Avicii to work with Mike Shinoda (and others) on new album

LinkinMark

Something I stumbled across on Twitter. @LinkinMark92 ;)

"the Swedish DJ, whose real name is Tim Bergling, told Rolling Stone. "No one’s doing this approach to the electronic music, so it’s exciting to me that EDM is at a place where it’s even possible to do it like this."

When he says, "do it like this," what he means is put together an eclectic group of artists from all walks of music to make his next album, which he says is due in late spring or early summer. The roster includes Mike Einzinger of Incubus, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, disco king (and David Bowie and Daft Punk collaborator) Nile Rodgers as well as Mac Davis, the country great who wrote the Elvis Presley hits "A Little Less Conversation," "Kentucky Rain," and "In The Ghetto.""

Full article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/avi...-album-20130209

Edited by LINKINMARK

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My guess is, he's going to co produced the record. Cause if he would sing or rap, that will be the first time Mike Shinoda doing vocals over a EDM track

Okay so this is not correct anymore. :P

Here's "True" tracklist, nothing about Mike Shinoda, M. Shinoda, MS, MC Mike or anything related. Another lost song or it will pop up as a bonus track?

Okay so this is not correct anymore. :P

Here's "True" tracklist, nothing about Mike Shinoda, M. Shinoda, MS, MC Mike or anything related. Another lost song or it will pop up as a bonus track?

Nice to see a fair few good names on the writers list. Mike Einziger, Imagine Dragons etc. Shame MS isnt on it.

Aloe Blacc's interview From Rollingstone:

- Were you surprised when you were called in to work on Avicii's new record? How did it happen?

The call from Avicii did come as a surprise but I am up for experimenting. Mike Shinoda, who knows of me through a mutual friend from my hip-hop days, suggested to Avicii that I sing on his album. We initially met at Westlake Studios in L.A. where Michael Jackson recorded the Off the Wall and Thriller albums. It was there that I recorded the vocals to "Black & Blue" written by Mac Davis and also wrote a fresh idea with Avicii. Not too long after, he invited me to Mike Einziger's home studio for a session to write what would become "Wake Me Up."

Source.

Maybe he was just the executive producer for one/some of the songs..

• 3 months later...

Today I randomly heard at SWR3 (german radio) that Mike (Shinoda) was on Pro tools and recorded Mike Einziger's guitar part for the song "Wake me up".

The reason no one is mentioned on the tracklist is because Avicii's management does not allow any other names on the album. If you do not agree with it (a lot of artists didn't) the particular song simply doesn't make it on the album.

Today I randomly heard at SWR3 (german radio) that Mike (Shinoda) was on Pro tools and recorded Mike Einziger's guitar part for the song "Wake me up".

The reason no one is mentioned on the tracklist is because Avicii's management does not allow any other names on the album. If you do not agree with it (a lot of artists didn't) the particular song simply doesn't make it on the album.

Only on the back cover (and official releases of course), but you can see the names inside the booklet (without Mike).

But yeah, it seems like Wake Me Up is the only song that Mike was part of.

I also heard on a german radio station (it's possible that it was SWR3, too) that Mike Shinoda had the idea to bring in Aloe Blacc for the vocals while they were tossing around with a few song ideas in the studio. That was 2 months ago and I thought that this was already known...

Maybe Mike Shinoda isn't mentioned in the booklet because he didn't work directly on any song?

Hopefully the Avicii project won't be finished and released. Too boring to hear these awful dance songs and not real LP. It smells too money for me.

What do you mean? The album is out since September. So it is already finished and released ;)

• 2 months later...