"New Divide" Is Coming!

SouthernGirlAM

Straight from the LPU:

The title of Linkin Park's new song is "New Divide." As most of you have heard, it is the theme song and lead single from the upcoming movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The song will premiere on radio worldwide on May 18 and will also be available for download on iTunes that same day!

In addition to writing the theme song for the movie, Linkin Park are contributing to the score of the movie. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens in the theaters on June 24 and the soundtrack hits stores on June 23.

"The opportunity to be creatively involved with one of the most anticipated films of the summer is pretty exciting," says Mike Shinoda. "It's one thing to shoot a video that matches sound and vision, but making music that's built for the big screen is a completely different challenge and we ran with it.

Be on the lookout for details regarding where you can catch the radio premiere, see the video and maybe even some surprises!

Thanks to Adam, the LPU and LP management for getting this information released!

that's a beast song name. Cant friggin wait. But I think like Adam tried to do was to keep it within the LPU, but i think people from there woulda tried leaked it here haha

Cant wait for this. It will be epic.

that's a beast song name. Cant friggin wait. But I think like Adam tried to do was to keep it within the LPU, but i think people from there woulda tried leaked it here haha

Cant wait for this. It will be epic.

No offense to Adam or the LPU, but they can't successfully keep the LPU CD tracks exclusive, so how can they expect to keep information from leaking? Fan sites have always had the freedom to post LP news that the LPU posts and, in fact, we usually do so before the LPU posts news.

On topic:

Looking forward to the new song/soundtrack as a whole/film score!

No offense to Adam or the LPU, but they can't successfully keep the LPU CD tracks exclusive, so how can they expect to keep information from leaking? Fan sites have always had the freedom to post LP news that the LPU posts and, in fact, we usually do so before the LPU posts news.

On topic:

Looking forward to the new song/soundtrack as a whole/film score!

Lol like i said it would have been leaked oh well! At least we have a song title! I'm glad we have something to hold us over till DBS. I still remember laughing when i read an article saying RtR would hold us LP fans till the next album PFTT haha. But yeauh anyone think they will come out with a CD single for this? Def buying the soundtrack for this :)

obviously its going to be leaked to sites like this. but this information was posted on lpunderground before it was posted ANYWHERE else, and that's still pretty cool. we worked hard to make that happen. its your guys' call if you actually want to make lpu less exclusive and post it here.

also, there are LOTS of fans who don't check fan sites, so this is still pretty exclusive even if its up here and on the other fan sites.

Edited by Adam

obviously its going to be leaked to sites like this. but this information was posted on lpunderground before it was posted ANYWHERE else, and that's still pretty cool. we worked hard to make that happen. its your guys' call if you actually want to make lpu less exclusive and post it here.

also, there are LOTS of fans who don't check fan sites, so this is still pretty exclusive even if its up here and on the other fan sites.

LPU exclusives are just stupid

i wonder why people play to see 50 second videos of the guys doing stupid things.

Interesting title. This is good, It will be definitely be in the mold of What I've Done. While its great we get to hear a new element of LP persay with this track and scoring, this is obviously one of the biggest reasons to have come to light that the album is backtracked to early 2010. Its quite apparent right now that they have focused more of their time right now since the movie is due out in a month an half on this deal than the actual album.

It's great to hear something new and I hope the song will kickass and I also hope they get back to making the record, because there once again taking their sweet ass time with everything.

LPU exclusives are just stupid

i wonder why people play to see 50 second videos of the guys doing stupid things.

Because the price of an LPU membership would be exactly the same whether we got exclusives or not. Guranteed.

If people knew just how much and how hard you worked to get this for the LPU, they'd be more inclined to keep it as an LPU exclusive. In most cases with LP news, it has to do with "where" it was posted FIRST, so in this case the LPU had something first for once again thanks to you, so a lot of people are grateful for just that.

It's hard to keep something exclusive when it's info about the new LP song, whether it was released to LP.com, the LPU, LPLive, or 30SecondsToMars.net :P If it was here first, it'd be all over the internet in 10 minutes anyway.

Thanks for your hard work, I know after talking to you for several days constantly of all the work you, the LPU and LP management put in to get it released to the LPU :)

Can't wait for the song. It's just Chaz on vocals but we'll see how it is.

:) i truely cant wait, WOO!!!! hopefully australian radio plays it then too :D :D well... would it be considered "illegal" to have a download of it on this site?

Uhh, just a little.

sounds like fun, but yeah like another dude said, the album could have been released sooner if it wasent for this. But if its something LP really wanted to do its up to them, its not everyday you get to work with hanz zimmer.

sounds like fun, but yeah like another dude said, the album could have been released sooner if it wasent for this. But if its something LP really wanted to do its up to them, its not everyday you get to work with hanz zimmer.

They work on so many songs simultaneously during the recording of an album anyway, I doubt this affected the album's schedule much.

If people knew just how much and how hard you worked to get this for the LPU, they'd be more inclined to keep it as an LPU exclusive. In most cases with LP news, it has to do with "where" it was posted FIRST, so in this case the LPU had something first for once again thanks to you, so a lot of people are grateful for just that.

It's hard to keep something exclusive when it's info about the new LP song, whether it was released to LP.com, the LPU, LPLive, or 30SecondsToMars.net :P If it was here first, it'd be all over the internet in 10 minutes anyway.

Thanks for your hard work, I know after talking to you for several days constantly of all the work you, the LPU and LP management put in to get it released to the LPU :)

Can't wait for the song. It's just Chaz on vocals but we'll see how it is.

who said It's just Chaz on vocals?

Cool title. So are we getting a video for this song? That would be pretty awesome.

New song this month.

Hopefully a bside or a new song played this summer.

Dead by Sunrise this September.

Then new Linkin Park early next year.

The cycle is slowly starting back up :lol:

The song title is really different from most of their other stuff. It sounds like the titles for the MTM songs though. Im looking forward to this song. sound really good. and yeah when was it released that only Chaz is on vocals.

WOOT!!!! Sounds sweet!!! Can't wait ev more now!!! It just sucks cuz I have a major Bio exam that day and I won't be able to focus!!! That's gonna be the longest day of my life!!!