New Fort Minor Album

Bliss

I thought Id make a thread on LPL since there is one on LPA about it.

Mike said in a chat that a new Fort Minor album should be out after LP's 6th studio album. Obviously we don't know when this will be or if it will ever actually come out, but he said one was coming (unlike his usual response of "focusing my energy into LP").

So my question is what would you want it to sound? and what do you think it would like it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which chat was it? I'm shocked the forum's not fucking blowing up right now.

As long as he doesn't choose shitty artists to feature on it (not that he did last time, just as a general thing) then I don't really care what it sounds like. It'll probably outclass whatever LP puts out before it.

Wait, this is about that offhand comment he made like two months ago? There's really a topic for that now? I thought there had been another impromptu chat.

There's no way Mike was serious about that. He gets hounded about the damn album every single chat, he probably threw us a bone that one time.

Wait, this is about that offhand comment he made like two months ago? There's really a topic for that now? I thought there had been another impromptu chat.

There's no way Mike was serious about that. He gets hounded about the damn album every single chat, he probably threw us a bone that one time.

Usually he says, all my energy is focused on LP, this time he gave a different response.

And whether it does or does not happen, we can still discuss what we would want a new FM album sounds like

If you guys honestly believe there will be another FM album, if ever, or anytime soon, you guys need to realize that it's probably not going to happen. I don't even need to explain why. Same goes for DBS most likely.

• 4 months later...

LP is literally in the middle of making two albums and preparing for a tour. Fort Minor will not happen until Linkin Park breaks up, mark my words.

:lol: , disagree, i guess he will release another album in the next few years.

:lol: , disagree, i guess he will release another album in the next few years.

I agree with Skipees. Mike is 36. Nowhere near the end of his musical career, yet if he waits for LP to break up before working on a FM album, that might mean making a hip hop album in his mid 40's - early 50's. I really just don't think that an LP breakup will happen anytime in the near future. Maybe I'm crazy to think that way, I don't know.

Then again it's entirely possible to do the album at that stage in his career. I mean the last FM record was produced by Jay-Z, who just released an album at 43 years old. It just seems less likely to me for some reason.

I really just don't think that an LP breakup will happen anytime in the near future. Maybe I'm crazy to think that way, I don't know.

further to spraypaint comment, Chester is gonna record, release, and tour for full album with STP. these things takes time = free time for Mike, another Fort Minor album. other than that maybe Mike even happy that Chester joined to STP, that's letting him time to do something else. Edited by Skipees

I don't know, maybe I'm just sick of the near-constant begging and whining for more Fort Minor in the eight years since the album came out.

As I've said before, I'm not going to believe there's a new Fort Minor album until that fucker is in my hands.

I don't know, maybe I'm just sick of the near-constant begging and whining for more Fort Minor in the eight years since the album came out.

so you will be surprised when it will release, win-win situation.

Word.

Yeah that's a good point... kind of like a hiatus for LP. I think no matter how many side projects there are, they'll always come back to LP eventually though. A break might be nice though and give the members time to explore other opportunities.

2005/2006 all over again? Oh boy.

........you're right. Honestly, I wouldn't really mind if he came out and said that he's decided TRT was a one time deal. I wouldn't be particularly shocked either, I mean it's true that TRT was 8 years ago. I just really like the FM project in general, and Mike's more hip hop oriented production. Personally I like FM more than DBS or STP. I was just saying if Chester did decide he wants to finish the STP album and do a full touring cycle, that would mean downtime for LP members anyway. So if the opportunity presents itself, then I would hope he thinks about another FM record. If not, then so be it.

When I said a break would be nice, I didn't mean "I hope Mike and Chester sit down and decide to put LP on hiatus in favor of Fort Minor". lol I just think that there's a strong possibility Chester will want to do a full touring cycle with STP, since it's a fairly huge name (bigger than DBS or FM for sure), which would clear up the guys' schedules.