Live Setlists

[AndOne]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont usually have a problem with setlists. Out of the three times ive seen LP (check my links in my signature) they have all been completely different from each other besides what songs they closed with. I always thought Set A was the most boring set they ever created.

I saw Set A in Atlanta for my first LP show ever and it was BADASS. Definitely better than Set C in my opinion.

I thought they'd appreciate how some fans have been touched by there music enough to come to multiple shows. Who the hell are you to tell people what they can and can't want? Oh man... that head ache's kicking in now.

First off, I never told anyone anything regarding what they wanted. If you would have read my entire post, you would see that I justified both oppositions.

I stated that I think it's ridiculous how people act. That's my opinion and my opinions usually are approached in a realistic manner. I personally have went to multiple shows in a year, but I didn't complain about the setlist.

You KNOW what to expect if you're going to the same tour more than once.

Once again, it's like someone blaming a cigarette company because they got lung cancer.

I'm pretty sure they appreciate the people coming to see them more than once, but what do you expect them to do? Drop everything they are doing and play She Couldn't? A good live performance caters to the MAJORITY of the audience. I fail to see the point here where the fans aren't appreciated, in a live show anyways.

Imagine you are one of the people who has NO idea what song they are playing, then you get pissed because they wasted your time and money. You have to look at which end makes more sense for the band.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something new, but taking it to this extreme is ridiculous and that is just my opinion.

Edited by rav0k

I saw Set A in Atlanta for my first LP show ever and it was BADASS. Definitely better than Set C in my opinion.

woops i meant set C! set C was the worst set they ever put together. I forgot the lettering for the first 3 :)

Set A was awesome

and btw mod note if any of you feel like youre being offended click the report post button please instead of continuing the argument...

and btw mod note if any of you feel like youre being offended click the report post button please instead of continuing the argument...

Hey man, not sure if this post was pointing in the direction of mine, but I just wanted to be clear that I have no anger towards anyone. AndOne asked us to state our opinion on the setlist rotation and I was just saying what I felt. I don't personally think it should matter that much. However, for collection purposes..I would love if they would play some material they have never done in front of a large audience (Part of Me, etc.).

Hey man, not sure if this post was pointing in the direction of mine, but I just wanted to be clear that I have no anger towards anyone. AndOne asked us to state our opinion on the setlist rotation and I was just saying what I felt. I don't personally think it should matter that much. However, for collection purposes..I would love if they would play some material they have never done in front of a large audience (Part of Me, etc.).

lol no it wasnt. It just seems that the thread is going downhill really fast is all dont worry about it :)

• 1 month later...

Fan #1 - "Yes, they finally played With You again on tour and it was just as awesome as I remember it"

Fan #2 - "Yeah, I suppose, but I would've preferred if they played APFMH!"

Fan #1 - "But dude, they also finally played No Roads Left and it was totally badass!"

Fan #2 - "Yeah, but Across The Line would've be soooo much better to play than NRL"

Fan #1 - "Wow man, you're tough to please aren't you?"

Fan #2 - "Hey man, I paid my hard earned money for this ticket in the hope they'd play some of the older/rarer tracks instead of the same stuff they always play!"

Fan #1 - "You know what, you're right! Stay right there while I ask the other 20,000 people at this show if they agree with you!!!"

Morale of the story...there's no pleasing everyone and by everyone I mean the MILLIONS of LP fans around the world!

You want rotating setlists or classic songs like With You or A Place for my head??? Then watch the Live in Texas dvd or go on YouTube!

Rant over!

"Democracy". Now live Linkin Park can fall asleep listening to one and same songs live. Cool, eh? A variety of more harm to anyone not made. LP is not tired of playing the same thing? :)

Edited by DanyWoker

I personally think that they should drop 'New Divide' and possibly 'Given Up'. Would love to hear 'Lying From You', 'From the Inside' or maybe even 'With You'.

What I think they should do if they decide to do rotating setlists, is something like this:

setlist A: the setlist that has been used during the European Tour, drop New Divide and Given Up, then add Lying From You and Points of Authority. Also possibly dropping The Messenger for Easier To Run

setlist B: the setlist used at the second London show, drop Given Up and Lying From You for Runaway or Figure .09, also trade out Iridescent and Leave Out All The Rest for Blackout and Pushing Me Away

setlist C: the setlist used for the second part of the Australian Tour, drop Given Up and No More Sorrow for With You and A Place For My Head. Also make BITS a main part of the set

will this make you guys stop whining?

I've been to 9 LP shows and most of them have been completely different sets. I usually love their sets, I like the new ones a lot, but I don't want to see a ton of Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs anymore, even a lot of MTM. I've seen them all and heard them all so many times. I want them to start playing Robot Boy and play Iridescent again because then we'd have the whole ATS album in one set.

What I think they should do if they decide to do rotating setlists, is something like this:

setlist A: the setlist that has been used during the European Tour, drop New Divide and Given Up, then add Lying From You and Points of Authority. Also possibly dropping The Messenger for Easier To Run

setlist B: the setlist used at the second London show, drop Given Up and Lying From You for Runaway or Figure .09, also trade out Iridescent and Leave Out All The Rest for Blackout and Pushing Me Away

setlist C: the setlist used for the second part of the Australian Tour, drop Given Up and No More Sorrow for With You and A Place For My Head. Also make BITS a main part of the set

will this make you guys stop whining?

Good god that'd be the best tour LP has done since 2004. If they did Easier To Run, Figure.09, Pushing Me Away (or P5hng Me A*wy), With You and my fucking favorite song and song I've wanted to see forever live: A PLACE FOR MY HEAD, I'd be the happiest man on the planet. LP fans would fucking love it.

I want to see all the ATS songs like everyone else but after we see them a bunch, they'll kinda get old. Like I've been to about 9 shows or so and most of them have the same songs! Numb, Somewhere I Belong, etc. Fucking hate Numb now because it's been the SAME since the intro was last used on Sept 11, 2004. Add an intro or change it up or something. Europe last year for me was cool because FTI was in the number 2 spot, they had a new Numb/BTH transition on keyboard, New Divide was in there and the Hands Held High/KRWLNG ordeal. I love the small changes. Radiance live will bring it. I want to see all the ATS songs yeah but I think they should appease older fans too by playing some rarer songs off HT/Meteora. With You, P5hng remix, A Place For My Head, Easier To Run, and Figure.09 would just make the tour for everyone.

I'd be excited to see POA yeah because the intros/outros change all the time with Mike being sporadic (fans love it).

I like the current setlist but i'd like to see some of the older songs rotated a bit more. I like Numb and SOTD but they are kinda boring live now. Switch in POA, IGD, Figure.09 and QWERTY every few shows plus bringing back the reanimation bridge in OSC would be awesome.