Lyrics in the Hybrid Theory booklet.

Crawling:

- "Consuming all I feel" instead of "These wounds, they will not heal"

Runaway:

- "Underneath a sky of dust" instead of "Under a sky of dust"

Forgotten:

- "Then with the eyes tightly shut" instead of "Then with the eyes shut"

----------------------------

"Remember The Name" lyrics in The Rising Tied booklet (one of Tak's verses has 2 lines that are completely different from what ended up on the album).

The Minutes To Midnight booklet was written before the band went to the NRG Recording Studios (before the album was finished).

After the band left The Mansion (in Laurel Canyon) the lyrics were changed, so the lyrics in the booklet are wrong.

Given Up:

- "I'm sick of living" instead of "I'm sick of feeling"

- "Looking for help somehow, somewhere and you don't care" instead of "And no one cares"

Bleed It Out

- "I open up these scars" instead of "I've opened up these scars"

- "I pull myself apart" instead of "I've pulled myself so far"

- The line "I open up these scars" is repeated before "I'll make you face this now"

Hands Held High

- "Have respect" instead of "And have some respect"

- "In my living room watching, I am not laughing" instead of "In my living room watching, but I am not laughing"

- "Kid my age drug under a Jeep" instead of "Kid my age drugged under a Jeep"

- "And meanwhile / The leader just talks away" instead of "Meanwhile / The leader just talks away"

No More Sorrow

- "Your campaign's a disguise" instead of "Your crusade's a disguise"

In Pieces:

- "Your regrets" instead of "And regrets"

- Chester doesn't sing the lines "There's truth in your lies / And doubt in your faith / What you build you lay to waste" before the second chorus

The Little Things Give You Away:

- "The levies are breaking" ("levees" is spelled incorrectly)

There's an official shirt saying Linkin Park was formed in Los Angeles in 1998.

"From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora" book states the band played 324 shows in 2001 when they only played 164.

"Slip (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)" - LP Underground 11

"Blue (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)" - LP Underground 11

"So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)" - LP Underground 12

Chester sings in these 3 songs. He joined the band in March 1999, so there's no way they were recorded in 1998.

The Ozzfest 2001 CD insert says, "Recorded live at Alpine Valley Music Theatre, Milwaukee, Wis. June 9, 2001 and at Deer Creek Amp. in East Troy, Wis. June 11, 2001", but a recording exists from the June 9th show and "With You" is not from that show. There was also no Linkin Park show on June 11th.

"Wonderful" from the Family Values Tour 2001 CD is not a real live track, it's actually a studio recording.

"Crawl Back In (Live at Sonisphere 2009)" from the Sonisphere EP was actually recorded in Ferropolis.

"Burning In The Skies" single says the live version of "Blackout" was recorded in 2010 at the Madison Square Garden but the show was actually in 2011.

While "Blackout" is labeled as being from Hamburg 2011 on the A Thousand Suns: Live Around the World release, the recording is in fact from Sydney 2010.

"Burberry (2015 Demo)" on LP Underground Sixteen is actually a shortened version of "Space Station", a song released in 2012.

Every version of the "Papercut" single says "From The Warner Bros. Albym 'Hybrid Theory'".

"Somewhere I Belong" single from Canada has "Step Up" listed as "Set Up" in the insert.

There are a few promo CDs with typos on track titles.

e.g. "The Cure" and "The Cure For Mr. Hahn's Itch" on the same CD (Studio Finals);

"Papercut" written as "Paper Cut" and "A Place For My Head" written as "A Place For Me" on an internal Hybrid Theory promo CD;

"Nunb/Encore" ("Numb" with N) on a "Numb/Encore" promo CD.

A VCD version of Frat Party At The Pankake Festival from the Philippines has "Linkin Park]:" (instead of "[Linkin Park]:") and "Rat Party At The Pankake Festival" pressed on the CD. The colors are also missing from the CD (it's all gray).

There is a typo on the back of the LP Underground 2.0 CD that incorrectly says Joe's last name is "Hand" instead of Hahn.

There are quite a few typos in the Reanimation DVD:

- In the credits screen "Making Of Pts.Of.Athrty" is listed as "Making Of Animated Pts.Of.Athry" (missing a "T").

- In the song screens "Wth>You" shows as "With>You", "Ntr/Mssion" shows as "Ntr/Mission" and "1stp Klosr" shows as "1stp Kloser".

- The "Ntr/Mission" typo is also present in the playlist.

Sticker of the "Special Limited Edition" of The Rising Tied says the DVD includes the "Believe Me" music video (+ its making of), but it's actually the "Petrified" video.

On the Living Things back cover "Powerless" has 13 dots instead of 12.

The "Expanded Edition" of the album Fantasies by Metric (the one with Mike's remix) has "2010" on the back cover, but this edition actually came out in 2011.

The LP Underground XIV tracklist contains some words spelled incorrectly: "Rhinocerous" instead of "Rhinoceros" and "Dave SBeat feat. Joe" instead of "Dave's Beat feat. Joe". It's unknown if this was a pressing mistake or if the spelling on the album was intentional.

Some copies of the limited special edition of The Rising Tied in Australia were manufactured with the regular edition CD (without bonus tracks). Fans were later allowed to exchange the CDs for fixed versions.

For years, all digital releases of the clean version of The Rising Tied came with explicit versions of "Feel Like Home" and "Kenji", and with the single version of "Believe Me" replacing the album version. As of late 2017, this has been fixed.

"We Made It" single from European Union has a clean version of the song as track 1 but track 2 is a dirty acapella version (even though the tracklist says it's clean). This mistake is also present on digital releases of the 3-track single.

The Record Store Day vinyl of Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes has a "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content" warning but the audio is actually censored. Fans were later sent replacement vinyls with explicit audio but not numbered.

The clean version of Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes on digital stores comes with an explicit version of "Bleed It Out".

You can clearly hear Mike say "motherfucker" at the end of the clean version of "When They Come For Me".

All digital releases of the clean version of A Thousand Suns comes with an explicit version of "Wretches And Kings".

Some of the New York City 2008 DSP pictures were released with the Lexington 2008 DSP.

There's an audio glitch on the "One Step Closer" track on the Burgettstown 2008 DSP. After "We Made It", Chester refers to Busta Rhymes as "one of the best rappers alive" and there's a big skip in the middle of the word "rappers."

An early version of the Canberra 2010 DSP was released by accident with "DNU" before the "New Divide" and "Crawling" track names (likely meaning "Do Not Upload"). The songs were removed and then replaced by "fixed" versions. Chester's vocals were edited.

The Uncasville 2012 DSP was originally released with Chester's vocals missing from the first half of "Given Up". The song was later reuploaded with a fixed version.

Starting in 2011, the covers for each individual DSP had the date and location written with a different font from the rest of the text on the cover.

Living Things (Acapellas and Instrumentals) contains several glitches. The most affected track is the instrumental version of "Castle Of Glass" with glitches at 0:36, 1:10, 1:28, and 2:36.

The acapella versions of "I'll Be Gone" and "Powerless" also feature glitches at 2:18 and 0:56 respectively.

On The Hunting Party: Acapellas + Instrumentals, there's a glitch at 2:57 on the instrumental version of "All For Nothing". The vocals can be heard for a split second.

Some of the One More Light instrumentals contain pitch shifted vocals and background vocals. Those are: "Good Goodbye", "Battle Symphony", "Invisible", "Sorry For Now", "Halfway Right", and "Sharp Edges".

Feel free to add anything.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawling lyrics in the Hybrid Theory booklet and Remember the Name lyrics in the Rising Tied booklet (one of Tak's verses has 2 lines that are completely different from what ended up on the album) come to mind. There are a few promo CDs with typos on track titles and stuff like that too.

Edited by Astat

You mean something like "Points & Authority" ?

That one may be a correct early title for that song for all we know, hard to say since it's a title that doesn't appear in the song's lyrics.

"The Cure" and "The Cure For Mr. Hahn's Itch" on the same CD (Studio Finals).

Yep, "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" = CFTI, and Pushing Me Away should just be under its usual title.

I don't think that the dots on Powerless are a mistake or wrong information, I think it might be intentional.

Since the lyrics in the booklet were wrong, does it mean the band recorded a version of the songs with the lyrics from the booklet?

Not necessarily. The lyrics in the booklet are usually transcribed from printed lyrics provided by the band. There's always the possibility of a lyrical change happening without being written down, so the "incorrect" version may have never been recorded. Possible though.

The weird thing about Crawling is that even the demo version has the "these wounds, they will not heal" line in it, so it'd be kind of strange for that line to have changed to "consuming all I feel," only to be changed back to what it was in the first place. I guess weirder things have happened though.

IMO, when you listen to the studio version of Given Up, ''I'm sick of feeling'' could easily be misinterpreted as ''I'm sick of living'', it almost sounds like it. But the other mistakes are way different, like the Bleed It Out lyrics and the No More Sorrow lyrics, those are a lot different. Also, the printed lyrics for Given Up have ''I hyperventilate, looking for help somehow somewhere, and you don't care'' instead of what he sings in the studio version, which is ''I hyperventilate, looking for help somehow somewhere, and no one cares''. But at the Athens 2009 show, Chester actually sang ''and you don't care'', so maybe there was an earlier version of Given Up with that lyric, and for some reason in his brain, the old lyric came out.

Crawling lyrics in the Hybrid Theory booklet and Remember the Name lyrics in the Rising Tied booklet (one of Tak's verses has 2 lines that are completely different from what ended up on the album) come to mind. There are a few promo CDs with typos on track titles and stuff like that too.

Added.

But at the Athens 2009 show, Chester actually sang ''and you don't care'', so maybe there was an earlier version of Given Up with that lyric, and for some reason in his brain, the old lyric came out.

Damn, great find there Geki. That's something I never knew about. How in the world do you continually notice all of these small things? Haha.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised that I haven't heard many people talk about this (maybe I just bought a "special" one), but the back of the 2012 Summer Tour shirt (this one) has a typo. Instead of "Bucharest, RO", it says "Bucharestm RO".

They really need to check over their shirts :P If this is only the shirt I bought I'll try to grab a picture of it, since I havent seen anyone else ever mention it I think this might exclusively by my problem.

• 6 months later...

I thik there is a mistake on the Until It's Gone CD cover. This gif will show you one of the difference between UIG digital and UIG CD covers, which I think is a mistake.

What do you guys think? Is this should be listed?

Since some elements were removed from the original artwork anyway, I'll just call it bad editing rather than a mistake.