• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHERE ARE MY HYBRID THEORY POWER CHORDS

MIKE YOU LIED TO US ONCE AGAIN YOU LYING LIAR

NEVER LISTENING TO THIS BAND AGAIN

there, now no one else has to do it. You're welcome.

haha yeah

ok,

SOMEDUDEREMIX HAS DONE ALL THE BITCHING ABOUT THIS ALBUM THAT IS NECESSARY.

THERE IS NO NO MORE THAT CAN BE SAID.

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

I like how the trailer supposedly gives a brief hint of what the sound of the album will be like and then BID just has nothing to do with it, with the dancey beat and mike showing up just like a random rapper in a fashion similar to Usher in Rebecca Black's Friday.

This. This is quite possible the worst song written by them. The artwork, however is very cool.

Edited by AudioNick

chester's vocal line on the words like know and glow are very "classic"

- "kno-A-o-Oh-"

he does the exact same pattern on Iridescent on the "let it go" lines

i was kind of humming along to BID and i found myself doing that same melody along to chester without even knowing it was coming up. it's nice though, i like that little progression he does, it's like a signature.

EDIT: the lines "we're building it up/to break it back down" are sung quite similarly to the "lift me up/let me go" in The Catalyst, I can see these two being mashed-up together

dear remixers,

you're welcome.

sincerely

LGraham

:lol:

Edited by LGraham

chester's vocal line on the words like know and glow are very "classic"

- "kno-A-o-Oh-"

he does the exact same pattern on Iridescent on the "let it go" lines

i was kind of humming along to BID and i found myself doing that same melody along to chester without even knowing it was coming up. it's nice though, i like that little progression he does, it's like a signature.

EDIT: the lines "we're building it up/to break it back down" are sung quite similarly to the "lift me up/let me go" in The Catalyst, I can see these two being mashed-up together

dear remixers,

you're welcome.

sincerely

LGraham

:lol:

This! I was humming along too, it's something you can just click with. Good choice for a single. Reminded me a little of WID too, classic LP style but fresh. That album art by the way MORE than makes up for the title. It's stunning!

As I expected, the song is way better than the snippet seemed to me. I still don't think it's that good, but I like the way it's made - I realized some of those old era tools Mike mentioned in his blogpost mixed with ATS tools I liked.

So it leads me to look forward to the album. Especially because BID is just too much pop for me and I think the spin interview said it's really popish (despite the other songs they listened to).

The lyrics bring me back to HT and Meteora, and the beat is really cool despite the lack of guitars (even though the heavy synth reminds me of heavy LP guitars).

I'm actually pretty sure there are heavy guitars mixed into the chorus... Edited by NiKmaN

There are definitely guitars during the chorus.

I really hope that, if we get a Super Deluxe Fan Edition, that it comes with a print of the album cover, because I'd put that motherfucker up in an instant. The more I look at the cover the more I love it.

"And fan the flames as your blazes burn! - fucking awesome line!

Really like the song. The music itself almost reminds me of depeche mode...almost.

As for the album cover, its fantastic. It reminds me of the metal gear solid artwork.

Also, the intro is the same as the one floating around weeks ago. Did anybody notice that?

Must...resist...urge....to...post...in...LPA...and....RUB IT IN THEIR FUCKING FACES for calling it fake. :lol:

Listened to it several times now..

full track is good...not epic or mind blowing but solid. I also like it bit more than I liked the catalyst in the first few days.

And I have to agree with almost everyone that the album cover looks epic! Immediately loved it!

Can't wait to pre-order this album.

To be fair to LPA they were only trying to cover their ass in case it wasn't real that's all. Not digging the whole rivalry that seems to have come about through a few sites lately - they're all there to promote the same news about the band so form your own opinions of what you think is real and what isn't.

And going back to my comment on guitars though I don't think it was necessarily me that was being targeted with those jibes as I did say a little more would be nice indicating I realised there was some in there. But, what I meant was it would be nice to maybe just hear actual distorted guitar (that is associated with rock music in general not just nu-metal!) rather than the layered effect they have so it's almost like it's part of the heavy synth or whatever it is in the chorus.

As I said before ATS is a brilliant album but I do tend to lean towards heavier music so please don't go with the whole nu-metal thing as I'm as much against them making a HT part 3 as anyone else!

Tracklist of Living Things:

01 LOST IN THE ECHO

02 IN MY REMAINS

03 BURN IT DOWN

04 LIES GREED MISERY

05 I'LL BE GONE

06 CASTLE OF GLASS

07 VICTIMIZED

08 ROADS UNTRAVELED

09 SKIN TO BONE

10 UNTIL IT BREAKS

11 TINFOIL

12 POWERLESS

Like I said in the other topic, weird shit going on in that tracklist. I'm curious as to what Tinfoil is going to sound like. Maybe it's an instrumental; it's in the instrumental slot if we're going by the HT/Meteora tracklists.

Also looks like no intro track. Oh well.

01 LOST IN THE ECHO

02 IN MY REMAINS

03 BURN IT DOWN

04 LIES GREED MISERY

05 I'LL BE GONE

06 CASTLE OF GLASS

07 VICTIMIZED

08 ROADS UNTRAVELED

09 SKIN TO BONE

10 UNTIL IT BREAKS

11 TINFOIL

12 POWERLESS

Where'd you get this?

'LIES GREED MISERY' = 'WISDOM, JUSTICE AND LOVE' (pt 2)

"TINFOIL" = instrumental???

Great song names btw

01 LOST IN THE ECHO

02 IN MY REMAINS

03 BURN IT DOWN

04 LIES GREED MISERY

05 I'LL BE GONE

06 CASTLE OF GLASS

07 VICTIMIZED

08 ROADS UNTRAVELED

09 SKIN TO BONE

10 UNTIL IT BREAKS

11 TINFOIL

12 POWERLESS

-_-

source?

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/preorder/...gs/id519284747

iTunes New Zealand good enough for you cats?

hahah alright, ok

we've had a lot of fake shit in the past few days - can't blame me fore being skeptical :P

anyway, there is a newswire thread for the album tracklisting, so lets try to keep that discussion in this thread

Edited by LGraham

I like it. Chester nails the verses and you can never complain about Mike's rapping, it is just so good! The breakdown is amazing too. I didn't expect it to be that electronic though and it isn't absolute mind - blowing, but a good song overall!

I liked The Catalyst better as the first single, but LP have never been good at chosing a lead single which is why I'm really looking forward to the album.