New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell happened to this band?? maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the entire song, but that preview does nothing for me. You're a rock band, start acting like it again. Way too much electronica going on there. Mike is becoming too obsessed with all the little toys he has now....how about some guitars.

Sounds terrible. I don't like the effects on the voice and the drums are weird and out of place.

Disagree. The drums fit with the part at the end with scratching, and the effects aren't that noticeable unless you're really looking for it. It's not like they've never done vocal effects before.

Fuck guitars. You guys are nuts.

This thing is going to be completely insane, god knows what else is waiting for us in this track.

LP going more electronic is what we've known for quite some time, embrace it, I think LP are a better electronic/whatever band than they are a rock band.

Just embrace everything coming up because despite how good all their back catalouge is, they've always been a band with more potential than what they were doing.

What the hell happened to this band?? maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the entire song, but that preview does nothing for me. You're a rock band, start acting like it again. Way too much electronica going on there. Mike is becoming too obsessed with all the little toys he has now....how about some guitars.

Because you totally have the authority to classify Linkin Park as a "rock band," and what you think has more bearing than what they want to be. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until this album leaks, I hope to god a bunch of people like you slip up and ask for download links. This place could really use some weeding out.

Because you totally have the authority to classify Linkin Park as a "rock band," and what you think has more bearing than what they want to be. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until this album leaks, I hope to god a bunch of people like you slip up and ask for download links. This place could really use some weeding out.

You´re bad Astat... LoL

But I kind of feel the same way about these people!!!

Maybe once Linkin Park tries to do every style of music, they'll go back to Hybrid Theory style music, but I swear to God, if they EVER do anything Justin Bieber related, I am no longer a Linkin Park fan!

wow i love how you worded that. couldnt agree more

I've always thought that. LTGYA is probably the best example of why you shouldn't be hanging on to Hybrid Theory's ballsack.

Imagine this album, then imagine the next album after that.

Wow I'm so curious to find out how this clip and the "lift me up...let me go" clip fit together. I am not a musician or anything so to me these two clips sound as though they are from two different songs lol.

Astat - have fun on your banning spree, LPL will lose a lot of noobs lol.

Dance/trance music is great so I'm all set for this new journey LP are about to take us on.

Ehh, to be honest I like Chester's affected vocals a hell of a lot better than Mike's. The song is really beat and sample driven. Not to say that it can't be a good song, but LP's greats have always been supported by heavy sounds and climatic bridges and final choruses. I'm not at all against what they may be doing with this new album, cause lets face it none of us have a fucking clue of what its going to sound like. Individual tracks, a 10 and 30 second preview have no baring on the album itself. Hell, it doesn't even do the unheard lead single justice. If the one of the last 4 tracks on MTM had previews of them leak before any other tracks I guarantee people would be making the same wrong assumptions about the album. What I've Done may have summed up the directions the band had taken that led them towards MTM, but it in no way summed up the creative sound of the entire album, which is exactly why The Catalyst is just 1 of 15 songs and in no way describes ATS as a whole.

Ehh, to be honest I like Chester's affected vocals a hell of a lot better than Mike's. The song is really beat and sample driven. Not to say that it can't be a good song, but LP's greats have always been supported by heavy sounds and climatic bridges and final choruses. I'm not at all against what they may be doing with this new album, cause lets face it none of us have a fucking clue of what its going to sound like. Individual tracks, a 10 and 30 second preview have no baring on the album itself. Hell, it doesn't even do the unheard lead single justice. If the one of the last 4 tracks on MTM had previews of them leak before any other tracks I guarantee people would be making the same wrong assumptions about the album. What I've Done may have summed up the directions the band had taken that led them towards MTM, but it in no way summed up the creative sound of the entire album, which is exactly why The Catalyst is just 1 of 15 songs and in no way describes ATS as a whole.

Best comments in this thread.