A Reminder

nkramar

We seem to go through this every time a new Linkin Park release is planned, but LPLive staff would like to remind all users that links and requests for links to official materials in our forums will not be tolerated.

As such, we are going to be enforcing a strict ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY in conjunction with both the release of the single for the Catalyst as well as A Thousand Suns.

Posts requesting links - even those requesting response via PM - for the single or album will be met with an immediate suspension for a month from our forums, no questions asked.

Posts containing links to official materials will result in the immediate, permanent ban of the user.

Staff will be monitoring both the forums and the Shoutbox rather carefully. Consider this your first and only warning.

- LPL Staff -

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Though this will probably need to be repeated once Catalyst comes out. A lot of people come here just on those days, so they'll miss this warning.

Hence the reason it's pinned.

This actually shouldn't have to be said. Anything official is prohibited as outlined in our forum rules, so by even posting a reminder, it's redundant.

they'll be some people asking regardless. People just get too excited. I have on occassion been the one to ask for official materials once i've heard it's leaked. But as someone said, if you can't afford 99p/99 cents then, why do you bother supporting the band...YOU CHEAPSKATES! hahahaha

It should also be reminded that previous 'Official' LP studio albums, live albums & dsps from their website, underground series, singles, side-projects and their mash-up albums are also on the banned list so dont bother posting them up either. Either buy the cds, get them from off official online music shops or go torrent (at your own risk).

Id hate to see a wonderful site get shut down by some people not listening to the rules, its oblivously there for good reason so please go read them.

Edited by crusader25

I agree with this. LP put a lot of energy for this album ...and for the others , but there is one thing that stays always in my mind.

People like me who lives in a country where when an album comes from a band like LP it's so expensive for us .

For US citizens what's 25 $ (example ) for people like me in Bulgaria 25 lv (leva) which is ( 10 $) are a lot . Here we live each day with 5-10 lv. I remember the last album MTM here was like 25 lv. in UK was 20 pounds. What i mean is that some people can't afford to buy or even use their debit/credit cards because of the shipping costs .

That's why some of us always download torrents and e.t.c

Some of us are happy when bazinga! put for download all of their tracks , exclusives and e.t.c.

I know that this is not right , I know that this is like stealing from LP .

But until our fucked up countries are f*cking us just to make money on our backs , i think this will never end .

I hope some of you will understand us .

P.S at least i can promise that i won't bother anyone here via PM to send something.

For this kind of situations there is always one web site that will make us happy. You know for which one i am talking about . :)

Edited by Chester_LP

For this kind of situations there is always one web site that will make us happy. You know for which one i am talking about . :)

You mean the one that has stolen every single piece of worthwhile news and media they have posted over the course of their entire existence from other fansites without giving any credit whatsoever?

I agree with this. LP put a lot of energy for this album ...and for the others , but there is one thing that stays always in my mind.

People like me who lives in a country where when an album comes from a band like LP it's so expensive for us .

For US citizens what's 25 $ (example ) for people like me in Bulgaria 25 lv (leva) which is ( 10 $) are a lot . Here we live each day with 5-10 lv. I remember the last album MTM here was like 25 lv. in UK was 20 pounds. What i mean is that some people can't afford to buy or even use their debit/credit cards because of the shipping costs .

That's why some of us always download torrents and e.t.c

Some of us are happy when bazinga! put for download all of their tracks , exclusives and e.t.c.

I know that this is not right , I know that this is like stealing from LP .

But until our fucked up countries are f*cking us just to make money on our backs , i think this will never end .

I hope some of you will understand us .

P.S at least i can promise that i won't bother anyone here via PM to send something.

There's the MP3 version of the album being sold.

You don't have to pay any shipping for it, etc.

And it's only $12. There's more than month until the release date. You can easily save up some money during this time to buy MP3 version at least, can't you?

SergSlim you're right. when i was writing that post didn't want to say i won't save or i won't do anything so i can buy it . I've always paid for LP albums . I did write that post because i know how ppl between 15- 20 years old think . Like i did when i was in that range . I know why some of them are waiting for that web site like Astat said "has stolen every single piece of worthwhile news and media they have posted over the course of their entire existence from other fansites without giving any credit whatsoever?"

I am working and i can afford it .

So don't be mean to me :P ;)

I appreciate what LPL has done for us , is still doing for us , and it will keep it up like this.

(bow)

Edited by Chester_LP

The Bulgarian government should give all their citizens free LP albums, it's the least they can do.

Sames goes for Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Georgia and Belarus.

Or even better, maybe Russia should distribute the albums as a form of reparations.

I think to avoid links with the album, can be saving money is $ 12 it costs the MP3 version of the album, we have until September 14 to save that, relatively not much money, and so avoids this...so you have to save money from now :D $1 per day :D