"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

• Warner rejected Linkin Park three times before finally signing them.
  • Linkin Park gots its name from an area Chester used to drive by after rehearsals, called Lincoln Park in Santa Monica, CA. It grabbed his attention and when he told the band members about it they all liked how it sounded. They changed it from "Lincoln" to "Linkin" to save money.

103. Warner Bros Records (the band's record label) actually rejected the band THREE times before signing them!

Did you know that after Linkin Park was Hybrid Theory and Xero and before Linkin Park they were called Lincoln Park was a very short period of time, but when the band found out the domain " lincolnpark.com" was taken, they decided to go with Linkin Park?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah some of these need to be updated for sure + adding new ones of course. We'll get to that as soon as week can. Feel free to keep posting corrections and additions :)

If you want, Ill offer my assistance with making/posting/editing/etc of these facts for you guys. Gotta get back into helping the site out somehow haha.

• Chester recorded his vocals for "Victimized" while sick.
  • "Until It Breaks" is a song constructed of several different seeds, or unfinished demos.
  • The working title for "Lies Greed Misery" was "Piledriver".
  • The working title for "Burn It Down" was "Buried At Sea".
  • The working title for "Lost In The Echo" was "Holding Company".
  • Owen Pallet, best known for his work with Arcade Fire, contributed strings on "I'll Be Gone".
  • For the first time on a Linkin Park record, Brad sang a large portion of a song. The song was "Until It Breaks".
  • The working title for "In My Remains" was "One Forty".
  • Starting at the 19.05.2012 show in West Hollywood, the band payed tribute to the late Adam Yauch of Beastie Boys by covering "Sabotage" during the bridge of "Bleed It Out".
  • The working title for "Victimized" was "Battle Axe".

• Meteora got its name from the names of monasteries in Greece.
  • Linkin Park collaborated with Jay-Z at the request of MTV
  • Chester is often reluctant to play "Breaking the Habit" because of how closely it relates to his childhood.
  • The band's favorite track from Minutes to Midnight is "The Little Things Give You Away"
  • "Session" was featured in the movie Matrix
  • The name of the girl in the music video for "Crawling" is Katelyn Rosaasen
  • Chester has a carrying-case cargo holder for his wardrobe because he has shoes that go with every outfit and his shoes and pants must match his socks.
  • (This one is a bit random) Chester says that the band has fun by "Making fun of Mike's head"
  • Brad and Mike both graduated from Agoura High School in 1996.
  • The band chose "Linkin Park" as the alternate spelling of "Lincoln Park" so they would be next to Limp Bizkit in record stores.
  • On January 9, 2010, Linkin Park released a song called "Not Alone" Music for Relief in support of the Haiti earthquake disaster

• The band chose "Linkin Park" as the alternate spelling of "Lincoln Park" so they would be next to Limp Bizkit in record stores.
I'm pretty sure this isn't true since Mike posted on his blog once that they changed the spelling because LincolnPark.com was taken

This is a random one , but after the show in Buenos Aires (2010) the speakers of the stadium started to play the "blue grass" version of Crawling that appears on the Frat Party DVD (this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qPTmg4c8qo)

Doesn't know if Pooch or another staff of LP played it , but it was hilarious haha

That wasn't a show specific, it happened at the Saint Paul show, too, and I'm guessing many more

This is a random one , but after the show in Buenos Aires (2010) the speakers of the stadium started to play the "blue grass" version of Crawling that appears on the Frat Party DVD (this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qPTmg4c8qo)

Doesn't know if Pooch or another staff of LP played it , but it was hilarious haha

That's not the version they use...or even the same song, actually. They've been using the Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park version of One Step Closer as their post-show music at most shows since the start of the A Thousand Suns touring cycle. I believe this was something that actually started when Dead By Sunrise was touring, then it carried over into LP tours as well.

That wasn't a show specific, it happened at the Saint Paul show, too, and I'm guessing many more

Seriously ? Cool haha. Also , i remember seeing a video of a Dead By Sunrise's show in 2010 , and they play a bluegrass version of One Step Closer.

That's not the version they use...or even the same song, actually. They've been using the Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park version of One Step Closer as their post-show music at most shows since the start of the A Thousand Suns touring cycle. I believe this was something that actually started when Dead By Sunrise was touring, then it carried over into LP tours as well.

Nope. I was at that show. And i'm %100 sure that they play that exact version of Crawling , not One Step Closer.

Edited by Hybrid Theory

They played it at every show at least since the Summer tour 2009, it was One Step Closer. I'm not 100% sure either but I think after the Rock im Park 2012 show it was Crawling.

yeah I specifically remember Blue Grass OSC being played after Sonisphere 2009. quite cool that they mixed it up with Crawling this time though

Do you guys still need a list? I can make one based on the ones you've taken from the thread and put it in a big list.

MOAR FACTS:

• Hybrid Theory has gone platinum eight times. It got its eigth platinum on April 30, 2002.
  • Rob's mom is friends with the drummer for Aerosmith, Joey Kramer
  • Papercut influenced Charles Andrew Williams to go on a shooting spree in California in 2001
  • One Step Closer was written to express Chester's anger while growing up

Do you guys still need a list? I can make one based on the ones you've taken from the thread and put it in a big list.

MOAR FACTS:

• Hybrid Theory has gone platinum eight times. It got its eigth platinum on April 30, 2002.
  • Rob's mom is friends with the drummer for Aerosmith, Joey Kramer
  • Papercut influenced Charles Andrew Williams to go on a shooting spree in California in 2001
  • One Step Closer was written to express Chester's anger while growing up

I like the first two. The shooting one I don't want to include. I think that portrays the band in a way they shouldn't be portrayed, maybe if we reword it we could use it. OSC I thought was written because they were writing Runaway and it pissed them off that they couldn't finish the song so they took their anger out with OSC.

I like the first two. The shooting one I don't want to include. I think that portrays the band in a way they shouldn't be portrayed, maybe if we reword it we could use it. OSC I thought was written because they were writing Runaway and it pissed them off that they couldn't finish the song so they took their anger out with OSC.

True (about the Papercut one). Not sure of the OSC one :P

I have a few more:

• Numb was announced as the third single off Meteora at the Summer Sanitarium show in Toronto
  • MTV had exclusive rights to the video for Numb. This kept it off the Fuse network, which was new at the time and prided themselves on playing videos like MTV used to.
  • Minutes to Midnight debuted at #1 in 28 different countries
  • What I've Done was the third song to ever debut on the Modern Rock Charts at #1. At the time, the other two were "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" by R.E.M. and "Dani California" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • (This one is a bit disturbing, so I don't know if you want to include this or not) Points of Authority is about a person trying to be controlled through intimidation and aggression. Chester was molested while young by friends, which influenced the song.
  • My December was written after Chester left his girlfriend after a fight
  • If you play the song Announcement Service Public backwards, the lyrics say: "You should brush your teeth, and you should wash your hands."
  • Mike wrote Breaking the Habit after being inspired by the fans who have written to the band about how their music has helped them with drugs, depression, and more.
  • Don't Stay is the only song not tuned to Dropped Db
  • Meteora was recorded in four different places: the band's tour bus, Mike's house, NRG Studios in California, and Soundtrack Studious in New York
  • Linkin Park added Hands Held High to their setlist starting from Milton Keynes. Mike saw a fan who made a sign saying "Play Hands Held High". Halfway through the set, he thought they couldn't play it because they weren't prepared, and instead sang an A capella version and HHH found its way into the set

• My December was written after Chester left his girlfriend after a fight
  • Meteora was recorded in four different places: the band's tour bus, Mike's house, NRG Studios in California, and Soundtrack Studious in New York

I'm not totally sure, but I don't think these are completely true. My December was written in about two hours by Mike for a Christmas charity event, according to Chester's speech at the Fairfax '02 show. I suppose it could also be about the fight thing, but it seems unlikely. Also, Meteora was written and had demos made in those places, but I don't think those recordings actually found their way onto the album.