Live Setlists

[AndOne]

Some of the fans in Germany and other European countries have voiced their concerns to us regarding LP playing the exact same set three nights in a row. We all unanimously agree that something should be done about this considering ticket prices are higher than they've ever been, but also because of the fact that more and more fans are seeing multiple shows on the same tour. This is arguably one of LP's biggest European tours ever and for them to not rotate their sets, in the minds of some people, is unacceptable.

So we ask that if you agree with this, maybe because it's the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory and you'd like to hear more songs from it, or because you just think LP should play more than the singles and new stuff live, or if you just want to hear something different...then we ask that you could either post a comment on Mike's blog, ask the band about it at a M&G, or even tag it on Twitter with the hashtag "LProtatesetlists" or something.

What do you guys think about this? People that have seen the shows or people that are following the tour intensely, or even people that have seen the band many times in one tour - what do you think about this? Should they just rotate next year (with arguably a smaller European tour) or should they try and start now? Is there no excuse for not rotating now and playing different songs live, or is there an excuse?

What do you think LPLive?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will ignore hashtags or comments on Twitter. The only chance might be a personal discussion at a Meet&Greet but I'm 99% sure they'll say something like "Yeah, maybe next year. We wanna play as much ATS stuff as possible"...

I don't see them doing something special due to the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory just because they ignored it for such a long time now and were only talking about the 10th anniversary of the LPU. But something has to change, I'm with you on that.

Some comments on Mike's blog will not change anything IMO. Just to point it out, there are thousands of people who are coming to LP shows, and seeing a minority of those being angry about the setlists is not enough to make Mike and the other guys change their mind. Until a big petition or something similar is not done, we will have the same setlist over and over again, at least during the european tour.

The dream thing that they should do is play HT in it's entirety. In honor of their 10th anniversary. But they probably won't. To do this, they would need redo their setlist, which they apperently won't do.

In fact they rather play their single setlist over and over again.

The least thing they can do is to acknowledge the fact that it is their 10th anniversary.

If even that they won't do, and play the next show as if nothing has happend, then it's very sad and grim that they won't even mention their anniversary.

@qwerty18 Hmm how many times did ht sell only like 24 million? And you say only a minority cares about the setlist? What a joke.

Edited by majorfort

I definitely think it sucks for the people who see multiple shows. With the amount of songs they have right now they should have at least 4 maybe 5 different setlist to use. They are playing 11-12 (counting interludes) of the 15 songs on ATS, I know it's the ATS tour but that's is alot of new material being played, nearly the whole album. Some nights ATS songs gotta be left out to add more Meteora/HT songs. Perhaps they will rotate setlist in the future but it's just odd only playing 1 setlist the whole time of touring, only exception is having BIO close instead of WID.

i love ATS and cant wait to here songs off it live. but i know the band have grown up since HT but they should still play some more songs off HT that album made them who they are today plus even if the band dont like playing old songs they should for the fans we are the ones that pay for gig tickets we should have a say

Maybe I'd just feel grateful to be seeing them at all, but this all looks so whine-y and childish. I know that's not what you're trying to be, but still.

If ticket prices are higher than ever, maybe you should have saved some money and only gotten tickets to one show. Buying for multiple shows under the assumption that they would be rotating setlists....I dunno. Not the band's fault, for sure.

After MTM came out, they didn't rotate setlists on their first european tour after that either. The rotating sets will come.

This is honestly a news post? Yeah, it does suck for people going to multiple shows but this seems pretty whiny. How many people really are going to multiple shows? Probably less than 5%. The band can't please everyone...

A big "rotation" isn't needed. I think that they should rotate 4 slots with 3 songs per each slot. This won't be huge change, but it will be nice enough.

For example: (Set A)(Set B)(Set C)

#1 (3rd song) - Papercut / Burning In The Skies / With You

#2 (9th song) - No More Sorrow / From The Inside / Figure 09

#3 (17th song) - Shadow of the Day / P5hng Me A*wy / My December

#4 (22nd song) - The Messenger / In Pieces / Pushing Me Away

What you think? It's deverse and realistic enough.

Maybe I'd just feel grateful to be seeing them at all, but this all looks so whine-y and childish. I know that's not what you're trying to be, but still.

If ticket prices are higher than ever, maybe you should have saved some money and only gotten tickets to one show. Buying for multiple shows under the assumption that they would be rotating setlists....I dunno. Not the band's fault, for sure.

After MTM came out, they didn't rotate setlists on their first european tour after that either. The rotating sets will come.

at least they can rotate 3-4 songs

LP fans always find something to bitch about ^^

Of course it's kinda boring for people who are visiting more shows (like me) but think about how many people do that. I would say less than 20%.

LP is not bound to rotate setlist. If you have expected that and bought 4 tickets it's your problem.

Just take a look at the stage setup and you know why the ticket prices are so high.

Don't get me wrong. It would be awesome if we could get them to play some other songs I just don't think it's possible because LP is a "perfect band". They won't play songs they have not rehearsed. That's a sad but true. But I would be more than happy if they will prove the opposite.

The current setlist is great so I'm looking forward to the next shows.

And btw. the bigger problem than the setlist is the way they play the shows but that's not the topic here....

Some of the fans in Germany and other European countries have voiced their concerns to us regarding LP playing the exact same set three nights in a row. We all unanimously agree that something should be done about this considering ticket prices are higher than they've ever been, but also because of the fact that more and more fans are seeing multiple shows on the same tour. This is arguably one of LP's biggest European tours ever and for them to not rotate their sets, in the minds of some people, is unacceptable.

Are you actually serious!? Jesus christ!! this made me LOL but then now i actually feel quite sad.

That is correct but they played only 1 arena show back then in Hamburg and 2 festivals in Germany and not 6 arena shows. Same for the UK, they only played a festival there.

People who go to multiple shows are a minority, that's right, but after playing live shows for 10 years and 4 albums they could switch it up at least a little. They don't even talk at the shows.

It's all about reaching as many people as possible, which unfortunately caters to the casual fan and greatly ignores the hardcore audience. Sometimes you get lucky with a group like Dave Matthews Band, but for the most part, any and all mainstream bands are going to play the songs that got them to the main stage in the first place.

"One Step Closer" will always make the set, and we might never hear "With You" again. The only way around it, in my opinion, will be an LPU Tour. Even if LP lose their money and popularity tomorrow, they'd just be like all the other nu-metal bands (Limp Bizkit, anyone?) who play all the hits hoping to fill a barn in Russia with nostalgic fans.

When LP suppose to do those poll songs? That would be the only time we could get older songs in the setlist but even then, who said LP will follow through on that poll song? Muse did the same thing before summer rolled around and they didn't even follow it when fans voted for older songs to be played.