Authenticity question- music sheet & autos

Hey guys, I came across this from a friend and I'm skeptical since I've never seen Mike sign this way. Also, anyone know if this is a real sheet of music from them? any help is appreciated

post-126825-0-12403400-1432123773_thumb.png

Edited by loulax07

I doubt that Numb, or even any of their material, is written on sheet music. There is no need for it because they write and record simultaneously into Pro Tools. The only time I think they would use sheet music would be for string arrangements. I don't think that this is the case for this picture.

The autographs are a different story though. I'm not sure about those.

I doubt that Numb, or even any of their material, is written on sheet music. There is no need for it because they write and record simultaneously into Pro Tools. The only time I think they would use sheet music would be for string arrangements. I don't think that this is the case for this picture.

The autographs are a different story though. I'm not sure about those.

interesting, thank u

It looks like a page out of one of those unofficial music books, looks quite similar to this. Like DevinS already said, they don't write this stuff down, unless for string arrangements maybe, for example Breaking The Habit.

The signatures looks suspicious to me. I'm not sure if everyone always had the same signature, but especially the BBB looks too sloppy. They all looks really off, Mike used to do the LP below his name but it totally doesn't look like him. Those really look like imitations. Is the one on the bottom supposed to be Rob? I'm also counting only 5 signatures.

The Chester and Rob signatures look similar to other signed items I have from them, the Joe one is kind of passable...the other 3 aren't even close IMO.

The term "authentic sheet music" is relative. There are "official" sheet music books of LP music that are licensed by the band/WBR, but they aren't actually transcribed by them so they're just as prone to errors as any non-official transcription (they basically just paid an employee of one of the big sheet music publishers like Hal Leonard to transcribe the stuff for them). Same goes for guitar tab books, or even the lyrics printed in the album booklets in some cases.

I don't think any members of LP actually do any kind of sheet music scoring with their material unless its necessary, like when they're putting together string arrangements. I know at least a couple of them (Mike and Rob from their piano background, and probably Phoenix due to his experience with stringed instruments) CAN read and transcribe sheet music, but they rarely do.