New 'Iridescent' Music Video for Stars Of The Season out now!

RogueSoul

10665413_831497433568302_2002221951_n.jp

A new music video for 'Iridescent', the fourth single from their 2010 album, A Thousand Suns, has been shot by the band for Stars Of The Season. Stars Of The Season is an annual gala held in September, in which Chester has taken part in many times (Dead By Sunrise in 2011, a band composed of his friends and him in 2012, STP in 2013, and Linkin Park in 2014). His wife, Talinda, and himself are the honorary chairs of the event.

The event is hosted by the Cardon Children's Medical Center in Meso, Arizona, which specialize in children's pediatric health. Chester and his family are huge supports of the organization, as well as the rest of Linkin Park! The medical center has created music videos for the band's songs, 'Burn It Down' and 'Castle Of Glass' (and now 'Iridescent') to thank the band for their hard work towards the medical center's benefit. Check out the video they made for 'Burn It Down', featuring a Mini-Mike during the bridge!

Several shots of the behind-the-scenes recording of the upcoming music video have been shared via its directors' Instagram accounts (davekinsler and jackpchapman). It appears the video may be purely Chester (with clips from the original 'Iridescent' music video and custom shots of the hospital mixed in, i.e. the past videos made by the CCMC), as there aren't any shots of the other members of the band, but we don't know for certain. The video's release date is currently unknown.

No idea why the hell they would recycle a song from such a long time ago, but I guess it's to raise awareness and is for a good cause. They could have done one for a song from their actual new album, like Final Masquerade or Until It's Gone.

No idea why the hell they would recycle a song from such a long time ago, but I guess it's to raise awareness and is for a good cause. They could have done one for a song from their actual new album, like Final Masquerade or Until It's Gone.

I don't think it has anything to do with promoting their current singles, It's probably because of the song's message. A song like Iridescent is fitting for this type of situation.

I think War or White Noise is more fitting for the situation.

Totally. If there's anywhere that makes me want to headbang and start moshing, it's Children's Hospital. They should play Given Up while they're at it.

/sarcasm