Favorite Videos

hahninator

Since we only have two days until the first show in Istanbul, kicking off the summer 2009 tour, I thought I'd get a discussion going on your favorite Linkin Park live videos from the past year or two.

If you have any favorite moments caught on video from the Minutes To Midnight Touring Cycle (2007-2008), then reply with a link where we can check it out.

Some of my favorites are:

-No More Sorrow opening the shows:

-Mike in the crowd during A Place For My Head:

Everyone excited for the first show coming up?

Mike in the crowd is awesome!

Here are two from Rock In Rio, 2008:

In The End:

A Place For My Head:

Then Mike running as fast as he can to get on stage for One Step Closer.

Mike getting hit by a bra -

Classic!

I had an old recording from 2003 of LP playing Easier To Run. Before the song, Mike says "That's disguising. You see that's why we come back here. To have some one throw their dirty garments at us." Not exact quote, but I do believe it was a shirt thrown at him.

Edited by Southpaw

if you ask me there is NO video from the past 2 years which id add to my fav ones.

i mean look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywOlerDUcQ in comparision with this:

if you ignore the quality of the VIDEO and just compare the qualities of the PERFORMANCE...i mean..there is a huge difference, in 2000 the show is more kicking and powerful and also kinda individual...you can literally feel em in the crowd...

2007 sucked, 2008 sucked even more, 2009 will be just ridiculous!

i know ppl will tell now "get over the past!", "they developed", "theyre getting older" and stuff, but THIS IS THE FACT and you cant deny it.

I have to agree with Lord_Arthas, Faint Rock Am Ring 2007 rocks. This is the best performance of Chester I've seen. He mixes rock 'n' roll vocals with metal vocals in the ending, I've never heard anything like it, it's sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe7okyqG6zs

Also, I love One Step Closer from the same concert, people go nuts. The band does an exelent performance. I love the bridge, with all the hands and Brads expression:

Edited by Fleur de Lys

if you ask me there is NO video from the past 2 years which id add to my fav ones.

i mean look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywOlerDUcQ in comparision with this:

if you ignore the quality of the VIDEO and just compare the qualities of the PERFORMANCE...i mean..there is a huge difference, in 2000 the show is more kicking and powerful and also kinda individual...you can literally feel em in the crowd...

2007 sucked, 2008 sucked even more, 2009 will be just ridiculous!

i know ppl will tell now "get over the past!", "they developed", "theyre getting older" and stuff, but THIS IS THE FACT and you cant deny it.

This one is better than rock in rio 2008....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNa0Cw5hZQQ

This one is better than rock in rio 2008....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNa0Cw5hZQQ

Oh yeah !!! I agree with you in 100 % This was my favorite for some time. This perfomance is awesome + he came to crowd and they sang together and its mixing in the end of song, wow! Edited by Lord_Arthas

@MrPool, It's not fair to compare the old shows to recordings from Rock In Rio, the audio mixing of those videos totally kills them, they suck ass. I hate that show. Now compare it to the videos I posted instead. I agree, they had more energy back then, but who can blame them? You see what happened to Chester from jumping down from risers for 10 years, and we don't want that do we? They ARE getting older, and that's just the way it is.

Musically, I think they are a lot tighter now and the sound have improved at their shows. Saying the new shows suck is retarded. I even met LP haters, who admitted they kicked ass at festival shows last year.

And are you basing your point on recordings? Did you go to any of the 2007-08 shows? Cause it's a lot different to just watch it on YouTube than to actually being there. If you go to a show, try to compare the overall energy, not only from the band but the whole thing, to other bands shows.

Oh yeah !!! I agree with you in 100 % This was my favorite for some time. This perfomance is awesome + he came to crowd and they sang together and its mixing in the end of song, wow!

I was there. It was great. And in Rock In Rio 2008 too. And I think that the performance of poins of authority in that show was the best or one the best performances of that song in 2008.

And are you basing your point on recordings? Did you go to any of the 2007-08 shows? Cause it's a lot different to just watch it on YouTube than to actually being there. If you go to a show, try to compare the overall energy, not only from the band but the whole thing, to other bands shows.

yes i was in hannover, it was the first 2008 show, january 16th.

what should should i say, it was awesome of course, alone coz of the fact that ive seen em! but after all i had the impression that they just did their thing on stage and just went on without any emotions..for example they alsmost didnt talk to the crwod of made some fun or something...

i dont like the idea that they wanna implement some DBS trax into Lp shows druing the upcoming Europe/Asia tour.

that means that they have to kick out some lp songs..i bet it will be some harder songs where chester cannot just stay in front of the mic-stander and do his thing...