Linkin Park to play Pinkpop 2012?

hahninator

LPLive user Frank has posted that LP is rumored to play Pinkpop this year.

"A dutch radio station has confirmed that the contract between linkin park and the pinkpop festival are almost signed. Which would make sense, the 2 confirmed headliners of pinkpop attract a lot of older people(springsteen and the cure), so linkin park would be a big name for 'more younger people'. If this is true, they will be (maybe co) headlining the same day soundgarden is playing..maybe chester will perform hunger strike with them? would be awesome."

Festileaks, a popular website that posts "insider" information from the music industry (including strong rumors and semi-confirmations), has actually picked up on this and posted about LP at Pinkpop in 2012. The festival occurs from May 26-28, 2012.

Of course nothing is confirmed and this is only a rumor. Many rumors don't end up happening - see the Pinkpop rumor for last year and the rumor LP was playing a Parc des Princes show in France, but some do occur! Linkin Park last played Pinkpop in May 2007, their only appearance at the festival so far (show page here). A 2003 headlining show by LP there was part of the canceled 2003 summer tour.

Thoughts?

EDIT: LPL member anvanoppens posted about another update to this rumor here.

"During the radio show, MetMichiel, he once again reveals the arrival of Linkin Park and Ben Howard.

I think Jan Smith, Mr. Pinkpop, will go insane. After this week, The Cure (whispers) Linkin Park, I also dare to say that Ben Howard will be on the lovely festival.""

Source.

Probably be adding Download & Greenfield Festivals to the rumor list soon.

They played Download last year and the full Download headliners lineup is already out. http://fido.apps.ln-trust.com/publishing/c...load-poster.png

The Prodigy (lol they opened for LP), Black Sabbath and Metallica.

Looks like with how many festivals LP is playing, a Chester/Soundgarden collab could likely happen. LP sadly doesn't take advantage of collabs at festivals very much anymore though. Aaron Lewis in 2003 at Reading but not so much recently...Jonathan Davis in 2007 was at most of their fests playing with Korn.

Greenfield: http://www.greenfieldfestival.ch/intro/index.php

Die Artze, Billy Talent, Rise Against, etc. LP could easily come in and headline that (if they don't have their headliners already).

This would be gay.

I live in Holland, and in 2007 I went to Pinkpop because of LP and Stone Sour. It wasn't bad, but standing between those silly three-hugging people with their Pink-hats and complaining style (LP is for kids, LP is for faggots, LP are just jumping around with their sorrow-songs etc.), disgusted me. LP's show was great (great setlist, much energy, good audio), but the crowd and the bright and clouded sky fucked a lot of things for me.

When LP would be playing in The Gelredome on their own (50.000 people), or Ahoy (14.500) or even Heineken Music Hall (5000) , THAT would be great for me. But those silly people around we who don't care about LP ruined it the last time for me. I dont care about the price (80 euros, so 100 dollars), I would pay the same for a normal LP concert.

Edited by Kruspe

This would be gay.

I live in Holland, and in 2007 I went to Pinkpop because of LP and Stone Sour. It wasn't bad, but standing between those silly three-hugging people with their Pink-hats and complaining style (LP is for kids, LP is for faggots, LP are just jumping around with their sorrow-songs etc.), disgusted me. LP's show was great (great setlist, much energy, good audio), but the crowd and the bright and clouded sky fucked a lot of things for me.

When LP would be playing in The Gelredome on their own (50.000 people), or Ahoy (14.500) or even Heineken Music Hall (5000) , THAT would be great for me. But those silly people around we who don't care about LP ruined it the last time for me. I dont care about the price (80 euros, so 100 dollars), I would pay the same for a normal LP concert.

Quite exactly my opinion. Solo shows are so much better.

need to ask adam or mike..........aren't they working on record? Don't think so they will play there

They are playing Rock am Ring/Rock im Park a few days later so that makes it every likely. They will be definitely on tour around that time.

Quite exactly my opinion. Solo shows are so much better.

They are playing Rock am Ring/Rock im Park a few days later so that makes it every likely. They will be definitely on tour around that time.

yeah,it's possible too if they're really going for a concert in spain.not a big deal,well mike is packed & ready to go indonesia at sundance festival

well guys,the lpl team,I wanna thnkyou for lp's show details even from xero days...you guys helped me a lot .thankyou so much

The Prodigy (lol they opened for LP), Black Sabbath and Metallica.

Just look the Worlds On Fire Show from Prodigy at Milton Keys and compare it with the Road To Revolution Show and you stop laughing. You can´t compare The Prodigy in the states and in europe especially in UK ;)

Yeah! Im so excited of coming summer 2012. Tomorrow Live Nation agency should notify the new music show in the Czech Republic this year. Name an artist not yet known. This information was probably the answer to the fans questions, if the LP will come to the Czech Rep. this year.

But whether yes or no... certainly I go to a some show in abroad. Maybe again Germany (not RaR or RiP), or France (oh, legendary Bercy!), if there will be.

And what about you? Better for the LP shows you go abroad, or prefer to go in your home?

Edit: Notified artist is Metallica.

Edited by navabaca

Another update has been posted!

The bottom of this page: http://www.pinksteren2012.nl/pinkpop-2012/ says the following message:

"Update: Giel Beelen heeft in de wandelgangen opgevangen dat ook Linkin Park van de partij zal zijn op Pinkpop! Het is nog wel even wachten op een officiele bevestiging!"

English:

Update: Giel Beelen has caught on the way that also Linkin Park will be playing at Pinkpop! We still need to be patient for an official confirmation though!

(Date of post: Unkown)

Edited by anvanoppens