Thrash Hits have some potential album news...

Rob_Wilson

The album is going to be out earlier than expected

im with this information, Rob in the chat said that Chaz and Mike were recording vocals and im pretty sure that's the last thing they always do at every record

I agree with you on this, vocals are the last thing and also, in the previous albums the album name is usually done at the very end and with the talk of album titles being on the chat with rob (even if Mike did have some joke ones), this album could be out before long!

Edited by Strandty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st i also agree that vocals are usually th last thing recorded before mixing and record completion. Now ii dig theres gossip on linkin park lately as newsfront has been quiet. Anyone expecting another hybrid theory (aka metal album) for the forseeable future will need to give it up. As for record sales, they dont mean squat when most music fans choose to download illegally on the net rather than pay for the albums/singles coz of hard times ecomonically and even then theyd still rather use their money for wat ever use so now its not defined on if linkin park sells 12 million records again on one album coz it wont happen. Rather its defined on how the live shows are and if the fans like their albums or not coz remember listening to music is not only about something to listen to in situation or to dance to but its to tell a story as well. Anyway with more and more rumours and with some europe shows announced in the american summer it could be that the album could be out by then (mid-year). But be cautious that until you hear any official word from lp.com or from the band members themselves take these gossip with a grain of salt. But otherwise im excited

1st i also agree that vocals are usually th last thing recorded before mixing and record completion. Now ii dig theres gossip on linkin park lately as newsfront has been quiet. Anyone expecting another hybrid theory (aka metal album) for the forseeable future will need to give it up. As for record sales, they dont mean squat when most music fans choose to download illegally on the net rather than pay for the albums/singles coz of hard times ecomonically and even then theyd still rather use their money for wat ever use so now its not defined on if linkin park sells 12 million records again on one album coz it wont happen. Rather its defined on how the live shows are and if the fans like their albums or not coz remember listening to music is not only about something to listen to in situation or to dance to but its to tell a story as well. Anyway with more and more rumours and with some europe shows announced in the american summer it could be that the album could be out by then (mid-year). But be cautious that until you hear any official word from lp.com or from the band members themselves take these gossip with a grain of salt. But otherwise im excited

I agree with you, artists and bands hardly make money off albums any more. Most of their money comes from concert sales now a days

and i also agree on the vocals, this could come out sooner than expected and we could have a single really soon

I dont care about how the album will sound because it will be awesome. The only thing I want from them is playing all of teir songs, where is Runaway, SIB, APFMH,POA, Dont Stay or Figure.09?

Come on guys dont say that you dont miss this songs live because it´s impossible. They could be like Muse because they play a set with all of Origin of Simetry because it turned 10 years old.

What did we see when Hybrid Theory turn ten years old? Only APFMH. Come on do something special in your live shows

I dont care about how the album will sound because it will be awesome. The only thing I want from them is playing all of teir songs, where is Runaway, SIB, APFMH,POA, Dont Stay or Figure.09?

Come on guys dont say that you dont miss this songs live because it´s impossible. They could be like Muse because they play a set with all of Origin of Simetry because it turned 10 years old.

What did we see when Hybrid Theory turn ten years old? Only APFMH. Come on do something special in your live shows

Well maybe they bring back APFMH, POA or SIB. But not Runaway. Chester hates that song.

I hope the band will play No Roads Left, Robot Boy or Across The Line someday....

Chances are this album won't be too heavy on the rock side. A lot of mainstream 90's/00's bands have been attempting to bring rock back. Incubus, RHCP, Blink 182, they all came out with albums recently but none of them seemed to break back into the mainstream, even after moving their sound less towards the rock side. Clearly rock doesn't have a very good place in this generation, and LP would be falling into the same hole as these bands are if they went for it. But on the flip-side, maybe LP is up for the challenge?

Chances are this album won't be too heavy on the rock side. A lot of mainstream 90's/00's bands have been attempting to bring rock back. Incubus, RHCP, Blink 182, they all came out with albums recently but none of them seemed to break back into the mainstream, even after moving their sound less towards the rock side. Clearly rock doesn't have a very good place in this generation, and LP would be falling into the same hole as these bands are if they went for it. But on the flip-side, maybe LP is up for the challenge?

those albums weren't that good thats why

I agree with people on here. I do love LPs old sound but I don't want them to bring it back. I feel they are done with it. But really, if they went heavier, or more on the rock side, I don't see that as going back to their old sound. Songs like When They Come For Me, Given Up, No More Sorrow, Wretches and Kings I cannot see would fit on HT or Meteora. Think people would disagree but I saw it as a progression and being creative.

Anyway yeah maybe take this with a grain of salt as it may be far from the truth.

To me, it makes no sense for them to return to their heavier roots. The music industry is a very different beast right now, and rock isn't really selling.

Linkin Park was never a Band who sold on singles very well, they are earn money with selling records. Bands like Metallica or Rammstein does it on that way too.

But Linkin Park a different and maybe special because they have their own genre. Look at a song like New Divide it is a kind of rock and sold very well. When I look on LP's previous singles then I see on the MTM period the have sold more singles as on Meteora or Hybrid Theory.

The ATS Singles sold very bad, because maybe of the fact it was not like what we expect from LP, but for more it was to much change for a mainstream sound.

So, for LP it doesn't care how is selling, the important thing is that it sells out. In the LP way it means, it is better to return to their heavier roots. I think.

Too many speculations on this new album that no one has heard anything, no one has seen progress, no one has heard as it sounds, the band has not said much about, all of this rumors has given us a very weak idea about the new album, but that's not enough for me.

They sold out but wait to listen the album, maybe we will have a good surprise.

No, they didn't sell out. Anyone who suggests such a thing is... Well, to put it frankly, an idiot. They're making the music they want to make. That's the opposite of selling out.

____

So, did they ever post an article? >.>

Linkin Park's first week sales on ATS were better than Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Blink 182 but it still wasn't a lot compared to previous albums. Rock isn't selling as well as before but let's hope the next album changes that!

yeah but Blink-182's album and Foo Fighters album were better

No, they didn't sell out. Anyone who suggests such a thing is... Well, to put it frankly, an idiot. They're making the music they want to make. That's the opposite of selling out.

____

So, did they ever post an article? >.>

this argument always comes up. I'd say technically they aren't selling out because the album sales were weak compared to last three albums but it still was a "bad change" imo

so not selling out, but still

I liked MTM much better than ATS

yeah but Blink-182's album and Foo Fighters album were better

this argument always comes up. I'd say technically they aren't selling out because the album sales were weak compared to last three albums but it still was a "bad change" imo

so not selling out, but still

I liked MTM much better than ATS

However-- that is indeed your opinion. I, and a lot of other fans, don't think it's a "bad change". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Just because a band puts out something that you don't like doesn't inherently make it bad. It's good music. Just not your kind of thing. It's still Linkin Park.

I, for one, love everything LP has come out with. HT/Reanimation/Meteora/MTM/ATS. I want them to keep on doing the music they want, and not listen to what people want them to sound like. It's just more exciting that way-- you never know what they're going to do next.

Love it, or hate it, you can't deny that Linkin Park is a unique band in how they change from album to album-- even with keeping the same kind of sound between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they pulled off plenty of new, exciting things that kept everything fresh. They know how to make good music, regardless of genre-- but the genre hopping I think is what people complain about, because not many other bands ((That I know of)) change constantly each album, constantly reinventing their sound.

I think you're in it for more "Rock" than anything else, which is why you hated ATS-- because it wasn't in your genre preferences. It came completely out of left field. I, for one, just like to sit back and enjoy the ride. I was originally in it for the rock too-- but Linkin Park have brought so much more to the table than that in the past few years, it really is quite amazing. I want them to keep on doing what they want to do, without constricting themselves to a single mindset. However-- As such, I don't mind if they work in some of their old sound into anything, because I know that Linkin Park will keep things fresh. The most exciting thing is that you just don't know what to expect with new songs. I love that feeling.

Edited by adaminator1

However-- that is indeed your opinion. I, and a lot of other fans, don't think it's a "bad change". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Just because a band puts out something that you don't like doesn't inherently make it bad. It's good music. Just not your kind of thing. It's still Linkin Park.

I, for one, love everything LP has come out with. HT/Reanimation/Meteora/MTM/ATS. I want them to keep on doing the music they want, and not listen to what people want them to sound like. It's just more exciting that way-- you never know what they're going to do next.

Love it, or hate it, you can't deny that Linkin Park is a unique band in how they change from album to album-- even with keeping the same kind of sound between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they pulled off plenty of new, exciting things that kept everything fresh. They know how to make good music, regardless of genre-- but the genre hopping I think is what people complain about, because not many other bands ((That I know of)) change constantly each album, constantly reinventing their sound.

I think you're in it for more "Rock" than anything else, which is why you hated ATS-- because it wasn't in your genre preferences. It came completely out of left field. I, for one, just like to sit back and enjoy the ride. I was originally in it for the rock too-- but Linkin Park have brought so much more to the table than that in the past few years, it really is quite amazing. I want them to keep on doing what they want to do, without constricting themselves to a single mindset. However-- As such, I don't mind if they work in some of their old sound into anything, because I know that Linkin Park will keep things fresh. The most exciting thing is that you just don't know what to expect with new songs. I love that feeling.

Agreed!!!

It is everytime funny to see, how people are defending ATS. They say the change is good, and it is a good Album but the most people like the prevoius records more, that's a little bit controversial.

Change is good, but to much is to much. It is not only the change on their records they have changed on theirs shows a lot too.

So my question is, is that what they really want for the fans ?

I like ATS, but sometimes I think I like it only because of a still hope that they return to a harder sound. I don't want nu metal back, I want that they use guitar or harder drums. Is this really to difficult ? Is that really to difficult to be creative and making good rock music ?

I think not.

An article never was posted - Derek from LPA apparently found the source from which Thrash Hits had obtained their news and blew them to shit lol. By the sounds of it some radio station claimed they had a story when they hadn't or at least that's what I picked up from what Derek said, though I'll be honest Thrash Hits have always been a reliable source and tend to have reliable sources but I guess everyone can make mistakes :/ oh well Mike's confirmed the album should be out mid-year so we'll get something within the next month or two anyway :)