LP7 New Album Updates

hahninator

I've got a feeling this album is gonna go full indie/acoustic pop. Don't know how that will translate live if that is the case. Commercially it would make sense after doing an underground rock album. I really just want the lyrics to be on point on this album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling this album is gonna go full indie/acoustic pop. Don't know how that will translate live if that is the case. Commercially it would make sense after doing an underground rock album. I really just want the lyrics to be on point on this album.

The lyrics will probably be pretty good. The band said they are writing more personal lyrics and stuff. I think they are focusing a lot on the words and vocals on this album, which is a good thing, IMO. I don't think it will be full on pop, but it will probably be a pop sound infused with your typical LP sound, if that makes sense. I think some hip-hop influence will also make it onto the album but I don't think it will be as much so as the pop influence. LP has done poppy stuff before a lot in the past, but I think this album will be a little different in terms of it.

Edited by Geki

IMG_4861.png

"Wonder whose sheets that I've been under" is a COMPLEEEETE departure from any kind of lyrics we've ever heard from LP. That's what they must've meant when they talked about it being a much more "personal" record. It does sound that way though. The blackbear snapchat clip is also "relationship"-focused.

Still not convinced the Blackbird collab isn't a song from his own album, not LP7.

I actually think you may be right now. I used to think it was going to be a song for the LP album, but now I don't. I think it may just be for Blackbear's album or a single with Blackbear, collaboration with Mike. Why else would merch be made combining the LP logo and Blackbear logo if he was just doing a song with LP on their album? That means Owen Pallet, Page Hamilton, Rakim, Daron Malakian and Tom Morello should have also had the same treatment... The only known picture of Blackbear with LP is just Mike and also, that's Mike singing in that one clip that Blackbear shared that everyone thought was new LP. I don't think it was new LP, because Mike also wouldn't want that out there like that if it was.

Edited by Geki

I actually think you may be right now. I used to think it was going to be a song for the LP album, but now I don't. For once, Blackbear is a pop artist, and this album seems like it's going to very experimental now, judging from all the clips that Mike showed us and the video clips on LP's Facebook, etc. I think it may just be for Blackbear's album or a single with Blackbear, collaboration with Mike. The only known picture of Blackbear with LP is just Mike and also, that's Mike singing in that one clip that Blackbear shared that everyone thought was new LP. I don't think it was new LP, because Mike also wouldn't want that out there like that if it was. It's probably a Mike Shinoda x Blackbear collab.

Maybe the song is not for LP7, but I think is the full band with Blackbear (or at least they will promote it as Linkin Park). Don't forget that Blackbear mentioned the whole band in his tweets, and about the Blackbear vs. Linkin Park logo that leaked some weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess they're not releasing any updates just to not drag away attention from LPUXVI.

December may be the month where the hype really beggins.

Wanted a single this month in December, don't think we will be getting one, sadly, even though LPU16 was released last month at this point.

IMG_4861.png

It looks like someone's house, probably Andrew Goldstein's house. And these lyrics sound like something Drake or Rihanna or someone would write... Hmm.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to some radio stations lately, and i'm a little scared. There are too many "Coca-cola songs" out there, right now. I mean, they aren't bad... but they are so simple and repetitive. I really don't want LP to go on this pop up-beat vibe, Imagine Dragons style. This kind of music won't be remembered a few years from now.

Well, i don't know what to expect about this album. We're thinking this is gonna be a chill one, but in fact the band never really said that.

I just hope it ain't no coca-cola music.

Edited by vinifeijo

Hasn't been updated or posted in for quite a while. Not sure if I like this new direction they're going in. All their past albums, some experimental, infused ROCK music into it. I don't want all the guitars and all the aggressive singing and screaming, etc. to be erased.

I doubt they will erase their rock infusion from the album, at least no entirely. I think ATS was as far they could go away from their rock influence, but still the album had some aggressive songs, and 200% more guitar solos than HT and Meteora put together :D

I would also like them to remain the LP aggresiveness for the album, I don't mind a LP album without screaming. However if the aggressiveness would somehow make the album sound worse than without it, then I'm for removing it, since the album sounding good is what matters the most.

I don't know why people are thinking that the album is not going to be influenced by rock, they never said anything about the genre, the fact that the album is going to be more personal and that they startet doing it acoustically, doesn't say much about the genre.

I've been listening to some radio stations lately, and i'm a little scared. There are too many "Coca-cola songs" out there, right now. I mean, they aren't bad... but they are so simple and repetitive. I really don't want LP to go on this pop up-beat vibe, Imagine Dragons style. This kind of music won't be remembered a few years from now.

Well, i don't know what to expect about this album. We're thinking this is gonna be a chill one, but in fact the band never really said that.

I just hope it ain't no coca-cola music.

Don't worry, Recharged was as far they could possibly go towards the "coca cola music". It seems like they really want to nail that album, coca cola music wouldn't take that much effort to make. There has always been a lot of simple and repetitive songs on radio, and LP doesn't seem to go mainstream when it comes to making music.

Well, LP shouldn't totally forget that they just released The Hunting Party a few years ago. They should keep in mind the attitude that they had when writing it and not forget that a few years ago they were bashing pop music basically. It's fine if they want to go pop but they should still keep a little bit of a heavier side to it. Chester's screaming is basically the entire reason that I fell in love with LP in the first place and a song doesn't have to be nu-metal or even rock or metal to feature screaming in it, just look at tracks like Blackout and Lost In The Echo, some of Chester's best screaming comes from those songs and they are more electronically driven than others. I want at least one or two tracks with screaming, which I bet will be on the album. If ATS had one song with screaming, then there is no way in hell they will abandon that entirely. Because even if they don't want Chester to scream anymore, tons and tons of LP's songs that they play during their live show feature screaming, so it doesn't matter AS much to me.

Linkin Park's DJ tech, Warren Willis, said the following statement on his Facebook: "After 66 weeks, Linkin Park album number 7 is in the can, load out day and onto the live show..."

https://www.facebook.com/Warren.Willis.Johnson

Chester said they were in the mixing stage, so that meant recording was done, so does that mean the mixing is done now too?

Chester said they were in the mixing stage, so that meant recording was done, so does that mean the mixing is done now too?

If Warren wrote: "onto the live show", it could mean that the mixing is done too, because I think they can only do rehearsals with the completed songs. But it's only my speculation. On the other hand, it could be too fast to do mixing in just a couple of weeks, because as far as I remember Chester said that they are in mixing stage not so long ago.

Edited by blackout.

• 2 weeks later...

Piece on the new album in the latest Kerrang! Issue. Nothing too interesting besides a few smaller things:

"We are in the mixing stage and want to get things right. It's not coming this month but we are getting close!"

I forgot the specific sentence but he also talked about how he wants people to relate to the lyrics more this time around. He said something like, "Fans used to tell us that they felt like our music spoke for them when they couldn't. We hope they have that same takeaway from the new album."

And on the album title: "We've been working on this thing for 12 months and still haven't decided on a damn title!"

He mentioned working with Andrew Dawson, Eg White, Justin Parker, RAC, Blackbear, and Corrin Roddick on the new album.

"The album is not at all political."

Piece on the new album in the latest Kerrang! Issue. Nothing too interesting besides a few smaller things:

"We are in the mixing stage and want to get things right. It's not coming this month but we are getting close!"

I forgot the specific sentence but he also talked about how he wants people to relate to the lyrics more this time around. He said something like, "Fans used to tell us that they felt like our music spoke for them when they couldn't. We hope they have that same takeaway from the new album."

And on the album title: "We've been working on this thing for 12 months and still haven't decided on a damn title!"

He mentioned working with Andrew Dawson, Eg White, Justin Parker, RAC, Blackbear, and Corrin Roddick on the new album.

"The album is not at all political."

Source?