2015.06.25 - Monterrey, NL - Arena Monterrey

header_zpsqtanfq95.jpg

This is LPJZ, formerly known as LINKINJOZE, as you may know, this is my first preshow post and a very special one because I am attending the Monterrey show. Linkin Park returns for their second show ever in Monterrey, after the great response that they had 3 years ago during the Living Things Tour. Our guys will be performing at the same venue: the Arena Monterrey.

The band promised the Monterrey fans to come back! The previous show was free; I wish it wasn't because it was extremely hard to get tickets. I had to travel 3 times to Monterrey in order to get a ticket (I LIVE 6 HOURS AWAY). On the first trip, I had to personally sign up for the contest (No internet sign up allowed), second time to grab my ticket for the show and a few days later I came back for the show. Thanks MTV for ‘My Suffering’ but it was totally worth it in order to enjoy my first show ever after being an LP fan since 2001.

11652261_1627679817477480_1931734529_n.j

Linkin Park performed in Monterrey almost 3 years ago - that show was so unique in different ways. It was the return of the band after 10 years of absence since their last show in Mexico City along with Korn and Static-X. The stage was a little bit different thanks to the production crew of MTV. The performance was part of MTV's series of World Stage concerts which aired in October 5, 2012. Also, the LP boys won a EMA in 2013 for Best World Stage and the performance got released with the Deluxe version of The Hunting Party! Mike borrowed Chester's Green Guitar Project guitar for ‘Lost In The Echo’. Which other show has all these interesting facts? Probably a bunch.

That night, Garbage played too. They stopped the show in order to bring in a Mariachi and get some tequilas, cool huh?

The band played Set B, which had ‘A Place For My Head’ as the opening song, with the mysterious, hype-creating long intro. For sure it was one of the best APFMH performances ever! The crowd totally exploded during the whole song the band totally nailed it and Chester screamed so powerful that we will never forget it; pretty sure that some of you guys love it too. The rest of the night went great... the highlights of that night were ‘The Catalyst’, ‘Victimized/QWERTY’, ‘In The End’, ‘Bleed It Out’, ‘Papercut/Lying From You’. I’m probably wrong - the whole show was a highlight!

What can we expect for tonight show? Probably the same set that they played the 23rd at Mexico City, which featured some cool changes to the set! You won't be expecting some of these. If you want to check what they played, click here; I am really trying to avoid some spoilers, but I will tell you one: I won two Meet and Greet passes and I will ask Mike twice to rap ‘Hands Held High’ or ‘When They Come For Me’ during his solo medley and to dedicate it to the hardcore fans of LPLive. This is my first time meeting the band, I have been a fan since 2001 and I'm really feeling like the kid who fell in love with LP music when he was only 13 years old, now I am 26 and I still love the band and for sure I will always be a soldier.

The show is about to be sold out, it probably will not but I can guarantee that the crowd from Monterrey will get extremely crazy during the whole show, especially me, your friend LPJZ.

As an extra, this is what I will get signed:
I designed it back in 2012 based on a photo that I shot; I remixed it yesterday in order to add Phoenix and Rob. Hope you like it!

Thanks for Mark & Dylan for all your help!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here. They finish their North American summer shows by playing Loudwire Festival in Colorado on the 27th and Summerfest in Milwaukee on the 30th.

As an extra, this is what I will get signed:

I designed it back in 2012 based on a photo that I shot; I remixed it yesterday in order to add Phoenix and Rob. Hope you like it!

Nice picture, but you forgot about Joe, he is as visible on the original picture as Rob is.

Nice picture, but you forgot about Joe, he is as visible on the original picture as Rob is.

Well in the original picture, Rob did not appear :D

Sorry Mr. Hahn... probably my least favorite member.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=853821BED6351E81!19449&authkey=!AE-pMr0oCFi6Y5w&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Great post JZE :) Glad to have helped you work on it. Enjoy the show!

Glad you like it, I will unleash my beast at the show for sure, it will be interesting to read more comments :D

Great job on the post! :)

You've been a fan of LP for a very long time. It's crazy how hard Monterrey 2012 to get a ticket was....you almost never hear of that.

And if they play ALITS you will blow up :D

Glad you like it, thanks for letting me write it in my own style.

Yeah man i'm starting to feel old, at the concert i'll probably see a bunch of teenies lol

It was freaking hell dude, I did not metion that I signed up for the contest to get a ticket and I fucking win, there's was no guarantee that if you sign up you automatically win, great days.

Hopefully they'll play it!

Good post LPJZ.I hope you enjoy the show and who knows...maybe they will play APFMH for you

Thanks for your nice wish, I'm glad you enjoyed the preshow post, any question about LP in Mexico you can ask me anytime.

Didn't they abandon the Solo-Medley in favor of Remember The Name?

Yes. Instead of Mike's solo medley, he's performing a shortened RTN and then LP is performing a full Welcome.

Same set as Mexico City. Chester dedicated the rest of the set (starting with the encore) to Christopher. Video: https://www.facebook.com/LinkinParkMexico/videos/889109151127416/

Just watched the Crawling video on the Loudwire page and noticed that Joe messed up a sample in the prechorus after the second verse. He played one of the intro samples instead of the lighter ones. Probably worth putting in the show notes.

Were two posts on this necessary? :P

• 2 months later...

Thx to all the people who enjoyed my preshow post, I had a blast at the show I want to share some of the videos that I recorded.. they turned out really well it was always a dream to record my own stuff with a nice zoom it was really hard to record this from the pit.

Hopefully someday I could record a full show

My favorite one, full song I love the energy on this one

I don't like What I've Done is one of my least favorite songs ever but the fucking guitar solo is really amazing, this video startst exactly in the moment of the solo I love the way I recorded this one.

I had some problems with my camera and lost the intro of the song

This one was the hardest to record, the crowd was super crazy , Chester and Mike were at the hallway in the middle I don't know how the fuck I recorded that I was on the left side of the stage.

• 6 years later...