Mike Shinoda Confirms New Solo Album

hahninator

What on earth makes you think that Mike will make an album, presumably about moving on from the loss of Chester, would bring on someone who doesn't believe understands the same feelings he'll be singing about, assuming he brings on anyone in the first place? Get your head out of your ass and stop complaining.

You try sifting through hours upon hours of hard work you made with one of your best friends for more than two decades who died by suicide.

...How the fuck was I complaining?? What are you talking about? When did I once complain about Mike making a solo album? I was wondering if he will possibly have guest features on some of the songs. He said not all the songs are sad songs, etc. And even if they were sad songs, he can still have features. Have you seen MGK's cover of Numb that he did after Chester passed and what he said about Chester after he passed? He performed at the Hollywood Bowl show that I thought you went to, surely you would have seen that? He said he liked Chester a lot and looked up to him as an artist. How do you know what he has been through in life? You think Mike is the only person to have ever lost someone to suicide? It happens every day, somewhere. It's a terrible tragedy and you can't possibly come at me with that argument that he could never collab with Mike for the album just because he ''doesn't know what it feels like'' or whatever. That's one of the stupidest fucking things I have ever heard in my life bro. He's friends with Mike so I was just naturally assuming possibly he could be one of the guests if he were to have guests. Maybe he won't have guests at all. So many hip-hop and pop and basically every genre of music have guest spots on their records. I'm not sure what you're getting so triggered about with my post because it was meant as nothing but contributing to the discussion of his new music he's working on. I think you just want to attack me or silence me, that's how it seems to me. I could say that I think Numb is a good song and you'd find some way to either attack me or discredit me for it. I have just as much of a right to be a fan as you do, as anyone else does. Sorry, that's how the world works.

Edited by Geki

I completely agree with Geki. RogueSoul attacked him for suggesting the Mike may have collaborations on the album which is kinda ridiculous.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guest spot or two on here. Mike has made a lot of friends in the music business and it's perfectly reasonable that he'd reach out to one or more of them to contribute on this album especially if it's not all sad songs or dealing with Chester's passing.

Edited by leftshoe18

To be honest, i never thought Mike would actually release any music since Chester's passing. I was gearing myself up for an hiates for (insert a number) years. Then the "Post Traumatic" EP came. I always had a tremendous amount of respect for Mike, but at this point i would classified him as a national treasure. The work ethic, the willpower, the musicianship, the class, hats of to that.

Like i said i am stoked for the new album!

But he sings about him on EP and also in his new album he will sing about him.

You're not him and you're not in his situation. Some things may be more difficult for Mike and the band than you think. I'm sure we'll get more LPU demos in the future

I interpreted you saying "MGK and shit" as you calling out others and putting down the music, my fault. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's just how I talk. ''And shit'' is like ''And stuff'', etc. I grew up in the hood basically. I actually don't hate MGK, I think he is alright. I did like his cover of Numb, too. But yeah, to further elaborate, I think it's possible we may see a few guest spots on the album. Like I said, Mike said not all of the songs are sad songs. Imagine something like The Hard Way from FM. It's emotional, yet has a guest feature. Stuff like that. I don't think there will be a lot of guest spots, but maybe a few. And I know he's become pretty good friends with MGK, that's why I used him as an example, and he's also a fellow rapper. We might even see someone like Blackbear. Who knows. It's just random guessing.

That's just how I talk. ''And shit'' is like ''And stuff'', etc. I grew up in the hood basically. I actually don't hate MGK, I think he is alright. I did like his cover of Numb, too. But yeah, to further elaborate, I think it's possible we may see a few guest spots on the album. Like I said, Mike said not all of the songs are sad songs. Imagine something like The Hard Way from FM. It's emotional, yet has a guest feature. Stuff like that. I don't think there will be a lot of guest spots, but maybe a few. And I know he's become pretty good friends with MGK, that's why I used him as an example, and he's also a fellow rapper. We might even see someone like Blackbear. Who knows. It's just random guessing.

Blackbear with Mike would be fucking fire

Blackbear with Mike would be fucking fire

Yeah it would and Blackbear has sung a lot of emotional inspired songs. Look at the song Down The Road he did with MGK years back. Amongst other shit. I could see him singing a chorus on a Mike Shinoda solo song and it sounding good.

The whole MGK deal to me sounds like when people STILL compare to this day Mike with Eminem and how they should do some song together. Nothing against Em, I like some of his songs, but I would rather see a different artist, like how he did with Reanimation, badass remixes with not so well-known rappers at least from the mainstream's scene perspective. That would be cool as hell in my opinion

To be honest, i never thought Mike would actually release any music since Chester's passing. I was gearing myself up for an hiates for (insert a number) years. Then the "Post Traumatic" EP came. I always had a tremendous amount of respect for Mike, but at this point i would classified him as a national treasure. The work ethic, the willpower, the musicianship, the class, hats of to that.

Like i said i am stoked for the new album!

Couldn't agree more. The EP really surprised me. The music on it is A+. Looking forward to the album.

I wonder if he’ll have guest features like he did with the FM stuff. I can already see people like Machine Gun Kelly and shit on there.

I don't think he will, considering this would be a more personal album. But if its not solely dedicated to Chester, I don't see any reason why not.

About the album guys, when do u think he s gonna drop it? I mean I m not expecting it too soon but I don t even think we ll have to wait 6 months to hear 1st single, seen that he s already shooting a video and played an almost finished song to the fans 3 days ago.

About the album guys, when do u think he s gonna drop it? I mean I m not expecting it too soon but I don t even think we ll have to wait 6 months to hear 1st single, seen that he s already shooting a video and played an almost finished song to the fans 3 days ago.

July 2018