LPxDC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn such a pop song lol

That it is! Don't get me wrong it's a good song and I'm into it, but it almost feels like what ATS could have been without the experimentation...it's just a bit basic. It's possible to still incorporate all their various influences into songs without needing a specific structure. I still can't decide if I like Mike's rap or not - the verse is good but it's the placing of it and then the whole intertwining with Chester at the end doesn't work for me. It may have worked if they changed the lyrics or weren't repeating the same lines i.e. if it was in the same ilk as the end of Papercut then maybe it would have worked better?

My only other gripe is that I think the chorus lyrics are lame the whole 'we can't wait to burn it to the ground' isn't working for me. However I still like the song and no doubt when it's buried in the album and I listen to it that way I will no doubt not mind it half as much in a similar vein to my dislike for Rooftops by Lostprophets but on the whole Liberation Transmission is an awesome album.

Final thing, great to see all the haters crawling out of the woodwork on numerous articles across the internet saying how they should have stuck to HT and Meteora LOL!

Final thing, great to see all the haters crawling out of the woodwork on numerous articles across the internet saying how they should have stuck to HT and Meteora LOL!

CRAWWWWWLING FROM WOODWORK, THIS BAND IS FUUUULLL OF JERRRRRKKKS

:lol:

As soon as i heard the drums i knew what was going on. it's that standart drum pattern that every club track has, that every guetta song has. vocals are strong but have that melody that is catchy lie every club song, like every guetta song...

the only guitar in there is backing the chorus and i'm not even sure if its a real one. the whole chorus with its long uuuuup and dooooown is typical for every mainstream pop song. then mikes short verse is also typical for everysong that comes out nowadays.

the bad thing about it is that it sounds like every other popsong on the radio, of course you can tell its lp but they are now in one genre with guetta flo rida katy perry, etc and this song has the same target group. and i'm not in that group anymore. stylisticly this is very far from any kind of rock, theres no need for a band for this type of music.

the only guitar in there is backing the chorus and i'm not even sure if its a real one.

did you not see Brad's new guitar for '12? it's a little different, but it's a cool customisation that PRS did for him.

Posted Image

This. This is quite possible the worst song written by them. The artwork, however is very cool.

I completely agree with you! And I don't have a problem because it's a pop song or because it lacks guitars! I just think this song is really boring. :/

As soon as i heard the drums i knew what was going on. it's that standart drum pattern that every club track has, that every guetta song has. vocals are strong but have that melody that is catchy lie every club song, like every guetta song...

the only guitar in there is backing the chorus and i'm not even sure if its a real one. the whole chorus with its long uuuuup and dooooown is typical for every mainstream pop song. then mikes short verse is also typical for everysong that comes out nowadays.

the bad thing about it is that it sounds like every other popsong on the radio, of course you can tell its lp but they are now in one genre with guetta flo rida katy perry, etc and this song has the same target group. and i'm not in that group anymore. stylisticly this is very far from any kind of rock, theres no need for a band for this type of music.

My feelings exactly. Song has nothing to add creatively. Same top 40 stuff I hear on the radio and just because it's Mike and Chester on vocals doesn't make it any better.

My feelings exactly. Song has nothing to add creatively. Same top 40 stuff I hear on the radio and just because it's Mike and Chester on vocals doesn't make it any better.

Well, it does :P

but not much better lol

Edited by LinkinMark

i too agree that the songs is nothing special, but to compare it to club/dance music? seriously? if i ever hear this song in a club/dance party i will cut off my ear. This is plain generic mainstream pop-rock. Nothing more.

This is quite possible the worst song written by them.

I keep forgetting that people think that Meteora has good lyrics.

I also find it funny that now people are disappointed that this doesn't sound like ATS.

It sounds like a Linkin-parkified JUSTICE song.

Why? Some people like the song and some don't.You can NEVER please everyone. We have these forums to give our opinions and discuss.

What's to hate?

This. Nothing will ever please everyone and people will always voice their opinions.

For me, BID is a great lead single. Sure it's a little predictable, but it's strong, great beat, good lyrics. What's not to like imo. Don't want the whole album to sound like it, but when does that ever happen? I'm excited.

This. Nothing will ever please everyone and people will always voice their opinions.

For me, BID is a great lead single. Sure it's a little predictable, but it's strong, great beat, good lyrics. What's not to like imo. Don't want the whole album to sound like it, but when does that ever happen? I'm excited.

repost for truth