"Much-Too-Easy" By Myself Demo

AmbienT

Xero Hunting Team presents the 8 second demo clip of a By Myself demo previously known with the fan given name "Much-Too-Easy".

It was circulating a while back however over the years became lost and is no where to be found online. This demo was playing in Mike's headphones during final recording vocal takes of By Myself out of the bands debut album Hybrid Theory. In the demo a pre-finalized lyric can be heard sung by Chester . The full track doesn't exist online and most likely wont be found.

Here is an audio file with the outcome: (Much-Too-Easy-AmbienTXeroHuntingTeam.wav)

Props to Xero Hunting Team (@SerioDrew , @xxHybridXeroxx , @unluckyfridays , @AmbienT) and LPLive.

If anyone is interested in joining the Xero Hunting Team PM me or @SerioDrew in LPLIVE

Edited by AmbienT

This is just the clip heard in Mike's headphones on the By Myself multitracks amplified a considerable amount (I even recreated it with the multitracks myself to make sure). The actual demo in question was never in circulation.

Edited by Astat

We know what it is Astat lol. But since this has been around for a while but no where to be found I figured might aswell make it again.😂 we also wrote the full track was never in circulation

Edited by AmbienT

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this the demo that everyone is looking for? The 2nd song superxero is by myself

https://youtu.be/2a6gGGbNu_w

No, the 8-seconds clip in question features Chester singing "it's much too easy being lost" during the chorus while in all the demos we have (as well as in the final album version) he sings "it's all too much to take in." The full demo was never released to the public. Probably only the band has it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Hybrider said:

And don't forget on "And One" studio version that was played live. I want this version so much.

I don't think there was a studio recording of that version or it would have likely appeared with the updated Part of Me and Carousel on those demos. Though I suppose they could have done it around the time they rerecorded High Voltage.

1 minute ago, leftshoe18 said:

I don't think there was a studio recording of that version or it would have likely appeared with the updated Part of Me and Carousel on those demos. Though I suppose they could have done it around the time they rerecorded High Voltage.

There is a studio recording of it from 2000. I asked Jeff Blue and he confirmed it.

Edited by Hybrider
Grammar

With the info gave by Jeff Blue and the knowledgement we had from songs we didn't received, we could mount a tracklist like this:

CD1: Xero
01. Unknown (Xero Demo) - Dave Garett uploaded track
02. Deftest (Xero Demo)
03. Dreamer (Xero Demo)
04. Weight (Xero Demo)
05. Step Up (Xero Demo)
06. Carousel (Xero Demo)
07. Slip (Xero Demo)
08. Pointlism (Xero Demo)

CD2: Hybrid Theory
01. Kids (Dedicated Demo)
02. Flower (She Couldn't Demo)
03. Turn to Grey (1999 Demo)
04. Ashes (1999 Demo)
05. Slip (2000 Demo)
06. Pictureboard (2000 Demo)
07. And One (2000 Demo)
08. Harmonic Song (Pushing Me Away Demo)