A Reminder

nkramar

*shrugs. i mean if you preordered any of the editions of lp.com you get the catalyst as soon as it becomes available. Smoking kills :X

i work for a huge retail chain. once the album is in our backroom i snatch it, buy it, and have it like a week or 2 earlier(all depends on when we get it in). thats why i wont preorder.

smoking is good for you. i may not be able to run for long periods of time, but boy do i look cool with a cigarette in my hand :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work for a huge retail chain. once the album is in our backroom i snatch it, buy it, and have it like a week or 2 earlier(all depends on when we get it in). thats why i wont preorder.

smoking is good for you. i may not be able to run for long periods of time, but boy do i look cool with a cigarette in my hand :)

Posted Image

not really allowed to do that though. everybody at work knows how huge of an lp fan i am so they pretend not to notice. if you try to scan it, the register will say something like: NO SALE ALLOWED before 9/14/10. so i have someone manually key in the price and BOOM there you have it.

employee discount too. having a shitty job sometimes has its perks.

Edited by deadnbloated

I'm buying the special edition from HMV, no questions asked.

The Catalyst on the other hand... unless i can get a physical CD from a store I probably will DL' it somewhere. IF i had a credit/debit card I'd buy it instantly, so its never a question of money for me. I just wish everything wasnt so credit card heavy these days.

not really allowed to do that though. everybody at work knows how huge of an lp fan i am so they pretend not to notice. if you try to scan it, the register will say something like: NO SALE ALLOWED before 9/14/10. so i have someone manually key in the price and BOOM there you have it.

employee discount too. having a shitty job sometimes has its perks.

I have a feeling I might know where you work, but I'd be careful. Certain items are so hyped, if they're sold early, the company faces a large penalty for that. My former job once faced $10,000 if ONE copy of the a certain DVD was sold, but the box somehow made its way out onto the floor. Think of an Easter Egg hunt with a crazy amount of pressure.

Sorry if that seems like a lecture, but I've seen long time employees get in a lot of trouble for this stuff.

I have a feeling I might know where you work, but I'd be careful. Certain items are so hyped, if they're sold early, the company faces a large penalty for that. My former job once faced $10,000 if ONE copy of the a certain DVD was sold, but the box somehow made its way out onto the floor. Think of an Easter Egg hunt with a crazy amount of pressure.

Sorry if that seems like a lecture, but I've seen long time employees get in a lot of trouble for this stuff.

no no you are absolutley right. its a violation of policy. not allowed. when it comes to BIG game/game system or dvd /cd releases, security is tight around them. (think halo. i was allowed to hold the game only under supervision) but 9.9 times out of ten cd releases dont seem to be held in as high regard for some reason. like i said, the register itself will try to block the sale, but thats about it. its manually keyed in as "CD" and the sale is completed and very difficult to trace, as its logged in the records simply as "CD", not "LINKIN PARK CD". upc would still match up though. now when it comes to in store exclusive albums,or a game/cd/dvd that comes with a ton of promo displays, i wouldnt risk it.

overall...if we were debating this matter, you would win simply because what im doing falls under the catagory of "wrong" lol.

EDIT: pretty much, the day the cd comes in they will let me know and they will either say "here you go enjoy" or "you should probably wait." if they say im better off waiting i will. but usually its not a big deal. i think it should also be noted that im not enough of an asshole to leak it.

Edited by deadnbloated

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my family isn't even close to 'rich' but I wouldn't mind saving 25-30$ and buying the album, but neither mine, nor dad's cards works in itunes...*sigh*

MP3 Preorder isn't on iTunes, so you can easily preorder it on Linkinpark.com

• 2 years later...