30 Second Snippets of "A Thousand Suns" Out Now!

Teagan

well i'd be really happy to hear right it if it was not linkin park, we linkin park fans want more from them, they are/were an unique band and they unique sound have changed my life... i dont know why they are doing this, sounds like a lot of not good old demos from HT, M and MTM times that theyve thrown away and now for some reason, they are putting it on a record, maybe just because they dont have any more awesome ideas??? I swear to god i love linkin park and will never stop loving them, because they are not just a good band and live band, theyre actually good guys that help other people and they care a lot about us fans, im pretty sure this record its just for fun, and i will listen to it and sing it, and when i will hear it and sing it, i will try to forget this is a linkin park album!!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Toughts on the snippets:

1The Requiem-meh you can´t hear anything good i hope it has more drums ang lyrics

2The Resistance-Interlude

3Burning in Skys-Actualy i like it

4Empty Spaces-Interlude

5When They Come For Me-Great I love it

6Robot Boy-Dont´t know why nobody like it i like it actualy

7Jornada Del Muerto-mhhh im not sure about that one

8Waiting For the End-Probaly the best song besides W&K and blackout

9Blackout-Much better than expectet

10Wretches And Kings-We all know that song

11Wisdom,Justice and love-i Like the moldy but its just a Interlude-.-

12Iridecent-Seems Good So Far

13Fallout-Strange

14The Catalyst-We AllKnow that Song

15The Messenger-For it totaly sounds like it is not from ats

overall there just snippets so we have to keep waiting but i am exicted

My thoughts:

1. The Requiem - Doesn't suck but isn't anything special. Could build up into something better.

2. The Radiance - Creeps me the fuck out. (had to put the lights on)

3. Burning In The Skies - Based on this clip Mike's part is relaxing but pretty boring. Chester however sings very good and his voice is beautiful. Sounds poppy but it doesn't matter because it's good music.

4. Empty Spaces - It is what it is i don't really know if this is good or bad might make the beginning of the next song better.

5. When They Come For Me - Didn't get me very exited. Is that egyptian "Aaaa-aa-aaa-aah" the chorus? Not really sure if it's good or bad.

6. Robot Boy - This is the weirdest song LP has made but it's very hypnotic and relaxing. I don't know if it will have any faster or louder parts. We'll see. Left me thinking if they will put effects in Chester's voice when he's singing this one live.

7. Jornada Del Muerto - Best instrumental on this album based on these snippets.

8. Waiting For The End - The beginning (chorus?) made me cum. Chester's voice is beautiful. If this is the next single i know people will call LP gay even more but i don't care. This sounds good to me and that's all that matters.

9. Blackout - I don't think any band/artist has ever made a song this unique. Screaming with weird videogame vibe music. One of my favourites and i bet it's going to be even better live because of the energy Chester's screaming will bring. Chester + Hahn = Win

10. Wretches And Kings - Good song. Love the beats. Needs more Chester though.

11. Wisdom, Justice And Love - Aliens will love this.

12. Iridescent - Is this the chorus? Sounds good but not as good as the chorus in Burning In The Skies & Waiting For The End. My personal opinion of course.. :)

13. Fallout - I tried to listen this with a serious face but i failed and cracked :D

14. The Catalyst - "God bless us everyone".. No thanks. The religious lyrics ruin the vibe for me. The other parts are OK and the "Lift me up"- part is the only "Very good" part in this song.

15. The Messenger - My favourite. I'm loving every second of this clip and i've been playing this on my winamp on repeat. This song can only be ruined if Justin Bieber is featuring in it :D Nothing else.

This album has the best song names.

Edited by Jani

this album reminds me of rudebox by robbie williams....it's too different from what came before. I'm seriously hoping that the full versions of the song blow me away, but my faith has slided.

Fair play to them they are making music they want to and i'm happy for them, but this just isn't my cup o' tea.

and "Fallout" sounds exactly like Pendulum's live intro from 2007/2008 tours.

i can't find a clear clip of it as it was never released officially.

actually....this ones clearer

Edited by deano

My thoughts:

9. Blackout - I don't think any band/artist has ever made a song this unique. Screaming with weird videogame vibe music. One of my favourites and i bet it's going to be even better live because of the energy Chester's screaming will bring. Chester + Hahn = Win

ever heard of NintendoCore?

example:

Absoutely shockingly bad.

How terrible and amateurish doesBurning In The Skies, when they come for me, Robot boy and waiting for the end sound?

I've never disliked a single song on any LP album to date, this album is going to change that. Perhaps that is the big change LP are looking for, making crap albums.

It disappoints me so much. Because you can take some of the elements of these songs and mix them with new devide type of sound and you have something that is totally epic, totally LP but totally different fresh and new. But then you have this which is completely meh.

It comes as no surprise to me that the majority of the people already trash-talking this album (based on a total of 7 minutes and 18 seconds of material from a 48-minute album, mind you) come from "metal up your ass" country (a.k.a. Europe). I'm sorry, but if you people seriously expect "good music" to always consist of songs with heavy guitars, lots of screaming, and hard rocking drums, you've been following the wrong band for the last 10 years. Go listen to Korn or Godsmack or some other relic of the nu metal era if that's the kind of music you want to hear. You'll probably find their albums in the bargain bin at your local retailer.

Europe is not a country and I don't know if you've listened to any European music but all genres of music have their audiences (here in Greece, at least) . Open minded fans is just a rare species, no matter the country/continent or anything else. It's not like the Americans are better. Apart from that yes, it's just ridiculous that even though they've been talking about the new direction for months now, people still expect the same shit again.

Pop/new Gorillaz!?

Gorillaz kick major ass, fyi.

Edited by VavourasLP

some people will see it this way. Your in a long term relationship, and then suddenly, they try a new postion/move in bed. You either love it or hate it. Some will stick it out because they love them others will move on to another person to find what they originally found with that first person.

Personal taste

My thoughts:

1. The Requiem - Doesn't suck but isn't anything special. Could build up into something better.

2. The Radiance - Creeps me the fuck out. (had to put the lights on)

3. Burning In The Skies - Based on this clip Mike's part is relaxing but pretty boring. Chester however sings very good and his voice is beautiful. Sounds poppy but it doesn't matter because it's good music.

4. Empty Spaces - It is what it is i don't really know if this is good or bad might make the beginning of the next song better.

5. When They Come For Me - Didn't get me very exited. Is that egyptian "Aaaa-aa-aaa-aah" the chorus? Not really sure if it's good or bad.

6. Robot Boy - This is the weirdest song LP has made but it's very hypnotic and relaxing. I don't know if it will have any faster or louder parts. We'll see. Left me thinking if they will put effects in Chester's voice when he's singing this one live.

7. Jornada Del Muerto - Best instrumental on this album based on these snippets.

8. Waiting For The End - The beginning (chorus?) made me cum. Chester's voice is beautiful. If this is the next single i know people will call LP gay even more but i don't care. This sounds good to me and that's all that matters.

10. Wretches And Kings - Good song. Love the beats. Needs more Chester though.

11. Wisdom, Justice And Love - Aliens will love this.

12. Iridescent - Is this the chorus? Sounds good but not as good as the chorus in Burning In The Skies & Waiting For The End. My personal opinion of course.. :)

13. Fallout - I tried to listen this with a serious face but i failed and cracked :D

14. The Catalyst - "God bless us everyone".. No thanks. The religious lyrics ruin the vibe for me. The other parts are OK and the "Lift me up"- part is the only "Very good" part in this song.

15. The Messenger - My favourite. I'm loving every second of this clip and i've been playing this on my winamp on repeat. This song can only be ruined if Justin Bieber is featuring in it :D Nothing else.

This album has the best song names.

Good review, made on your own opinion.

And I don't like guys screaming like children: "Oooh, this is bad, bad, bad !!! Mama I want that guys make for me exactly what I want or will be veeeery sad :angry: :angry: :angry: "

You know what I mean...

Edited by Maxthunderer

Listened to the snippets and I have to say I only like "waiting for the end", "wretches and kings", "The catalyst" and "messenger". These 4 songs are worth listening to, because they have a kind of energy in it or in case of waiting for the end a chilling sound. BUT the rest... I'm shocked at this moment...where's the energy??? I mean, for me burning in the skies sounds gay as hell, what is that?? For songs like this I feel ashamed being a lp fan. I don't understand how they could produce something like this, when mike said there is also a lot of heavy stuff on the album. Does he mean the catalyst, blackout, wretches and kings with heavy stuff?? It's heavier then the rest, but still not heavy, sorry. He also said something about guitarsolos and lots of guitar in the songs, but I can barely figure it out.

And for those of you who want to call me lp hater or "you only dont want to change" bla bla bla, I´m really open minded for different music , but guys you can't like lp for everything they do. If you do so, you're not honest to yourself. I really like the 4 songs I named, but for the rest I have to wait for the full lenght and think over again, but I haven't got great hopes that my opinion will change.

For those of you who like all of the new material, feel glad and enjoy listening! LP is still a great band and maybe I have to keep on listening to the old stuff.

.....Only my thoughts!......