Live Setlists

[AndOne]

Well yeah I would say this is a HUGE tour for Europe...six arena shows in Germany alone and a few are really close together. Even I saw a picture of the Stuttgart crowd and said DAMN, many thousands are there. And you'd be surprised how many go to multiple shows. I met a lot of people last year that went to several shows on just that small summer tour.

@Xero21: I think this was posted on the anniversary to sort of..encourage the band in a way to play more off of that album in celebration.

Yeah one set sucks but this set is a great mix of all three CDs and is REALLY good. Great great show that they're playing now. Many highlights in it for me (Wretches opening, Papercut, NMS long intro, WTCFM, Messenger, etc).

This did concern me when they announced these shows and said originally they were starting the world tour in Germany at these HUGE venues. O2 is massive lol. Maybe they should have started smaller...? But I do think they should change up a few songs each show, if they don't want to rotate yet. They have a huge discography of music and surely the same set gets boring every show (didn't they say that before?)

But this is one reason why I didn't go to Europe right now...I've seen all of these non ATS songs about 9x. I'll wait for the USA tour.

/my 2 cents (or 50 cents :P)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PERSONALLY I would like setlists like they had back in 07ish. Give the boys time and it most likely will happen, you cant just throw songs together, it takes time and though to organize a setlist.

With that said i hope they rotate soon. I would like two different setlists when LP hits AUS

AND Hybrid Theory live in show. GTFO, like serious their promoting their new album, whats the point if your not going to play the new stuff? Its not the 'Hybrid Theory world tour' if you want that, invent a time machine and go back to 2000 yeh. Im happy with the songs their playing, i would just like them to switch it up a lil and make every show 'different' which was kinda their moto on the MTM touring Fraze.

/2cents

In my opinion, is unacceptable to not rotate sets.

I think it's disrespectful for the fans and for HT. F***, today is his tenth anniversary for god sake and LP just seems not remember that album. It seems like LP has shame of HT or doesn't like it in my opinion.

I can't believe that in a band with 6 members they all agree with this.

It's disrespectful for the fans that are attending to 3 ou 4 shows hear the same songs.

I personally want the entire ATS album with about 6 or 7 fan favorites following it. I don't want to hear Numb or Somewhere I Belong or anything off of Meteora for that matter. I'm so sick of it. Same goes for the majority of MTM and HT...

Lol.. This is pretty stupid. You can't expect them to rotate songs just because some people go to more then 1 show. You should be happy you get to see them! I dont have the money to travel to Germany or Engeland (i live in Holland). All i can say is buy 1 ticket and stop complaining or accept the fact that they dont rotate the songs yet.

At this point they're in Promotion mode. They just released a new album and some people haven't heard it live, plus they're really excited to play their new songs live.

Lol.. This is pretty stupid. You can't expect them to rotate songs just because some people go to more then 1 show. You should be happy you get to see them! I dont have the money to travel to Germany or Engeland (i live in Holland). All i can say is buy 1 ticket and stop complaining or accept the fact that they dont rotate the songs yet.

^Co-sign

Edited by SpikeMinoda
double post

I wouldn't say unacceptable, but the money they are charging especially in germany I don't think the stage setup warrants all the extra money - the 2007 and 2008 winter production wasn't really that different so I can't see the massive price increase being justified. It wouldn't be hard to change 2/3 songs a night really even rotating sets there are a set of core songs that remain there but are just in a different order. Don't get me wrong the current set has lots of variation and it's cool but remember they are also doing 2 nights at the O2 in london they must know that maybe 30% of people there will be going to both nights - they really need to change something then :/ I just can't understand rotating setlists on previous tours and then stopping

And no offense, but we're really doing this on the HT 10th anniversary? Seriously guys?

Agree.

Agree too.

My opinion is: let wealthy children cry !!! :lol:

This is the classic whim of a wealthy child, mooom !!! i want that LP made a Rotate Setlist pleasee, moooom !!!

Enjoy the Shows and Shut Up !!! Linkin Park is not the classic band that change the setlist in every show!!! Did you not learned ? This band have 10 years, 10 years making similar Setlists, stop cry kids...

This is so stupid...

In my opinion, is unacceptable to not rotate sets.

I think it's disrespectful for the fans and for HT. F***, today is his tenth anniversary for god sake and LP just seems not remember that album. It seems like LP has shame of HT or doesn't like it in my opinion.

I can't believe that in a band with 6 members they all agree with this.

It's disrespectful for the fans that are attending to 3 ou 4 shows hear the same songs.

UNACCEPTABLE? Haha you guys are hilarious.

No seriously, this is embarrassing. If any band members are reading this, please realize that not all of the fans are this selfish/ungrateful. Thank you.

I see plenty of bands live who don't rotate their setlists. Why should LP have to? Talk about ungrateful. Some of you really know how to make the Linkin Park fan base look bad. Wow. The band doesn't owe you SHIT.

Edited by Pecan603

In days with youtube and co. A band should rotate their set in my eyes! Even when you just visit 1 show, you already know each song they play!

But its a old story, you cant make every fan happy. LP Decided to fuck our ears with their new crap, so we (the HT, meteora fans) have to accept that, its sad, but true!

UNACCEPTABLE? Haha you guys are hilarious.

No seriously, this is embarrassing. If any band members are reading this, please realize that not all of the fans are this selfish/ungrateful. Thank you.

Selfish/ungrateful?!?!

If I were just like you say I would given up on LP but no.

Actually, this year I´m buying the discrogaphy of band and I've become a LPU member. I have A Thousand Suns too and I like it.

I think ungrateful is LP not play older songs that put them on the top.

I've seen them twice here. Me and I know that very people would be disappointed of spending money in travels to see 3 shows with the same set. Of course the oportunity to see them is FANTASTIC but in 3 nights hear the same songs is kind of disappointing.

Now, try to make a civilized and respectful reply. I always said in my opinion, so I am not obliged to have the same opinion than you and vice-versa.

I see plenty of bands live who don't rotate their setlists. Why should LP have to? Talk about ungrateful. Some of you really know how to make the Linkin Park fan base look bad. Wow. The band doesn't owe you SHIT.

+1

there are fans that haven't heard "numb" live even once because of geographic and various other reasons and you guys are complaining about them playing the same ~25 songs in your area... there are more important things to consider. Plus a casual fan would rather hear "in the end" then "with you". it's about making the most people happy, and singles do the job. it's the fact of the business.

there are fans that haven't heard "numb" live even once because of geographic and various other reasons and you guys are complaining about them playing the same ~25 songs in your area... there are more important things to consider. Plus a casual fan would rather hear "in the end" then "with you". it's about making the most people happy, and singles do the job. it's the fact of the business.

that.

fans are never happy for some reason. the set that they are rockin now is probably one of the best they have ever used. im not gonna protest to lp and try to get there attention about a setlist for a show that has so much put into it(lights, video, effects, multiple instruments) everythin has to be planned out well. and thats what they did. it is a world tour and its not just for the fans who have been there forever, they want people to love there music and shows and to do that they need to have consistent shows where they play the songs that people love. if they start rotating set list they will probably do it in the states but i dont see it happening for a while and complaining about it is kinda childish.

Tomorrow night Paris will be my second show in 4 days (and my last for 2010) i deal with the setlist btw i like it ! i never seen live: in pieces TLGYA and some other and i would love to... but that's life it's ok!

Most important thing to me : they have a real fun time with thoses songs and crowd !

Youtube don't give the feeling of a reel show you see what you will have not what you will life !

(sorry if some sentence are incorrect)

Selfish/ungrateful?!?!

If I were just like you say I would given up on LP but no.

Actually, this year I´m buying the discrogaphy of band and I've become a LPU member. I have A Thousand Suns too and I like it.

I think ungrateful is LP not play older songs that put them on the top.

I've seen them twice here. Me and I know that very people would be disappointed of spending money in travels to see 3 shows with the same set. Of course the oportunity to see them is FANTASTIC but in 3 nights hear the same songs is kind of disappointing.

Now, try to make a civilized and respectful reply. I always said in my opinion, so I am not obliged to have the same opinion than you and vice-versa.

You need to have better reasons to justify "your opinion" or else it's just a false statement.

What that guy said

Good lord. this is way too much. I have seen LP live just once. this year, btw. and I would prefer ten thousand times having them playing just one fucking setlist per tour, and coming just once, than having rotating setlist and coming once per decade! some guys never get enough.

And don't misunderstand me, I would like to see them playing different songs but, that's their desicion, just a few bands rotate setlist, most of them don't. and I Recall correctly they waited around 5 months during the MTM tour to rotate setlist, I don't see why it cant be that way this time.

Edited by linkin_boss

I've already stated my opinion in another thread.

I think it's very rude and disrespectful for people to be demanding a different setlist. Yeah, it would be pretty awesome for them to rotate it and add some new shit..but the bottom line is it's not their fault that you are attending multiple shows for a tour.

Their setlist IS new and different. If their setlist was the same for 10 years on different tours, then I would understand. If you don't like the setlist, stop going to the multiple shows.

If you enjoy going to the multiple shows, then appreciate what you have. That's simple math, really.

Edited by rav0k

I do think it kind of sucks for people going to multiple shows, but the band didn't promise anything so it's not really fair to blame them. Also, I'd just be happy for going to their show and if they played quite a few around my city, it'd be great!

Honestly, they do more than most bands and it seems like the more they do, the more the fans whine. A lot of bands only have one set and their fans attend shows happily. They have free meet and greets, then people complain about how they only get 30 seconds with the band, they make it longer, the fans complain that there are only two members. They change all of that, people complain about the price raise. They're people too and they can't accommodate everyone. I'm not kissing their asses or anything, just saying. :P

Edit: attend shows happily not don't attend..

Edited by jessiexo