Rob Bourdon Session (No More Sorrow)

rav0k

Professional drummer C.G. Ryche recorded this video of Rob on the drums back in January.

Update: It appears that this performance was held to showcase Remo drum skins (Thanks, Pez).

Thoughts?

Edited by rav0k

This is a fucking awesome video! I wish they all did this for numerous songs. I love it!

Edit: Any chance this was done for Remo Drum skins? The little video action thing (whatever they're called) says Remo Rob Bourdon T2. He might of been doing a little bit of promo work for them?!?

Edited by Pez

This is a fucking awesome video! I wish they all did this for numerous songs. I love it!

Edit: Any chance this was done for Remo Drum skins? The little video action thing (whatever they're called) says Remo Rob Bourdon T2. He might of been doing a little bit of promo work for them?!?

I believe you are correct. The other videos on the channel say "promo for new Remo product" in the video descriptions.

As a drum geek, I gotta wonder what kind of snare Rob uses. His snare sounds like it's made of maple, but I'll need another drummer to help me clarify. It's also worth noting that it sounds like he wasn't using samples on his drums like he does live. Also worth noting that it's the live version of "NMS", but I think we all knew that!

Really great video. Hope to see more like this. I found out that his left stand-tom didn't have the size like he uses live on tour. It's only a 14" tom instead of 18" and on the right is also a stand-tom but on tour he uses a hanging tom. He didn't use a trigger like LPPhan2005 said and we can hear the "real" drums. Normaly he must have done another song because the left stand tom has a microphone and in NMS he dind't hit this drum.