can identify...

Let's get on that... Seth, do a trace!!!

Member No.: 317

LOL. I was a bit late at registering here.... :)

I guess Sal also isn't a former staff member to have such a status.

• 2 months later...

I still think the first X amount of members who still post regularly and are active with LPL should get some special status.....

i thought we have covered this.