Record Store Day 2016: Linkin Park & Fort Minor

Razorkvn

Fort Minor vinyl is a double LP (three sides, presumably the fourth side will have some kind of etching), but interestingly the making of Petrified/Petrified music video are tagged on at the end of the tracklisting, so I'd assume it either comes with a DVD or a digital bonus type thing: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8380

The track list was updated and no longer includes the Making of TRT and Petrified "video"

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8380

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of cool releases on RSD this year, as usual. Always hard to get them in store since it takes travel time, hours of waiting in line, etc to get them. I'd rather pay $10-20 more for it and just grab it on eBay.

no one sells them online?

no one sells them online?

Oh don't worry about that! All RSD releases go to multiple stores around the world which have an option to purchase online. Even Poland has some places that are participating in the RSD but not everyone have every release. Good that at least two in Poland will have LP and FM i believe since they had both previous releases available for a good price! (and yeah expect some assholes bumping up the prices three times high than the normal RSD price)

Edited by michalangelo

Oh don't worry about that! All RSD releases go to multiple stores around the world which have an option to purchase online. Even Poland has some places that are participating in the RSD but not everyone have every release. Good that at least two in Poland will have LP and FM i believe since they had both previous releases available for a good price! (and yeah expect some assholes bumping up the prices three times high than the normal RSD price)

Where can i find list of stores participating in RSD16? I mean all of them, since it seems like recordstoreday.com lists only USA stores.

Where can i find list of stores participating in RSD16? I mean all of them, since it seems like recordstoreday.com lists only USA stores.

RSD website also lists international stores! Participating stores -> Under state click International search -> select country and GO.

There are 4 stores in Russia and one in Ukraine. But remember what I said and what RSD has on their website: Not every store has every RSD release so either aks if they'll have what You want or ask if they could get it for You.

Edited by michalangelo

Thing with amazon is that they often advertise regular re-stock as a new release so until we get any other confirmation (and as of today there is no info on Warner catalogues) I believe that this is just a re-stock. Still a good place to get Reanimation CHEAP! Will think about getting a copy for sure :)

RSD website also lists international stores! Participating stores -> Under state click International search -> select country and GO.

There are 4 stores in Russia and one in Ukraine. But remember what I said and what RSD has on their website: Not every store has every RSD release so either aks if they'll have what You want or ask if they could get it for You.

Thanks, didn't notice that

I still don't understand exactly how this works, because I've been told numerous times by RSD-participating stores over the years that the entire point of RSD is that you have to physically go to your local record store to take part in it. You can't pre-order anything, you can't reserve a copy of anything, and you can't order anything online unless there's extra stock after RSD is over.

I still don't understand exactly how this works, because I've been told numerous times by RSD-participating stores over the years that the entire point of RSD is that you have to physically go to your local record store to take part in it. You can't pre-order anything, you can't reserve a copy of anything, and you can't order anything online unless there's extra stock after RSD is over.

The answer is simple: very high international demand. Portion of each RSD release is printed in different countries, for example HT RSD was printed in Canada for the canadian and us market and then some of the records were printed in the EU for EU market. Then the game is simple: one is that the participating stores get a quota from the manufacturer especially for the RSD, you have to go to the store to get a copy. Then afterwards they sell the remaining copies online, few days after the RSD. Other local stores actually send people to get the records in RSD participating stores and then list them on their online stores with x2-x3 price. Another thing is that some of the participating stores actually can and they do allow a preorder. It's not official but once you ask you'll get what you want for a certain price of course (and it's common thing in Europe). Been there, but did not do that with the HT release for the stupidly high price the offered lol Not fair you'll say? What's fair these days? Again, high demand creates different opportunities.

And that makes me stupid how? :P

Not You, the person who decided to add the DVD to a vinyl release :P

Edited by michalangelo

Now I have one more question? Why did they choose to include DVDs of the concert instead of the blu Ray version?

DVD is still the most common format, and a ton of people don't even know/see/understand what the difference is anyway.

*raises hand*

Too confusing to keep changing the format. DVD is good.

The DVD era is over there's no comparison in the quality of the picture.

The only reason that DVD's still exist is because they are way cheaper to make than a Bluray.

Not You, the person who decided to add the DVD to a vinyl release :P

Exactly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...