Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

I have to disagree here. the interludes made ATS worse

If the interludes were not their own tracks, but tacked on to the other songs (like Empty Spaces was part of WTCFM/BITS, Fallout was part of The Catalyst, etc.), would you still feel the same way?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BURN IT DOWN SOUNDS SO FUCKING HEAVY. OMG. I CAN JUDGE A SONG BY THE NAME OF THE TITLE, AND SINCE BURN IT DOWN HAS THE WORD DOWN IN IT, AND SINCE HEAVY THINGS BRING LIGHT THINGS "LOWER" AKA DOWN, THEN THIS SONG MUST BE HEAVY AS FUCK! I LOVE YOU LINKIN PARK. YOU ARE MY LOVER. KEEP MAKING HEAVY MUSIC BECAUSE IT MAKES MY BONER GO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:lol: Good one.

Well, "Burn it Down" doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song title but the release date sounds legit. I'm so looking forward to hearing their new stuff. The recent interviews got me very excited.

AllAccess and FMQB are pretty reliable. They're sites for the radio branche, DJ's etc..

ok, two sources - i concede, this is starting to become quite legit.

awaits radio promo disc prices on ebay to go astronomical on this :lol:

That news is sick. Adds up hope for new album's release early summer.

Anyway, I don't like the title that much. It sounds energetic and kinda non-generic for Linkin Park, but I fear new record will get too distant from melodic-style tracks like Burning In The Skies, Iridescent, Little Things Give You Away or Robot Boy.

But if it's close to Wretches And Kings I won't protest though. Just, please, let it not be another Hybrid Theory. X_X

EDIT: Triple A's release date note for Regina Spektor's (a russian-born american singer) new single got recently pushed from March 26th to April 23. That may mean that "Burn It Down" release date may also be not that final. :unsure:

Edited by Pro_Ice

If the interludes were not their own tracks, but tacked on to the other songs (like Empty Spaces was part of WTCFM/BITS, Fallout was part of The Catalyst, etc.), would you still feel the same way?

I would feel the same way, because it would be like an annpoying little part to the end (or beginning) of a song. I dislike them completely and wish they weren't there.

:lol: Good one.

Well, "Burn it Down" doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song title but the release date sounds legit. I'm so looking forward to hearing their new stuff. The recent interviews got me very excited.

It sounds generic to LP because it's another three word single title lol. but i love the title name Edited by Bliss

very generic song title, and unlike what someone said that it doesn't sound very lp'ish, it actually does. Bleed it out is very close.

But 'what's in a name' so can't wait for it. If its fake... i won't be surprised either way.

I'm back fron a long time !!!

In my opinion this news are very legit. All the news were based on April.

The band was talking about the new music will be released very soon, so why not the World Premiere can't be on April 16 ?

But the Single Release will be in May is my bet.

I don't go on LPA unless thers new interviews out but I will check it out

Edit: Derek gloating about how they were the first LP website to post information about it. I hate that LPA is always so cocky

Hey now, no need to throw stones at other fansites. Why can't we all just get along, yeah?

besides LPL has had a shit-ton of exclusives, there's no need to defend this site or argue its merits.

Conversation from LPA: posted by general- The fact people think it is fake is just funny. There has never been any fake information posted on Mediabase before. It is what we use at radio and I can indeed confirm that my station was notified about this yesterday afternoon before the PD left the office. Point being, mediabase never posts any fake info. It is directly supplied from the label. Now they date can certainly be pushed back, but this isn't a rumor or anything and as of yesterday April 16th was a done deal.

Posted by Derek- General works for a radio station. He helped us back during MTM with confirming some things. We can consider this baby all but official (although I never doubted it).

All that's left is for the band members to *confirm* it.

YES! I never doubted it and looks to be 100% legit!

Edited by Bliss

Sorry to break the 69 comment mark guys ;) I am going to believe this, I don't know much about the sites that confirmed it but my friend sent me the link to the site a few days before it was posted here. Radio stations usually don't display false info unless it's a typo so I'm going to be optimistic and say it's legit :)

Conversation from LPA: posted by general- The fact people think it is fake is just funny. There has never been any fake information posted on Mediabase before. It is what we use at radio and I can indeed confirm that my station was notified about this yesterday afternoon before the PD left the office. Point being, mediabase never posts any fake info. It is directly supplied from the label. Now they date can certainly be pushed back, but this isn't a rumor or anything and as of yesterday April 16th was a done deal.

Posted by Derek- General works for a radio station. He helped us back during MTM with confirming some things. We can consider this baby all but official (although I never doubted it).

All that's left is for the band members to *confirm* it.

YES! I never doubted it and looks to be 100% legit!

DANG! GUYS! IT'S LEGIT!

This is a good time for me to end my 6 month absence of not posting. There's been some big news the last couple weeks but this is the biggest.

Perhaps Burn It Down will be the secret sequel to Burning In the Skies :P. With two sources backing this up, I don't see any reason to doubt this. This news fits together with some of the other things going on such as the recent video shoot.

It's a fairly vague name though. It doesn't really say what the song will be about or what it will sound like.

If the single really does end up coming out April 16, then it has huge implications for the album release date. What I've Done was released a little more than a month before M2M. The Catalyst was also released a little more than a month before ATS. If this ends up happening, then I have to think this album isn't coming out any later than June. And that means that Rolling Stone and a couple other sites which have pointed towards Fall/November are wrong.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur