30 second previews coming soon?

rav0k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks from the release date would be tomorrow, August 31st.

But the website only says beginning two weeks before release. That doesn't mean exactly 2 weeks. It could be later in the week. Also seems like we won't get them all at once.

Maybe they will upload 1 track per day (except empty spaces = 14 tracks = 2 weeks) on their myspace page </dreamingoff>

Maybe they will upload 1 track per day (except empty spaces = 14 tracks = 2 weeks) on their myspace page </dreamingoff>

Empty Spaces would be one of them and The Catalyst wouldn't. So still 14 tracks.

Maybe they'll send everyone a code via e-mail everyday to download another 30 second clip. Who knows. We should find out starting tomorrow hopefully.

But a 30-second sample of Empty Spaces would be 12 seconds longer than the track. I don't know if they'd give us a sample of an 18 second track.

Maybe they'll just let us hear the track. Plus nowhere does it say the clips are 30 seconds long. I know that's a safe assumption, but still.

But a 30-second sample of Empty Spaces would be 12 seconds longer than the track. I don't know if they'd give us a sample of an 18 second track.

This.

If anything, I bet they'll only have clips of the non-interlude tracks. If I'm right in my assumptions, the interlude tracks might simply be parts of the larger songs, separated from them by a relatively arbitrary track division. Why they would do that is beyond me (maybe to give the illusion of having more music, or to appease a record company not wanting a mainstream rock band to make an album with mostly songs over 6 minutes long), but that's what I think is gonna happen.

I've honestly never understood the whole "I'm not going to ruin the experience by listening to fan-endorsed snippets of music" thing. They put those previews up on the site to be listened to, not scoffed at because you're waiting for the whole thing. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother putting up previews :/

I've honestly never understood the whole "I'm not going to ruin the experience by listening to fan-endorsed snippets of music" thing. They put those previews up on the site to be listened to, not scoffed at because you're waiting for the whole thing. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother putting up previews :/

I think the previews are just there for promotion. I don't think Mike and the rest of LP want to release the previews, but they have to.

If I were in the same position (which I may very well soon be, considering I'm a musician in the process of recording music right now), I'd WANT my fans hearing my music. I obviously can't speak for LP, but I'd like to think the mindset of being proud of your accomplishments and the uneasiness that comes with waiting to hear fan reactions is not uncommon :)

If I were in the same position (which I may very well soon be, considering I'm a musician in the process of recording music right now), I'd WANT my fans hearing my music. I obviously can't speak for LP, but I'd like to think the mindset of being proud of your accomplishments and the uneasiness that comes with waiting to hear fan reactions is not uncommon :)

yeah but if you're really proud of your art, why would you dissect it?

well I assume for the most part Linkin park and the folks at wb are revolving most of their debuting around American standards. New albums in america debut on tuesdays. so if anything, if the leaks are supposed to happen two weeks prior that means that today would probably be the day for that to happen. if it does.