STREAM BURN IT DOWN + Living Things Album Artwork

LPxDC

Very good song, I like it! :)

It's definetly something new and fresh*, ok there are no real guitars and stuff like that, but I think it will be interesting to see and hear how this song will be playing live.

*: I mean this with an eye on LP music style... ;)

Edited by Sessin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as i heard the drums i knew what was going on. it's that standart drum pattern that every club track has, that every guetta song has. vocals are strong but have that melody that is catchy lie every club song, like every guetta song...

the only guitar in there is backing the chorus and i'm not even sure if its a real one. the whole chorus with its long uuuuup and dooooown is typical for every mainstream pop song. then mikes short verse is also typical for everysong that comes out nowadays.

the bad thing about it is that it sounds like every other popsong on the radio, of course you can tell its lp but they are now in one genre with guetta flo rida katy perry, etc and this song has the same target group. and i'm not in that group anymore. stylisticly this is very far from any kind of rock, theres no need for a band for this type of music.

I wouldn't say it that harsh, but that's the way I feel about the song as well and meant with too popish. The sad point is that I don't dislike pop and/or beat-driven music in general, although I mainly enjoy harder music. But BID doesn't even seem pretty good to me in that genre. Just average. Noting to hate, nothing to like. But as I said, it's at least not bad enough to entirely ruin my hopes for the new album.

As soon as i heard the drums i knew what was going on. it's that standart drum pattern that every club track has, that every guetta song has. vocals are strong but have that melody that is catchy lie every club song, like every guetta song...

the only guitar in there is backing the chorus and i'm not even sure if its a real one. the whole chorus with its long uuuuup and dooooown is typical for every mainstream pop song. then mikes short verse is also typical for everysong that comes out nowadays.

the bad thing about it is that it sounds like every other popsong on the radio, of course you can tell its lp but they are now in one genre with guetta flo rida katy perry, etc and this song has the same target group. and i'm not in that group anymore. stylisticly this is very far from any kind of rock, theres no need for a band for this type of music.

Couldn't agree with this more...well said. Electro-pop is not the kind of music I'm into and Mike's verse is just awful. I really don't understand what the hell this band is trying to be, but I don't like it. I honestly believe that the guys in LP much prefer electro music to rock music, especially Mike, and this is what we end up with. I'm sure the album will have some great songs, but I don't look forward to a LP album the way I used to. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with ATS, some of which I really like, but I'm afraid that this is the stuff we will get from them from now on and that bums me out. Just my 2cents.

I love the new song and I hope to hear some more Mike in the album maybe; some more Wretches and Kings like music, but I still enjoy the new song a lot. The problem is right now it feels like a continuation to ATS part 2. instead of a new album completly so it could be left over demos in here, i guess will see. Though any new Linkin Park to me is love to what do I care.

Very very catchy. This should be fun live.

+1

The problem is right now it feels like a continuation to ATS part 2.

JUST LIKE HT/Meteora!!!!! hahah

on a more serious note however - (;))

it could be left over demos in here, i guess will see.

apparently they wrote alot on the road for this record. it's possible some old demos made it in, but considering the amount of "tinkering" LP do with their demos -"Stick And Move" vs. the finalised "Runaway" for example (ok, bit different i know since that was years apart but still!) I'd be pretty sure that if old ATS demos were used they'd have been updated to suit the current mood of the band's music.

it's kind of irresponsible of bands to just take b-sides and put together the album like that, since you're not reflecting the current best of your ideas and musical progression. and the album itself would feel a bit stilted and uncertain to place, I'm sure LP wouldn't be dim enough to do that - for themselves and their fans. Mike's a workaholic, i doubt he'd let that happen :lol:

Edited by LGraham

All right, I listen to this "version" and I think if you know which guitar parts and Mike's background singing is included you will love this song! :)

Wow, that's cool. I was right, though, it's way better as an instrumental :lol: And I wish they mixed Mike's harmonizing louder now. Edited by avo17