LPU Chat: Chester Bennington August 1, 2011

It's fucking stupid how the chat was changed. I bet this chat will sucks anyways, they're nowhere as good as they were in 2004-2006

It's fucking stupid that in 2011 there are still an alarmingly high number of people that don't get the concept of "shit happens."

@ Colin

Some possible questions for the chat.

- if we can expect more gang vocals on the next album

- Will Not Alone get its live premiere while they tour Japan (I have a feeling Japan will get something special so maybe Not Alone)

- Who's the better drummer, him or Brad? ;)

Thats all I got. Hopefully, the chat will be spam-lite for those joining in

Chester, when Linkin Park will tour my country???? WE LOVE U XOXOXO

do u liek bacon?

how's ur nose doing? LOL

will u scream more on new album?

when is the new album coming out?

Chester, when Linkin Park will tour my country???? WE LOVE U XOXOXO

are u ever going to make music like Hybrid Theory again?

wash, rince, repeat.

Kind of like these posts that bash fans. Wash, rinse, repeat. These people get bashed all of the time and it's getting kind of old. I guess in this situation Linkin Park fans are divided into two groups. These "intelligent, thoughtful fans" or people who are known for being moronic, without any chance of being so excited to talk to the band that they try to ask them everything that they have been thinking of all at once.

Like there's no chance in hell someone gets a laugh out of "do u liek bacon?", oh god I hope an 11 year old fan from a foreign country isn't that idiotic to ask something that he finds funny.

/sarcasm

I mean, does Chester really want to answer over 1,000 long questions anyway? Is he taking time out of his day to talk about DSP's or stupid stuff like that? I'd hope not.

Kind of like these posts that bash fans. Wash, rinse, repeat. These people get bashed all of the time and it's getting kind of old. I guess in this situation Linkin Park fans are divided into two groups. These "intelligent, thoughtful fans" or people who are known for being moronic, without any chance of being so excited to talk to the band that they try to ask them everything that they have been thinking of all at once.

Like there's no chance in hell someone gets a laugh out of "do u liek bacon?", oh god I hope an 11 year old fan from a foreign country isn't that idiotic to ask something that he finds funny.

/sarcasm

I mean, does Chester really want to answer over 1,000 long questions anyway? Is he taking time out of his day to talk about DSP's or stupid stuff like that? I'd hope not.

No, they don't need to ALL be serious questions. The problem is, the huge majority of the chat is a bunch of non-sense drivel every single time. And we all paid 60 dollars for the privilege of being able to have these chats, so why exactly are we wasting it with questions that have either already been answered or are just silly?

I don't think it's stupid or a waste of time if a fan asks Chester what he's been doing with his time off from touring, when the last time he saw Ryan or Amir was, how he enjoyed Country X the last time he visited, etc. That's all cool, the band members are human beings, I get that.

What I don't get is when someone asks them if they like bacon over and over. Or if they reference some obscure quote from Frat Party that the band won't remember. Or if they ask a question like "will you tour my country" that everybody should fucking know by now won't get a worthwhile answer. It's one thing to ask a question that isn't strictly related to music or Linkin Park. But it's another thing to waste everyone's (including the band member's) time.

For those who wanna know the questions here's the transcript courtesy of LPA

Q: What is the new album going to sound like?

It’s going to be different. Too early to say what it’s going to sound like, we have no idea. But, we’re working with Rick, and we’re in the process of writing some songs.

Q: What was the hardest obstacle to over come while making A Thousand Suns?

I would say that just kind of getting out of a comfort zone when we write. Once you know how to do something, you kind of want to keep repeating that and that gets really easy, but I think that overcoming the safe route is probably the hardest part because it’s easy to do the same thing. It’s harder to take a chance and make music that sounds different than the stuff than the stuff that was successful in the past.

Q: Will you make another Dead By Sunrise record?

Maybe. I don’t know. I think I’ll probably make another one. But I think that Dead By Sunrise is something that’s gonna have to happen when I’m not busy with Linkin Park, and that could be in a long time. So I don’t know when the next one will come out.

Q: Will you be performing any other covers?

Playing covers is something we don’t do very often, so we have to be picky about that kind of thing. But eight years ago when we didn’t have very many songs to play live, we would actually play songs like “Wish” or any of the other Deftones songs or whatever we could throw in our show because we only had like 36 minutes of music. So I don’t know how often we’ll do covers.

Q: What lessons have you learned over the past 10 years?

I’ve learned a lot of stuff over the last 10 years. I think I’ve learned to calm down a little bit. I was just a little kid, a young man when we started this. I’m kind of like an old guy now. I think learning patience and being a dad is really something that I didn’t know…I didn’t know I would be the person I am today for sure 10 years ago.

Q: Will you play Robot Boy live?

Maybe. I would like to play all of A Thousand Suns from beginning to end live someday, that’d be cool.

Head over to LPA for the complete rundown.

Edited by Dmitry
shortened to snippet, added link to LPA -Dmitry

fact still remains, no real info was given on any future events/projects. Chester seems like a good oak reading that, but i do hate this stage of the album making. They don't want to give anything away and we sit for months without any real news

fact still remains, no real info was given on any future events/projects. Chester seems like a good oak reading that, but i do hate this stage of the album making. They don't want to give anything away and we sit for months without any real news

I really dont care what he said or didnt say about the album or other projects.. im just glad he came on. Its more about a band memember being there rather than what they talk about.

Poor quality but it's still audible.

And I think this chat was really good. A lot of questions I have wondered myself have been answered.

Thank you man, now I'll be watching.

;) , chat was a really good. I read something on LPA.